ADVERTISEMENT

If we have a very subpar season next year, will Cal be ousted?

If Calipari doesn't lead the team to a deep run next year, I think he'll leave on his own. Three straight years of disappointment would be enough to send him packing. It was the same for Tubby between 2006-2008. You can't have three straight dud seasons at Kentucky. The fans won't tolerate it.

He will leave when he is laughed out of every home game and losses to teams that cause fires to engulf the fan base. He's not a dumbass he knows we are getting tired of the all talk and no results. It's put up or shutup time for Coach Cal. Not fur sure he can put up lately definitely a trend setting in. Hope he can find it cause we won't let him forget what is expected at UK.

I don't know.

What I do know, though, is the fact that his remaining ballwashers on this board will be loyal to him until the very last day, posting their idiotic takes and convincing UK fans they should be happy with the garbage product on the court and the dumpster fire state of the program

Say we go 18-12 or 17-13, would Cal be forced out? Would that finally drive what little of the fan base is still behind him away?
That being said, of course, I want us to do very well. But I’m worried with our incoming group.
You have no clue what next years team will look like.

Reactions: -BBH- and JFCats22
Say we go 18-12 or 17-13, would Cal be forced out? Would that finally drive what little of the fan base is still behind him away?
That being said, of course, I want us to do very well. But I’m worried with our incoming group.
Not happening

Nope. The buy out will still be 46 million. He’s here for better or worse for the next 5 years.

might be a clause that if he loses x amount of games that he can be fired but I doubt it

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah I think he would leave, things are already at a boiling point for everyone online and no telling in real life but I’d say another early exit or gasp(missing the tournament) and I don’t see how he could stay. Maybe Barnhart really does let him control everything and he stays but who knows.

Nope. The buy out will still be 46 million. He’s here for better or worse for the next 5 years.

might be a clause that if he loses x amount of games that he can be fired but I doubt it
That would be the expectation but another sub par year and the ridiculous post of everyone putting up $20 could happen but for it to really happen it would be spread among real boosters with big money if needed.

Anything less than an E8 and he should be sent packing. You come here to win championships….his words and if he can’t get us back to an elite level and in the hunt, he needs to live and die by his own words.
We should play all his big blue madness speeches on replay every time he comes out for questions. GOLD STANDARD!!

Of course not. Mitch is afraid of Cal. Won’t put measurables on performance.

I think we should win alot of games next year. The sec will be weak again. Cal will pad the non conference schedule. The issue is the tournament. Barney according to some laid it down that’s it’s about championships. If cal can’t win the sec or the secT and make a deep run he’s toast. I’m still not convinced he survives when sharpe and Oscar leave and when he can’t find a big man. Cal has to work a miracle to win the fans back that’s what he thrives from the fans stroking his ego. He’s a politician more than a coach. He disappears and hopes sentiment changes.

I believe you’ll hear boos during his introduction this year if it starts off rocky…and it always does even with the cupcake schedule. The fanbase has grown tired of him
We lose to a friggin cupcake early and cal won’t know what hit him until February. He’s no good under pressure and that’s what he’s about to face like he’s never seen

I think we should win alot of games next year. The sec will be weak again. Cal will pad the non conference schedule. The issue is the tournament. Barney according to some laid it down that’s it’s about championships. If cal can’t win the sec or the secT and make a deep run he’s toast. I’m still not convinced he survives when sharpe and Oscar leave and when he can’t find a big man. Cal has to work a miracle to win the fans back that’s what he thrives from the fans stroking his ego. He’s a politician more than a coach. He disappears and hopes sentiment changes.
He ain’t surviving this. He just isn’t.

If Calipari doesn't lead the team to a deep run next year, I think he'll leave on his own. Three straight years of disappointment would be enough to send him packing. It was the same for Tubby between 2006-2008. You can't have three straight dud seasons at Kentucky. The fans won't tolerate it.
Have you noticed that the same idiot puts laughing reactions on every reasonable comment?

I believe you’ll hear boos during his introduction this year if it starts off rocky…and it always does even with the cupcake schedule. The fanbase has grown tired of him
I hope they don’t boo him with the team out there. That’s not the kids fault. But when he gives his little post game talk? Boo the hell out of him.

It's a legitimate conversation at that point. But they won 26 games this year and were a top 10 team all year. They did have an absurd end to the season

Reactions: bbncal02
I could see it if we have a losing season or miss the tournament again.

But for a mediocre season and a 9 seed, not a chance.

Don’t forget the Wagner decision is gonna be huge, if he gets him everybody will give him another year even if he loses Sharpe and Oscar, obviously if he loses him to UL it maybe over for Cal.

I think you are probably correct in this.

The frustrating part is calling this season a dud, but when you lose in 1st round it is hard to call it anything else...

When Rupp Arena, yeah that’s right Brooks, is only at about 1/2 capacity, then you’ll see a change. Guaranteed!!!!
Guess you know what to do to make it happen.
Been saying this from the start. People just aren't there yet.

I looked back over some of the old threads I posted in when I showed up here one year ago. Same people, saying the same things, that are being said right now. Nothing has changed.

So no, I don't believe Cal will be fired until he receives the Joker treatment from fans.

Have ask Brian Boitano or David Banister or Elon Musk or someone else that would laugh their ass off. My prediction is for $46,000,000, he’s have to screw up a LOT worse than this year.

No!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT