ADVERTISEMENT

Twilight Zone

Does anyone else feel like we are living in the twilight zone since the loss and confirmation that Cal is gonna be back next year?

Fans blaming a radio show for the team sucking, bragging about players in the McDonalds AA game, Fans still being Cal apologists even after the loss, discussing which portal targets we should get, as if that matters.

Is our fan base truly this delusional?
Delusional? No. I mean, it all sucks but are we to allow Kentucky basketball to stop being a passion? Throw in the towel? Impossible. What is wrong with discussing next year? Next season is going to come whether some want it to or not and the vast majority of fans will support the team and the kids efforts regardless of who the coach is.

Scared Season 5 GIF by Paramount+

Does anyone else feel like we are living in the twilight zone since the loss and confirmation that Cal is gonna be back next year?

Fans blaming a radio show for the team sucking, bragging about players in the McDonalds AA game, Fans still being Cal apologists even after the loss, discussing which portal targets we should get, as if that matters.

With all due respect, I read your post and immediately two things came to mind: (1) Is he/she really advocating for everyone to choose between either not posting about anything basketball related or only posting “Calipari sucks, and UK basketball is over?”; and (2) Eeyore from Winnie-the-Pooh.

Most everybody posting on this site has indicated they wished UK had a new coach and new direction. But we don’t control that. Shutting this board down won’t change that either. Nor will responding to every attempt to discuss basketball with “it doesn’t matter… Cal is still the coach.” Talk about the Twilight Zone, do you realize how mind-numbing that is to read over and over? We get it already. Hell, we agree with you. Almost total capitulation to you. What else do you want? I guess you’ve already answered that question: You want all the people here to stop posting about potential additions to the roster or anything related to the basketball program because “it doesn’t matter?”

Come on, man. Pull yourself up by the bootstraps and join in something hopefully close to intelligent basketball discussion. That’s what this forum is for – basketball discussion. Start a post about the virtues of zone defense, how if UK would only full-court press they couldn’t lose, etc. It doesn’t have to be about Calipari 24/7.

With all due respect, I read your post and immediately two things came to mind: (1) Is he/she really advocating for everyone to choose between either not posting about anything basketball related or only posting “Calipari sucks, and UK basketball is over?”; and (2) Eeyore from Winnie-the-Pooh.

Most everybody posting on this site has indicated they wished UK had a new coach and new direction. But we don’t control that. Shutting this board down won’t change that either. Nor will responding to every attempt to discuss basketball with “it doesn’t matter… Cal is still the coach.” Talk about the Twilight Zone, do you realize how mind-numbing that is to read over and over? We get it already. Hell, we agree with you. Almost total capitulation to you. What else do you want? I guess you’ve already answered that question: You want all the people here to stop posting about potential additions to the roster or anything related to the basketball program because “it doesn’t matter?”

Come on, man. Pull yourself up by the bootstraps and join in something hopefully close to intelligent basketball discussion. That’s what this forum is for – basketball discussion. Start a post about the virtues of zone defense, how if UK would only full-court press they couldn’t lose, etc. It doesn’t have to be about Calipari 24/7.
You aren’t wrong. I think it’s just tough because I’m 32 and it’s never been this bad in my life. Even with the end of the Tubby and Billy G years it wasn’t this bad, and we had quick coaching changes. This is the first off season I’ve legitimately went into with no hope whatsoever. This might be the off-season that finally pushes me to care a little less about the basketball program and invest my time more wisely.

Reactions: KFuqua and G-PIP
Damn! What a crazy time that was! Hard to believe it’s actually been a little over 4 years ago! In one way, it seems like a lifetime ago. In another, it seems just like yesterday.

Exactly how I feel. It has been really weird as my kids have grown up. Feels like time accelerated.

We, as the older fans are being overwhelmed by the younger fans which have sadly, accepted mediocrity because that's all we've had the past 4- 5 years. Most of them weren't around in the Pitino hayday which was the Gold Standard IMO. We're becoming dinosaurs along with the Gold Standard I'm afraid

Reactions: KFuqua

Fans blaming a radio show for the team sucking, bragging about players in the McDonalds AA
Cal Derangement Syndrome

You aren’t wrong. I think it’s just tough because I’m 32 and it’s never been this bad in my life. Even with the end of the Tubby and Billy G years it wasn’t this bad, and we had quick coaching changes. This is the first off season I’ve legitimately went into with no hope whatsoever. This might be the off-season that finally pushes me to care a little less about the basketball program and invest my time more wisely.
Hey, I'm with you. Because of the freshmen dominated teams that I knew wouldn't change, I gave up on UK winning a title many years ago. But we're basketball fans. Can't let anybody, including who's presently coaching our team, take that away. If we can't win a title, at least the most knowledgeable fan base in CBB can theorize and discuss why (I know, "Calipari" - but that's not the only reason in my opinion) and points of the game.

Reactions: liveblue92
I don't think it's crazy to believe that there are manipulated people (family, friends or paid) posting on behalf of Cal here constantly.

I know that sort of thing WOULD seem crazy under more normal circumstances. But at this point, no one in their right mind could possibly believe Calipari is the solution. So anyone battling (especially if doing so feverishly? wtf?) must have secret motives.
It really isn’t that crazy considering the way ppl with large egos behave combined with his family openly posting protective/delusional, pro-university of Calipari /anti ppl of Kentucky, drivel on social media in the past.

Think about it…if Kevin Durant can have burner accounts to defend himself in the midst of his peak, mvp seasons, NBA titles…. Then it’s likely more common than you’d like to believe w ppl in the public eye

Reactions: CapnBlubs
My problem is not with Anti Cal posters. It's with jackass posters. Not all anti cal people are jackasses. But 99% of jackasses are anti cal. And they won't shut up. Start a thread about Final 4, Caitlin Clark, our baseball team, whatever. The jackasses have to come in and start moaning about Cal.
There are a lot of jackasses defending Cal.

Reactions: KFuqua
It really isn’t that crazy considering the way ppl with large egos behave combined with his family openly posting protective/delusional, pro-university of Calipari /anti ppl of Kentucky, drivel on social media in the past.

Think about it…if Kevin Durant can have burner accounts to defend himself in the midst of his peak, mvp seasons, NBA titles…. Then it’s likely more common than you’d like to believe w ppl in the public eye
Cal doesn't listen to the noise :rolleyes:

There are a lot of jackasses defending Cal.
Yeah? I'm on here frequently and don't see them. I think that the perception that there is a large group of Cal defenders is greatly exaggerated by the extreme Cal haters.

Last edited:
Yeah? I'm on here frequently and don't see them. I think that the perception that there is a large group of Cal defenders is greatly exaggerated by the extreme Cal haters.
I don’t think there is a large group of defenders, but there are ones who attack the posters ready for a change. That’s a jackass. Although the likelihood we see any kind of a different result than we have been is so low it’s hard to protect that stand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT