ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries????????

LmdCat

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
What the heck is going on here? We had the mystery illness with Dilly that was followed by DJ injury to only be followed up by a Mitchell injury. I guess what I find so puzzling is that these injuries seem to be uneventful during the games in which the injuries occurred. We just seem to have an unusually high number of injuries.

Last edited:
Wagner tweaked his ankle, Mitchell is most likely out due to too many minutes played. Dilly was out one game.

Not too abnormal

Reactions: Sejonesy
What's mysterious about Dilly getting a stomach bug? And obvious injuries? Everyone know you can get hurt during a game and the adrenaline and saying warm keeps you from really being affected until the game is over. Even one that will last week.

Reactions: Fox2monk
What the heck is going on here? We had the mystery illness with Dilly that was followed a DJ injury to only be followed up by a Mitchell injury. I guess what I find so puzzling is that these injuries seem to be uneventful during the games in which the injuries occurred. We just seem to have an unusually high number of injuries.
Cool story.

What's mysterious about Dilly getting a stomach bug? And obvious injuries? Everyone know you can get hurt during a game and the adrenaline and saying warm keeps you from really being affected until the game is over. Even one that will last week.
During the game that Dilly missed, he didn't look like a player who was sick. He looked like a player who was really upset that he wasn't in the game. As for the injuries, this team seems to have a higher-than-normal number of injuries on the team. There hasn't been a game this season when the team has had its full compliment of players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Wagner tweaked his ankle, Mitchell is most likely out due to too many minutes played. Dilly was out one game.

Not too abnormal
If DJ just tweaked his ankle, it shouldn't require him to miss multiple games. We treat our players like they can't play if they are not 100% healthy which is ridiculous. This is the approach taken when a team is coddling players.

Reactions: UK CAT in FL
During the game that Dilly missed, he didn't look like a player who was sick. He looked like a player who was really upset that he wasn't in the game. As for the injuries, this team seems to have a higher-than-normal number of injuries on the team. There hasn't been a game this season when the team has had its fully compliment of players.
I’d say the illness on the bench raises more questions than what occurred, for all we know he had the squirts or something.

• Haha
Reactions: ZenCatFan73
If DJ just tweaked his ankle, it shouldn't require him to miss multiple games. We treat our players like they can't play if they are not 100% healthy which is ridiculous. This is the approach taken when a team is coddling players.
#backinmyday alert

Reactions: shodaman
I will say regarding DJ you could tell his ankle wasn’t right a couple games ago on that breakaway layup he had, he missed and it was like he got stuck to the floor with no lift.

Reactions: UKgal82
I’d say the illness on the bench raises more questions than what occurred, for all we know he had the squirts or something.
If I had the squirts, the last place I would want to be is on the bench too far away from a toilet. If that was the case, it wasn't bad enough that he had to go to the restroom during the game because it was never stated that he left the bench during the game.

Yeah, back in the day when we didn't coddle players and we were great. Some of you know nothing about those days because you think our imitation of a coach is the founder of UK basketball.
#uphillbothways

If I had the squirts, the last place I would want to be is on the bench too far away from a toilet. If that was the case, it wasn't bad enough that he had to go to the restroom during the game because it was never stated that he left the bench during the game.
I agree just saying it could have been anything.

What the heck is going on here? We had the mystery illness with Dilly that was followed by DJ injury to only be followed up by a Mitchell injury. I guess what I find so puzzling is that these injuries seem to be uneventful during the games in which the injuries occurred. We just seem to have an unusually high number of injuries.
You couldn't have responded to the other 10 threads about this?

This is the approach when you have depth and are trying to be healthy come March. Start another thread about this.

I don't think the University makes reports about how often players shit during the game.

Yeah, back in the day when we didn't coddle players and we were great. Some of you know nothing about those days because you think our imitation of a coach is the founder of UK basketball.
How many of you guys, including you LmdCat, want to go on record and say you know more about coaching basketball than John Calipari? I was told I couldn't criticize Tom Heitz because I didn't play at UK. Could you coach this team better than Cal? Do the rest of you complainers think you know more about coaching than Cal?

I get that we all complain about things we don't like, but it seems like all of a sudden anyone that compliments something about the team gets criticized and called a Cal worshipper. But, criticizing Cal like you are a D1 coach yourself is applauded. Nothing more annoying than the "if you can't see __________________, then you are __________________." Except maybe "___________ is the worst, and it isn't really close."

High ankle sprains require more time.

U forgot to add Big Z

Reactions: plumdog69
I'm amazed that there's any illness in the world. The per capita number of doctors on this board is staggering. 80%? 90%? And not just hands-on, take-tests doctors. Doctors who can sniff out an illness from pictures! or media reports!!!

I'm amazed that there's any illness in the world. The per capita number of doctors on this board is staggering. 80%? 90%? And not just hands-on, take-tests doctors. Doctors who can sniff out an illness from pictures! or media reports!!!
You are amazed that you are able to logon your computer, so it doesn't take much to amaze you.

How many of you guys, including you LmdCat, want to go on record and say you know more about coaching basketball than John Calipari? I was told I couldn't criticize Tom Heitz because I didn't play at UK. Could you coach this team better than Cal? Do the rest of you complainers think you know more about coaching than Cal?

I get that we all complain about things we don't like, but it seems like all of a sudden anyone that compliments something about the team gets criticized and called a Cal worshipper. But, criticizing Cal like you are a D1 coach yourself is applauded. Nothing more annoying than the "if you can't see __________________, then you are __________________." Except maybe "___________ is the worst, and it isn't really close."
I have no issues with saying that I know as much about basketball as your hero. He is good at talking and recruiting, so don't get it twisted. Talking and recruiting isn't coaching. The product on the court is proof of that. Just because you are captivated by all the BS coming out his mouth doesn't mean he knows what he is talking about. The fact that the NBA is littered with UK players who are some of the bests in the game and he didn't achieve much with them is clear proof that he doesn't know what he is doing. It doesn't take a basketball savant to underachieve with more talent than his opponents.

Last edited:
You are amazed that you are able to logon your computer, so it doesn't take much to amaze you.
Damn right it amazes me. My father back in the early 50s was given a demo of a computer. The demonstration took place inside of the computer

When my grandmother was born there were no automobiles in the state. No telephones. Electricity was a novelty. When she died, it had been a dozen years since men walked on the moon and lots of people had computers the size of a kitchen drawer in their homes.

I sure hope it amazes you that just about anyone can logon to a computer.

But maybe that was just the 1st thing that came to mind.

I have no issues with saying that I know as much about basketball as your hero. He is good at talking and recruiting, so don't get it twisted. Talking and recruiting isn't coaching. The product on the court is proof of that. Just because you are captivated by all the BS coming out his mouth doesn't mean he knows what he is talking about. The fact that the NBA is littered with UK players who are some of the bests in the game and he can't achieve much with them is clear proof that he doesn't know what he is doing. It doesn't take a basketball savant to underachieve with more talent than his opponents.
why are you not coaching? seems it pays very well and you make sound so easy

Since you like texting, why don't you write books? It seems to me that it pays very well.
I never claimed to be a writer you claim to know more than a hof coach so why aren't you making 9 million a year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT