ADVERTISEMENT

Confidence level

Jan 11, 2016
What is everyone’s confidence level going into the remaining games and the two upcoming tournaments? I’m not gonna lie, I’m about a 8.5 right now on the confidence level. if we go to Tennessee and win that game, my confidence level may end up going up to a 9.5 to a 10. I haven’t let myself be this confident in a UK team since the Fox/Monk team. I really thought that team was going to win it all. The way they were playing at the end of the year gave me a ton of confidence in that team. (they should have won but that’s a conversation for another day). I was distraught for a couple of days after North Carolina beat that team. I told myself after season I was never going to let myself get too excited and get my hopes to high about a team. Coming off the 2015 debacle I should’ve known but I let myself do it anyway. Well, this team has me in that position again. If this team wins it all, I would not be surprised. I’m at the point now with this team that they lose it’s gonna hurt. Where is everyone else with this team?

I’m about a 7. We have all the parts in the roster to be feeling good going into the tournament despite what happens Saturday. Lacking in coaching I’m afraid will be our downfall which is why my confidence level isn’t higher. Not a cal bash, just the honest truth as when adjustments need made to overcome an obstacle in a game cal is like a deer in headlights. Our talented team will be playing with a deficit in that regard the entire tournament, playing with one hand tied behind their back if you will.

Reactions: Cats192 and KFuqua
This is one team I have no clue what to expect come tournament time. The talent is obviously there, but we’ve seen them throw in some head scratching games. Basically, nothing would really surprise me. We could run into a fundamentally sound mid major first round and struggle, or get hot and be playing in the title game.

What is everyone’s confidence level going into the remaining games and the two upcoming tournaments? I’m not gonna lie, I’m about a 8.5 right now on the confidence level. if we go to Tennessee and win that game, my confidence level may end up going up to a 9.5 to a 10. I haven’t let myself be this confident in a UK team since the Fox/Monk team. I really thought that team was going to win it all. The way they were playing at the end of the year gave me a ton of confidence in that team. (they should have won but that’s a conversation for another day). I was distraught for a couple of days after North Carolina beat that team. I told myself after season I was never going to let myself get too excited and get my hopes to high about a team. Coming off the 2015 debacle I should’ve known but I let myself do it anyway. Well, this team has me in that position again. If this team wins it all, I would not be surprised. I’m at the point now with this team that they lose it’s gonna hurt. Where is everyone else with this team?
My confidence level is a 10, in large part due to our scoring average of 106 points in the last 3 games. Our defense, as putrid as it is, can guard in stretches as witnessed in the Arkansas game. As fas as Tennessee, I feel we have a better chance of winning that game than most people give us a chance. They went into Alabama against a struggling Crimson Tide team and won but they didn’t do it in convincing fashion. Alabama led numerous times throughout the game. It was still in doubt up to the last couple of minutes. Alabama committed a few self inflicted mistakes also.

My confidence level is a 10, in large part due to our scoring average of 106 points in the last 3 games. Our defense, as putrid as it is, can guard in stretches as witnessed in the Arkansas game. As fas as Tennessee, I feel we have a better chance of winning that game than most people give us a chance. They went into Alabama against a struggling Crimson Tide team and won but they didn’t do it in convincing fashion. Alabama led numerous times throughout the game. It was still in doubt up to the last couple of minutes. Alabama committed a few self inflicted mistakes also.
I feel good about that game, for some reason. So long as UT doesn't stub their toe tonight, I think we'll win Saturday. If SC happens to win tonight, it makes the upset more difficult. Hope Tennessee wins tonight and goes into saturday feeling really good about themselves

I just don't have the confidence that we can beat Tenn. on their floor. Sure hope i am wrong on that.

I've learned my lesson with this team. My confidence level was high several times this season, only to have it torn down in humiliating fashion. So, I'm trying to stay at a firm 5.

I am about a 4. Love this team. Love the scoring ability. Love the players and their selflessness attitude all year but I’ve gotten my hopes up about 3 times this year only to come crashing down. I’m cautiously optimistic but refuse to get my hopes too high. The crash sucks too bad if/when it happens.

Win and go far or loose first round of the two turns. Neither would surprise me at this stage.

I know that this is going to upset some of the posters on here, but my confidence level just isn't very high... maybe a 5. With Calipari as the coach, I feel that this team can lose at any time to anyone. I hope they play well and really go on a run, but I'm not counting on it.
This.

Reactions: KFuqua
Can't go higher than a 7 with Cal's bench coaching and the difficulty we've had against really physical teams.

My confidence level on the offensive side of the ball is a 10/10 but my confidence level on the defensive side of the ball is a 6/10 which is higher than it was a month ago. I guess overall that would be 8/10.

I’m about a 7. We have all the parts in the roster to be feeling good going into the tournament despite what happens Saturday. Lacking in coaching I’m afraid will be our downfall which is why my confidence level isn’t higher. Not a cal bash, just the honest truth as when adjustments need made to overcome an obstacle in a game cal is like a deer in headlights. Our talented team will be playing with a deficit in that regard the entire tournament, playing with one hand tied behind their back if you will.
I’m with you. At a 7. If we beat UT and win a couple in the SECT, it’s gonna be an 8.5 or 9.

My confidence level is decent that we'll get to the Sweet 16. It's shaky that we'll get to the Elite 8 and it's Zilch that we'll get to the Final Four.

Confidence is at 11. This team will win the rest of their games by double digits. This year's version of last year's UConn.

09bac244-927a-49bb-b4c2-c4b107346bb0_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT