ADVERTISEMENT

If we have a very subpar season next year, will Cal be ousted?

Say we go 18-12 or 17-13, would Cal be forced out? Would that finally drive what little of the fan base is still behind him away?
That being said, of course, I want us to do very well. But I’m worried with our incoming group.
No. We need to give him one more year, and see if he makes any changes or if recruiting picks up.

It could happen, you know.

You boys still drinking the Cal-aid. It is not as sweet as it once was is it? Keep on drinking while the college basketball world looks at the joke Cal had made of the program.

You have no clue what next years team will look like.
Bingo!!!

You finally get it. This is what drives most UK fans crazy and it is certainly no way to maintain a successful program.

Cal doesn't even know what next year's team will look like and that should be totally unacceptable to Mitch and every UK basketball fan.

• Love
Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost
Bingo!!!

You finally get it. This is what drives most UK fans crazy and it is certainly no way to maintain a successful program.

Cal doesn't even know what next year's team will look like and that should be totally unacceptable to Mitch and every UK basketball fan.
Arkansas and Duke knows—-Cal is waiting on some mid major transfers

• Haha
Reactions: cathouse
Say we go 18-12 or 17-13, would Cal be forced out? Would that finally drive what little of the fan base is still behind him away?
That being said, of course, I want us to do very well. But I’m worried with our incoming group.
Lord have mercy, man. First off, so many threads... Second off.

Even in 2013 we went 21-12. 17-13 ain't gonna happen. If it does... Yes, Cal is toast.

If Calipari doesn't lead the team to a deep run next year, I think he'll leave on his own. Three straight years of disappointment would be enough to send him packing. It was the same for Tubby between 2006-2008. You can't have three straight dud seasons at Kentucky. The fans won't tolerate it.
Some fans will

Was this year subpar before the tournament?

Lord have mercy, man. First off, so many threads... Second off.

Even in 2013 we went 21-12. 17-13 ain't gonna happen. If it does... Yes, Cal is toast.
We never thought 9-16 would haappen either. 37-23 in the last two years. 1-2 in the post season. 0.616 win percentage. Not bad, but not great. And at UK, well, you know.

Was this year subpar before the tournament?
Up until about mid February no. But by Cal’s own words, only March matters.

We don’t celebrate regular seasons at Uk, unless they are regular season titles. And to be honest? Minus one or two one offs? That should be ours every year without fail.

We have 28 wins that basically amounted to nothing this year. The only thing worthy of celebration is Oscar. That’s it. CL was doing a great job until February and then something happened.

The buyout is a huge obstacle, buy if we start the season very poorly and fans stop going to games (which many would with a bad start) then how long could UK let that go on?

No. We need to give him one more year, and see if he makes any changes or if recruiting picks up.

It could happen, you know.
So you’re basically giving Cal this upcoming season and one more beyond that?

Nah. Cal has to do it this year or he’s done. And truly the only reason he’s not done this year is because we all thought we’d have a decent run. Well, I guarantee the feelers are out for finding money to buy Cal out of this year is more of the same.

Nah. Cal has to do it this year or he’s done. And truly the only reason he’s not done this year is because we all thought we’d have a decent run. Well, I guarantee the feelers are out for finding money to buy Cal out of this year is more of the same.
I love the people that guarantee others are finding money to get rid of cal. Put your million up if you want him gone so bad.

Sarcasm bro. Sarcasm.

I think the correct term would be bought out, with his contract they can't oust him.

Don't believe anyone has pondered that question

Unless UK can come up with $45 million for his buyout, he won’t be leaving even if we don’t win one game. The only way he leaves is if he doesn’t get us back to the Final 4 and the heat on him is so bad, his ego makes him quit on his own.

If Calipari doesn't lead the team to a deep run next year, I think he'll leave on his own. Three straight years of disappointment would be enough to send him packing. It was the same for Tubby between 2006-2008. You can't have three straight dud seasons at Kentucky. The fans won't tolerate it.
Tubby didn't coach in 2008, he only had two dud seasons 2006 and 2007, both got to the 2nd round of NCAA Tournament BTW.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Of course not. Mitch is afraid of Cal. Won’t put measurables on performance.
Somewhat agree. However, Barnhart also is realizing if he is not careful, he could be the face of the man who allowed the Kentucky basketball program to slip into mediocrity. I certainly doubt he wants that title as his legacy.

Nope.
There are 52 millions reasons he will not before forced out.

They all have a picture of George Washington on them.

Last edited:
CCC's end will come on 'his own terms'. Meaning, behind closed doors and on beahlf of Cal, Mitch will put out feelers to other schools seeing if there's any good option for Cal. They'll spin it as 'Cal loved his time at UK, but really wanted to take this fantastic opportunity'. He'll get a partial buy out and everyone saves face and a new beginning.

And there was zero chance of us losing to St Peters or St Peters beating Purdue to E8.
You must have been hiding in your basement. Noone said there was zero chance of Kentucky losing to St. Peters. Of course you are good of making up crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT