ADVERTISEMENT

I'm really sad about the following things...

We're fine with the super stars leaving, he'll yeah they should go, it’s the G-Leage level players that are leaving early for, well, for the GL.

Cal is working the phones til all hours of the night trying to convince NBA people that Hagans is ready. That's the only way Hagans gets any kind of a deal and he got one.

While Cal is doing that, every other college coach is making sure their key players are returning next season, so they can be in the hunt for a title.

Have you ever known a coach that pushes his players to leave, when the goal is supposed to be final fours and titles? This is so bizzare.

We went through all this last year. They want to get paid. They can get paid. They don’t need your permission to get paid. Get over it.

Really, Jeff? Just what the hell you think is going to happen to me? Not a damn thing. Always the threats with you dude. Get some help. Get out of your lazy boy. Do something.
Man, you can't even take a joke anymore.

It is funny though, I'm picturing you blowing a gasket right now.

We went through all this last year. They want to get paid. They can get paid. They don’t need your permission to get paid. Get over it.
Everyone wants to get paid, why is Villanova, Baylor, Gonzaga, Illinois, uNC, MSU etc… hanging on to their players for 3 and 4 years? Oh I know, because their coaches pump the program and not the NBA.
I can't believe you guys are okay with kids coming to UK just to go pro. They don’t care about UK. How invested are they in this university when they are so focused on the NBA?
This is supposed to be a college program, but it is far from it. Cal is making a mockery out of this place.

More a look of worry about you hurting yourself or somebody else. You are like the threat board leader.
Oh come on now, it's not that bad.

But I think you're getting me confused with someone else. I don’t recall posting any threats to anyone. What are you referring to? The crash comments? Those aren't threats, they're predictions.

Let me know what threats you’re talking about though, I want to make sure you're going to be okay lil buddy.

Oh come on now, it's not that bad.

But I think you're getting me confused with someone else. I don’t recall posting any threats to anyone. What are you referring to? The crash comments? Those aren't threats, they're predictions.

Let me know what threats you’re talking about though, I want to make sure you're going to be okay lil buddy.

Oh, come now. You did the same thing last year. I called your hand on it then too. I won't be crashing into anything. You won't be meeting me anywhere as you requested last year. All figments of your imagination, twisted though it may be. You and all the Kentucky bashers won't change a damn thing. We will be this way next year. The year after and year after. . . .I am sure you can see the pattern. Either ride the horse or get off. Beating it with a chain doesn't help anything.

Oh, come now. You did the same thing last year. I called your hand on it then too. I won't be crashing into anything. You won't be meeting me anywhere as you requested last year. All figments of your imagination, twisted though it may be. You and all the Kentucky bashers won't change a damn thing. We will be this way next year. The year after and year after. . . .I am sure you can see the pattern. Either ride the horse or get off. Beating it with a chain doesn't help anything.
Haha, either ride the horse or get off? Come on man, that's not how this has to work.

Maybe you don’t understand this, you can love something and still be critical of it.

You can't tell me that you don’t at least feel a little bit like Cal cares too much about NBA draft picks.

I don’t believe for 1 second that you are in favor of everything Cal does. There has to be something that Cal does that you don’t agree with. Has to be, because if you just stand behind everything he does, well, that makes you a suck-up. You don’t want to he a suck-up do you?

Also, you don’t want to bring up last year do you? I busted your ass pretty good, to the point you stopped posting for quite some time. Do you remember that? When you finally came back, you said you weren't going to answer me, because you didn't have to.

I'll do you a solid and leave it there, I won't drag you through the mud again. It’s too early in the season to make you run away again.

Haha, either ride the horse or get off? Come on man, that's not how this has to work.

Maybe you don’t understand this, you can love something and still be critical of it.

You can't tell me that you don’t at least feel a little bit like Cal cares too much about NBA draft picks.

I don’t believe for 1 second that you are in favor of everything Cal does. There has to be something that Cal does that you don’t agree with. Has to be, because if you just stand behind everything he does, well, that makes you a suck-up. You don’t want to he a suck-up do you?

Also, you don’t want to bring up last year do you? I busted your ass pretty good, to the point you stopped posting for quite some time. Do you remember that? When you finally came back, you said you weren't going to answer me, because you didn't have to.

I'll do you a solid and leave it there, I won't drag you through the mud again. It’s too early in the season to make you run away again.

You haven’t dragged me through anything. I’ve told you before you are like a flat earther. Facts mean nothing to you. And if you think I ran away, think again. One of the mods thought I got rough with little Jeffy. Poor guy. Running would never cross my mine particularly with you. Stay on basketball and leave the threats and personal crap out of it.

Bottom line, this is our program. It is going to be our program. Period.

I no longer get excited on game day

We don’t “eat first” anymore

Our coach has lost his swag

I don’t know any of the players

We won’t win another championship under Cal

If Cal leaves, the media will once again paint us as a bunch of ungrateful hillbilly buffoons

I’m just not having any fun

We’ve no chance of winning a championship this year. That means 2022 is our next opportunity, a decade removed from our last one

We keep losing to Kansas

My dog pissed on the floor last night

I’m almost out of bourbon

Sheesh.
But it’s almost Christmas

You haven’t dragged me through anything. I’ve told you before you are like a flat earther. Facts mean nothing to you. And if you think I ran away, think again. One of the mods thought I got rough with little Jeffy. Poor guy. Running would never cross my mine particularly with you. Stay on basketball and leave the threats and personal crap out of it.

Bottom line, this is our program. It is going to be our program. Period.
You avoided my questions, why?
Are you 100% in agreement with everything that Cal does, or is there anything he does that you disagree with?
The mods gave you a timeout last year??? I never got one and I slapped you so many times, I bet you thought you were surrounded. I mean, it was a thing of beauty.
Also, tell me about these threats, I don’t recall ever threatening you. I think you're confusing me with someone else.

I’ve never known any of the players. It’s the strangest complaint of our fan base. Why can’t people just say they wish the superstars would turn down millions of dollars and return to Kentucky for nothing?

Yes, I didn't know them personally; however, in the past I did get to see guys progress and develop in the program before they went to the league. Sure, getting top prospects is glamorous but the lack of continuity in the program is hurting performance and fan engagement IMO. And with the W-L record moving closer to Tubby levels it's becoming more difficult to get enthusiastic about the team.

As a side note, I'm not a big fan of the style of play. First team to 67 points doesn't make me want to tune in. But my interest in all sports at all levels has waned.

And before you start, I'm not saying Cal should be fired or leave, I'm simply explaining why many are not as enthusiastic. I do love that Cal cares about helping his players get to the league and he seems to genuinely care about their futures. He's done tremendous work for charity and is a coach with integrity. There is a lot to love about Cal. I just wish he'd be more flexible in his approach, give guys like Dontae a chance to improve, with playing time, recruit based on development, the University, and winning in college, rather than quick ticket to the NBA. But I admit, I might be a dinosaur in expecting to feel the passion of the Pitino run and watching those guys develop, watching them demolish the opposition with a playing style that's fun to watch.

My only couple of complaints about Cal.

1. He’s so innovative in marketing the program and recruiting, yet his coaching style is a carbon copy of Joe B Hall circa 1983.
2. His reluctance to schedule home and homes with other marquee programs has diminished the excitement for the program by the common fan.

I don't think it's "we have to win the Final 4."

But the theme of Kentucky basketball is "wait until March." And if we're "waiting until March," we need to be delivering in March. And while you paint it as unrealistic expectations, Cal set this.

We're the Gold standard for college basketball. We won't be in the top 25 next Monday. Is that the Gold Standard? And that's ok, because our success is measured in March. Enjoy the journey. We'll have 'em ready for the Tourney. Then...deliver in the tourney if that's your message.

Remember "we only hang banners for national championships?

Remember "I want to go 40-0?"

Remember "Our next goal is to chase UCLA's 11 titles?"

But the reality is: Wait until March. I'm fine not making the Final 4 if we can have consistently good regular seasons. But we're losing to Evansville. I can't accept losing to Evansville and well...wait 'til March.
This.

Reactions: STL_Cat

If Cal leaves, the media will once again paint us as a bunch of ungrateful hillbilly buffoons

We’ve no chance of winning a championship this year. That means 2022 is our next opportunity, a decade removed from our last one

We keep losing to Kansas

Sheesh.
Sober up and get a new team if you can’t handle it.

We keep losing to Kansas

Sheesh.
Boy and I thought my luv for mixed drinks and married women was bad. Have a Coke and a smile my guy we be okay.

You avoided my questions, why?
Are you 100% in agreement with everything that Cal does, or is there anything he does that you disagree with?
The mods gave you a timeout last year??? I never got one and I slapped you so many times, I bet you thought you were surrounded. I mean, it was a thing of beauty.
Also, tell me about these threats, I don’t recall ever threatening you. I think you're confusing me with someone else.

By the way, this is called baiting.

By the way, this is called baiting.
It’s not baiting. You’re the one making it look like baiting by not simply answering the questions. I answer your questions and everyone elses, it's what people do that have nothing to hide.

Are you afraid to answer what I'm asking? Why?

It’s not baiting. You’re the one making it look like baiting by not simply answering the questions. I answer your questions and everyone elses, it's what people do that have nothing to hide.

Are you afraid to answer what I'm asking? Why?

Why should I answer baiting questions that sound like they came from a recalcitrant child? It’s funny that you think you can demand answer. Are you short?

Why should I answer baiting questions that sound like they came from a recalcitrant child? It’s funny that you think you can demand answer. Are you short?
I'm not demanding answers 😂, I'm simply asking questions and wondering why you are refusing to answer. It’s not like I'm asking for your SSN or your mom's address, I'm just asking if you agree with everything Cal is doing.
Why are you acting like a child that is hiding the fact that he broke the window in question?Sheesh. If you don’t want to answer, than just say so, there's no need to make a production out if it.

Everyone wants to get paid, why is Villanova, Baylor, Gonzaga, Illinois, uNC, MSU etc… hanging on to their players for 3 and 4 years? Oh I know, because their coaches pump the program and not the NBA.
I can't believe you guys are okay with kids coming to UK just to go pro. They don’t care about UK. How invested are they in this university when they are so focused on the NBA?
This is supposed to be a college program, but it is far from it. Cal is making a mockery out of this place.

And just how can you support a coach at UK that is making a "mockery" out of this place?

I agree with you, and that's why I'/m off the Cal train. I couldn't imagine supporting a guy that's doing what you're claiming he's doing.

Reactions: kyjeff1

We keep losing to Kansas

Sheesh.
Interesting set of circumstances and predictions. There is only one undeniable fact- Cal remain the coach of UK for as long as he wants. That isn’t conjecture or opinion. So you better load up on bourbon and buy your dog some Depends.

My dog pissed in the house about two weeks ago, and I'm still not over it, so I definitely feel your pain OP
At least your dog didn’t piss in your Cheerios.........AMIRITE @morgousky ? 😂
I have a beagle that loves to go pee pee. She's wittle and luvs Snuggies too.
tenor.gif

Reactions: CELTICAT
always knew those ****ers were weird.

I've been trolling them with a knockoff for years. They think I'm a guy named Kevin.

I think they're generally homophobic too, because Kevin is a gay guy who absolutely adores Kansas and thinks you can "so rock" Jayhawks and look good doing it.

They do not like my takes but my positions are so positive toward Kansas, they have to do it.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I've been trolling them with a knockoff for years. They think I'm a guy named Kevin.

I think there generally homophobic too, because Kevin is a gay guy who absolutely adores Kansas and thinks you can "so rock" Jayhawks and look good doing it.

They do not like my takes but my positions are so positive toward Kansas, they have to do it.
Kansas has always confused me. They have a great looking arena plus logo, a decent size fanbase probably the smallest out of the 4 blue bloods but still a sizeable fanbase. But only 3 titles??? they hang their hat on being second all time in wins and it’s why they hate kentucky. Just a Sad program. They know having 3 titles is embarrassing, so they want the #1 wins title so bad to somewhat validate their program.

Kansas has always confused me. They have a great looking arena plus logo, a decent size fanbase probably the smallest out of the 4 blue bloods but still a sizeable fanbase. But only 3 titles??? they hang their hat on being second all time in wins and it’s why they hate kentucky. Just a Sad program. They know having 3 titles is embarrassing, so they want the #1 wins title so bad to somewhat validate their program.

Kansas has:

The best looking logo
Their retro's are the best looking uniforms.
They started basketball with rocks and sticks
They have the coolest Arena
They are the only show in town
They are in the exact middle of the US ( It matters because of logistics maybe)
They are the HOF
A fan base that's as close to BBN as any

And until, well, Calipari of course, allowed the biggest choke Job in the history of the sport, they were tied with Florida, San Francisco, and Cincinnati for championships.

That's why I say, they do not deserve to be called a blue blood.

Reactions: RunninRichie
What is “eating first”?

When I was working shift, we had a break and eating schedule to go by for the roll mill and extruder operators. You went 1st, 2nd or 3rd, and a relief operator came by to let you go break or eat. While it never mattered to me, some of those dudes were adamant about going 1st or 2nd and I've seen some pretty heated arguments over it. Maybe the OP is a guy who always wanted to eat 1st.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
9419d795bc24866a994b64f68bf31b61.jpg
Kansas has:

The best looking logo
Their retro's are the best looking uniforms.
They started basketball with rocks and sticks
They have the coolest Arena
They are the only show in town
They are in the exact middle of the US ( It matters because of logistics maybe)
They are the HOF
A fan base that's as close to BBN as any

And until, well, Calipari of course, allowed the biggest choke Job in the history of the sport, they were tied with Florida, San Francisco, and Cincinnati for championships.

That's why I say, they do not deserve to be called a blue blood.
agree, but UKs classic monogram is the best logo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT