ADVERTISEMENT

If we lose to Auburn

seccats04

All-American
Dec 6, 2004
Hopefully we take care of business and beat the cheating Bruce Pearl's but if they happen to beat us they will have beaten Kansas, UNCheat and UK in a row in the tourney. Has any team ever beaten the top 3 bluebloods in one tourney?

Okeke was their 3rd leading scorer, so they still have their 2 money guys and can stay hot and compete.

However, okeke was the most versatile of the 3 and made them a little tougher to defend if all 3 are on. Without him, they are like Wofford or Florida.

We play well against teams that we can focus on shutting down one thing. It’s the balanced teams that get us sometimes.

Take care of the ball + Rebound = win.

Last edited:
Auburn is the hottest team in college basketball right now. If they are shooting threes like they did in the second half and like they did against North Carolina they can beat anybody including Kentucky and Duke.
Losing Okeke may slow them down, but it may also motivate them. Beating a team three times in a year is tough. Kentucky will have its hands full. To think otherwise is to be whistling through the graveyard.

Kansas lost a ton, so I think everyone knew that win was coming. History will only see the names of the schools though.

Okeke was their 3rd leading scorer, so they still have their 2 money guys and can stay hot and compete.

However, okeke was the most versatile of the 3 and made them a little tougher to defend if all 3 are on. Without him, they are like Wofford or Florida.

We play well against teams that we can focus on shutting down one thing. It’s the balanced teams that get us sometimes.

Take care of the ball + Rebound = win.

Good post. I mean the closest player in comparison is PJ. Okeke was the guy they could give the ball to under the free throw line and get you a bucket. Huge defense of presence. He was a huge part of that run against unc. He would have came close to canceling out PJ and now they will have to rely on a bench player to fill that spot.

We HAVE to stop the drive. They were blowing right past unc players and it was leading to open looks. I look for EJ and Richards to have a big defensive night off the bench rotating on defense for off side blocks.

While I’m not happy Okeke went down, it does favor Kentucky. I would not be confident at all if the roles were reversed and PJ was out.

Hopefully we take care of business and beat the cheating Bruce Pearl's but if they happen to beat us they will have beaten Kansas, UNCheat and UK in a row in the tourney. Has any team ever beaten the top 3 bluebloods in one tourney?
Arizona 1997 beat three #1 seeds

Reactions: seccats04
Auburn is the hottest team in college basketball right now. If they are shooting threes like they did in the second half and like they did against North Carolina they can beat anybody including Kentucky and Duke.
Losing Okeke may slow them down, but it may also motivate them. Beating a team three times in a year is tough. Kentucky will have its hands full. To think otherwise is to be whistling through the graveyard.

Have actually read where the team that has beaten another twice in the same season wins the 3rd matchup the vast majority of the time. Another poster referenced he heard a stat like 72%.

So, it's actually more difficult to beat a team who has beaten you twice already.

Okeke will motivate them, but motivation doesn't equate to more height, physicality, and rebounding.

Have actually read where the team that has beaten another twice in the same season wins the 3rd matchup the vast majority of the time. Another poster referenced he heard a stat like 72%.

So, it's actually more difficult to beat a team who has beaten you twice already.

Okeke will motivate them, but motivation doesn't equate to more height, physicality, and rebounding.
I didn't know that stat. The thing i remember is that in 1986, Kentucky had beaten LSU and Dale Brown three times and lost to them the fourth time in the NCAA tournament.

Psshh we got a date with Virginia and then the duke Gonzaga winner book it

Not worried much about tomorrow UK defends a lot better than unc

They will not be hitting all those 3s against our defense. My biggest worry is turn overs. We take care of the ball we win,

I think Auburn is going to have their hands full Sunday afternoon with the Wildcats.
I think it will be a tough game all the way around, beating a team of Auburn's caliber three times isn't going to be easy, but on the on the other hand, losing their best inside presence will allow us to focus more on shutting down the perimeter. We should win the paint and the boards easily but you never know what is going to happen this time of year. Is PJ up to playing again? What is the emotional state of the Auburn players, did the loss of their teammate hurt or motivate them? So many questions, emotions...etc. March Madness!

At least after the first close win we had a game plan that allowed us an easy win the second time. Just think if we had played them in the SEC tourney and beaten them a third time, I would really been scared about tomorrow.

Reactions: Johnfarrel
Please no, I live in Alabama and my AU friends will be texting me with pictures of Toomers Corner being rolled and talking BS until next year. Funny Bama and AU fans say they do not care about basketball until they have a good team then they never shut up.

What if they beat us, UVA, then Duke on top of it? Best tourney run ever?

I gotta keep myself from getting too excited if we get a big lead, cause I know we're gonna give it up in a hurry, it's happened all year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT