ADVERTISEMENT

I'm really sad about the following things...

BlueBomb

All-American
Apr 3, 2009
I no longer get excited on game day

We don’t “eat first” anymore

Our coach has lost his swag

I don’t know any of the players

We won’t win another championship under Cal

If Cal leaves, the media will once again paint us as a bunch of ungrateful hillbilly buffoons

I’m just not having any fun

We’ve no chance of winning a championship this year. That means 2022 is our next opportunity, a decade removed from our last one

We keep losing to Kansas

My dog pissed on the floor last night

I’m almost out of bourbon

Sheesh.

I no longer get excited on game day

We don’t “eat first” anymore

Our coach has lost his swag

I don’t know any of the players

We won’t win another championship under Cal

If Cal leaves, the media will once again paint us as a bunch of ungrateful hillbilly buffoons

I’m just not having any fun

We’ve no chance of winning a championship this year. That means 2022 is our next opportunity, a decade removed from our last one

We keep losing to Kansas

My dog pissed on the floor last night

I’m almost out of bourbon

Sheesh.
Two things that might help. Theres no way the media can say we’re racist because Cal left . And if the Knicks were to hire him to come coach all his ex players , PROBLEM SOLVED! Just trying to give you some hope, lol.

Reactions: natchezrule
I’ve never known any of the players. It’s the strangest complaint of our fan base. Why can’t people just say they wish the superstars would turn down millions of dollars and return to Kentucky for nothing?

Some of the superstars would make a whole lot more money staying more than one year, two maybe, that was the difference with PJ. Now it looks like he will hang around for a while, not all need to stay more than one but most would benefit in the long run from it. Some that leave just get that one contract and bounce around the league or overseas, if that's alright with them it's ok with me. The way some go through money year to year contracts don't amount to much. I wish they still had it where you could go straight to the NBA if good enough then those who opt to go to college have to stay 2 years.

I'm sad that we spend most of the season saying "wait til March," and then we can't even win 4 games in the tourney. What's the point of "wait til March," if the Elite 8 is your ceiling.

If they don't make it this year, that's 5 years of it.

That being said, I think this team has the size and talent. I think they can figure the offense out. But MAN, I'm so tired of waiting for the team to learn to play basketball.

Think things are bad? Try watching your weiner shrink a little more each year with age....or maybe the belly is just getting bigger. Hard to tell cause the eyesight is going too which may be a good thing with what I see looking back at me in the mirror. Cheer up---It's almost Covid Season.

Reactions: awf
I'm sad that we spend most of the season saying "wait til March," and then we can't even win 4 games in the tourney. What's the point of "wait til March," if the Elite 8 is your ceiling.

If they don't make it this year, that's 5 years of it.

That being said, I think this team has the size and talent. I think they can figure the offense out. But MAN, I'm so tired of waiting for the team to learn to play basketball.

If they don't make what, exactly? A Final 4? So the guy who handed us an ABSURD amount of Final 4's in 5 years is now the bad guy because he can't duplicate that historic success? You realize how silly that is, right?

What really worries me, is what this fanbase is going to do to the next coach, who will for sure fall short on the amount of tournament wins and banners that Cal has had over the last decade, which, without looking, I'm pretty sure he's 1st in over that time frame.

I just want the same to apply to the next coach. I'm tempted to start marking these down and revisiting them... Cats192 wants Beard gone if he can't win a Final4 in 5 years.. good luck, Chris Beard (or whoever), with those expectations..

Cal needs to make some adjustments.. but some of you are reaaaaly biting the hand that feeds you.

Sheesh.
Make no mistake, if this bunch of know nothing, spoiled crybabies, manages to run off our HOF coach, over early losses, in a shortened season, with no scrimmage games, and a tough schedule. We will deserve whatever hate the rest of the world pours on us. And, no decent coach will even consider jumping into this mess. Some of y'all are just impatient children.

If they don't make what, exactly? A Final 4? So the guy who handed us an ABSURD amount of Final 4's in 5 years is now the bad guy because he can't duplicate that historic success? You realize how silly that is, right?

What really worries me, is what this fanbase is going to do to the next coach, who will for sure fall short on the amount of tournament wins and banners that Cal has had over the last decade, which, without looking, I'm pretty sure he's 1st in over that time frame.

I just want the same to apply to the next coach. I'm tempted to start marking these down. Cats192 wants Beard gona if he can't win a Final4 in 5 years.. good luck, Chris Beard (or whoever) who has to deal with those requirements.

Cal needs to make some adjustments.. but some of you are reaaaaly biting the hand that feeds you.
Agree HEAVILY on last part, fans that want cal gone are ignorant.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I'm getting tired of coach speak. Also, just so you johnny come lately fans know, Kentucky is much bigger than John Calipari. Kentucky basketball will survive long after he leaves for the NBA.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Kansas has won 4 of the last 5 against us.

The only time Kentucky was dominating Kansas was pre 1985... which by the way, many of those early 80's and 70's years, Kansas wasn't even ranked.

Kansas had our number from 85 to 2007. Only in the middle did we rattle off some wins, but otherwise 5 to 3, Kansas' favor. Cal then wins the next 3, and then loses 4 of the following 5, to be 4-4... 4-4 against what might be Kansas's GOAT coach in modern day basketball..

For as long as Self is there, you're not going to see another coach go like 6-2 against Kansas (even though Cal probably should be 6-2 against him). Not gonna happen.

I just want the same to apply to the next coach. I'm tempted to start marking these down and revisiting them... Cats192 wants Beard gone if he can't win a Final4 in 5 years.. good luck, Chris Beard (or whoever), with those expectations..

I don't think it's "we have to win the Final 4."

But the theme of Kentucky basketball is "wait until March." And if we're "waiting until March," we need to be delivering in March. And while you paint it as unrealistic expectations, Cal set this.

We're the Gold standard for college basketball. We won't be in the top 25 next Monday. Is that the Gold Standard? And that's ok, because our success is measured in March. Enjoy the journey. We'll have 'em ready for the Tourney. Then...deliver in the tourney if that's your message.

Remember "we only hang banners for national championships?

Remember "I want to go 40-0?"

Remember "Our next goal is to chase UCLA's 11 titles?"

But the reality is: Wait until March. I'm fine not making the Final 4 if we can have consistently good regular seasons. But we're losing to Evansville. I can't accept losing to Evansville and well...wait 'til March.

Make no mistake, if this bunch of know nothing, spoiled crybabies, manages to run off our HOF coach, over early losses, in a shortened season, with no scrimmage games, and a tough schedule. We will deserve whatever hate the rest of the world pours on us. And, no decent coach will even consider jumping into this mess. Some of y'all are just impatient children.
Well he did tell everyone to be mad at him in his video. lol.

Reactions: warrior-cat
I don't think it's "we have to win the Final 4."

But the theme of Kentucky basketball is "wait until March." And if we're "waiting until March," we need to be delivering in March. And while you paint it as unrealistic expectations, Cal set this.

We're the Gold standard for college basketball. We won't be in the top 25 next Monday. Is that the Gold Standard? And that's ok, because our success is measured in March. Enjoy the journey. We'll have 'em ready for the Tourney. Then...deliver in the tourney if that's your message.

Remember "we only hang banners for national championships?

Remember "I want to go 40-0?"

Remember "Our next goal is to chase UCLA's 11 titles?"

But the reality is: Wait until March. I'm fine not making the Final 4 if we can have consistently good regular seasons. But we're losing to Evansville. I can't accept losing to Evansville and well...wait 'til March.

We've delivered in March. 25% of our tournament wins since 1942 have come from John Calipari... and he did that in 10 years, which is just about 12.5% of that time span.

I think we need to see a little more than just 4 years of "not making a Final 4". I've said it over and over.. we miss out in a Final 4 in the next few years, while losing these november games, I'll be right there with you. But this is just too premature. And quite frankly, unfair standards for ANY coach, John Cal or whoever comes after him.

Some of the criteria seeing would mean we'd be running Beard out the door after 5 years. It's just unattainable.

But the SOB's have been cheating out their AZZ to do it.......can't you see that?
True but it's not like these Kansas teams have been great.They looked terrible against us and we still couldn't win.

I’ve never known any of the players. It’s the strangest complaint of our fan base. Why can’t people just say they wish the superstars would turn down millions of dollars and return to Kentucky for nothing?
We're fine with the super stars leaving, he'll yeah they should go, it’s the G-Leage level players that are leaving early for, well, for the GL.

Cal is working the phones til all hours of the night trying to convince NBA people that Hagans is ready. That's the only way Hagans gets any kind of a deal and he got one.

While Cal is doing that, every other college coach is making sure their key players are returning next season, so they can be in the hunt for a title.

Have you ever known a coach that pushes his players to leave, when the goal is supposed to be final fours and titles? This is so bizzare.

Reactions: jmw23712
Patsy Klein's plane crash wasn't as hard as yours is going to be and her plane ran into a f*ckin' mountain.

Really, Jeff? Just what the hell you think is going to happen to me? Not a damn thing. Always the threats with you dude. Get some help. Get out of your lazy boy. Do something.

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT