ADVERTISEMENT

I'm glad i dont watch the NBA

I doubt he plays much. I don’t watch a lot of NBA so I could be wrong. Let’s see how many other people we can get in here that don’t watch the NBA.

I’m only joking. I bet you’re right though. It will dominate head lines and I will pay even less attention to espn and major sports news for a bit.

I doubt he plays much. I don’t watch a lot of NBA so I could be wrong. Let’s see how many other people we can get in here that don’t watch the NBA.

I’m only joking. I bet you’re right though. It will dominate head lines and I will pay even less attention to espn and major sports news for a bit.
Lebron will demand he plays minutes its pretty obvious with his puppet jj reddick as coach

I agree. Lebron isn’t my favorite, but I don’t get the outrage. It’s good marketing for the NBA.
It’s also nothing new. Do people really think nepotism isn’t MASSIVE in professional sports? A few years ago three of the four coaches in the NFL championship weekend were born into or married into very established coaching families. The owner of the Jaguars’ son runs things and absolutely sucks at it, but no one has a problem.

Giannis’ brother is only on the Bucks because of Giannis. The entire league is full of front office and executive staff that is family of former successful coaches, executives, and players.

Nepotism is as American as apple pie and baseball.

I do wonder how much longer Lebron will play. I’d say with JJ as the coach and with the drafting of Bronny that this will start to look like a farewell Lebron tour soon.

40 isn’t old but he has a ton of miles on him. Even with the best food and health care, he is only human. I can’t imagine him playing much longer.

I really hope he transitions into coaching. The league won’t be the same without him.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I honestly don’t get the lebron hype anymore. He’s really just a beast at his position. Doesn’t have a signature move and cries about everything( that’s pretty much ALL of the NBA ) I know…. But still.. Yes, he’s lebron but he damn sure ain’t Jordan..

Reactions: natchezrule
This was the plan all along. China Dall wanted it, the NBA wanted it, all the TV stations wanted it. Makes a good story for them.

Lebron has married just once, to his high school sweetheart. He donates tens of millions to charity, didn't turn his back on his neighborhood and brought his childhood friends along to run his companies, and has averaged 27 points per game over his career and that extends superhumanly into his 40's and he wants to play with basketball with his son. what a douche. Jeez.

Reactions: 1war and Zissou87
8va7de.jpg

ESPN claiming Bronny was hurt and had that heart attack that kept him back. He’s actually really good and a steal in the draft. Lakers estatic.

40 isn’t old but he has a ton of miles on him. Even with the best food and health care, he is only human. I can’t imagine him playing much longer.

I really hope he transitions into coaching. The league won’t be the same without him.
Honestly, I think he'd be a terrible coach. The biggest knock against his career, imo, is that he's demanded too much control of his teams' construction and strategy in ways that were detrimental to team success. He's a truly one of a kind talent and unquestionably one of the top few to ever play the game. But he needed to be humble enough to let a coach and GM be in charge of team construction and planning and strategy and let himself be put into better situations vs being in charge as much as he has been. Maybe the disaster of the Cavs' front office in his first stint in Cleveland shaped his mindset, but aside from orchestrating the Miami superteam LeGM has been pretty awful.

The Lakers were held hostage to draft him. He may make it as a fringe NBA player but as of right now I think it is more likely he is out of the league as soon as his dad is gone.

Honestly, I think he'd be a terrible coach. The biggest knock against his career, imo, is that he's demanded too much control of his teams' construction and strategy in ways that were detrimental to team success. He's a truly one of a kind talent and unquestionably one of the top few to ever play the game. But he needed to be humble enough to let a coach and GM be in charge of team construction and planning and strategy and let himself be put into better situations vs being in charge as much as he has been. Maybe the disaster of the Cavs' front office in his first stint in Cleveland shaped his mindset, but aside from orchestrating the Miami superteam LeGM has been pretty awful.
King James knows no humility. I was being a bit tongue in cheek about him being a coach, but I agree with your post.

I dont watch espn period.

I'm a Lakers fan since early 90s when Eddie Jones and van exel. I'll admit this is my one geographical team that makes little sense and can be called bandwagon and I respect that but I've stuck with them for 30 plus years since childhood.

I hate Lebron but appreciate him helping the Lakers win their 17th title in 2020.

The Lakers organization clearly doesn't care about winning more championships in the 2020s though as hiring JJ and drafting an unqualified player don't give fans faith in the future.

How would that affect you. It's a storyline never seen before
I do get notifications from ESPN because I like to keep up with Kentucky. The past couple of days have been nothing but Bronny. That's how it affects me. So take a hike.

People will be curious. That means a small percentage of extra fans to tune in to games and a lot more clicks/views online. Lakers will get the benefit of the extra interest in the short term and since they are such a huge brand, won’t be effected by making a stupid competitive decision after a few years pass. This isn’t a Johnny Football type situation where the brand is so poorly thought of to start with that it’ll perpetuate the “team that can’t make good decisions,” ethos.

40 is pro sports elderly and pushing sports ancient.

The vast majority of 40 year old athletes are retired which is essentially sport deceased.

Even golf has a senior circuit aka more or less a sports nursing home, the spry ones get out on their own and maybe even still drive.

Reactions: wardlow
I do get notifications from ESPN because I like to keep up with Kentucky. The past couple of days have been nothing but Bronny. That's how it affects me. So take a hike.

Lol you're mad because you let ESPN push notifications to your phone? That's your fault...

Gave up on NBA after the Magic, Bird, Jordan, Malone, Barkley....era was over. I have tried to watch about 10 games (non playoff) and about 3 playoff games since then. Just the most pathetic brand of basketball i have ever seen. Might as well be no rules for the offense players, carries, palms, 3 second rule, walks, double dribbles and such happen all the time.

LeBron and this group would not be on the floor against Magic and the guys when you had to play offense and defense and rules mattered.

What’s the 2025 NBA draft night looking like?

Big fat goose egg for UK? Might be.
Did not realize UK was an NBA team. Once the guys are gone they are then another fan base at that time. I appreciate them here but do not follow the career after UK. So we have a bunch of guys in the NBA right now. How many NCAA Championships did all those UK NBA guys bring in? 1. Does not matter. Heck we have people even counting guys that did not play for us (Sharpe) as a UK guy. Just plain dumb to worry about UK guys in the NBA. All those guys and we lost the all time wins, to get it back on the Kansas penalty. Too dang funny.

The Bronny hate is weird to me and it's been a talking point on Rafters since he was looking at colleges. Despite what some here believe, this is a neat story that will grab some headlines. If I said to a family member who doesn't follow sports that LeBron will be playing with his son at times over the following couple years, they'd likely say that's pretty cool. It'd be seen as a positive, not this "I can't believe they'd wanna play together and who would allow such a thing to happen grumble grumble..." thing.

The folks bothered by this weren't going to stay up until 1am to watch the Lakers, or really any other NBA team anyway. If you're a Lakers fan, maybe you've got a quibble about this, but LeBron and Davis just got you a title in 2020. Now it's Boston's turn. Also, LMAO at the guy mad at the James family because he allowed ESPN push notifications on his phone and now he's getting notifications to stories he doesn't care about. You can customize notifications on any app, guy. It's 2024 - the future is now.

Reactions: Doodah859
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT