ADVERTISEMENT

If tucker is right barney and cal should hit the bricks tonight

That would require cal actually workin his arse off. Thats not happening with the current version of cal
Been a fan all of my life but the way he has acted during the last few seasons, now not doing anything if the off season the way college ball has changed, is he so unhappy that he's doing this on purpose?

Impossible to cap.
Sure you can. We need to get back to the essence of intercollegiate sports. Those who agree to participate according to rules (NIL limit caps) that insure sanity and the survival of the game can play. Those who don't can take their best shot at trying to find a path to the pro game and those avenues will be there. Right now, it's a chaotic mess and private funding to pay players cannot be sustained without limits. The idea of NIL was a way to provide some monies into the hands of collegiate players.

Welcome to NIL. Nothing to do with KY. They can not pay NIL They can not offer pay to play. They can not offer assurances. Facts of life.

Guess who IS RESPONSIBLE for NIL. Find your mirrors for the answer.

Ol Morg said Calipari would destroy the program before he left. Or, in his words "burn it down". I guess it depends on your definition of that phrase but, to me it looks like Morg laid it out pretty accurately.

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Sure you can. We need to get back to the essence of intercollegiate sports. Those who agree to participate according to rules (NIL limit caps) that insure sanity and the survival of the game can play. Those who don't can take their best shot at trying to find a path to the pro game and those avenues will be there. Right now, it's a chaotic mess and private funding to pay players cannot be sustained without limits. The idea of NIL was a way to provide some monies into the hands of collegiate players.
Without being clear, SCOTUS was quite clear on this. Individuals own their own NIL and can do with it as they wish. The only caveats that currently exist, like competing contracts with the school or unsavory business types, are on thin enough ice. I was never a proponent of NIL. It has wreaked havoc just as I said many times.

As soon as the NCAA, a conference or school tried to cap NIL, they would be sued in federal court and they would lose. No other student is capped in any way in using their NIL. The fact that few have any one buying isn't relevant.

As you see, no one seriously talks about trying to cap NIL. It would be the very definition of "arbitrary and capricious".

Ol Morg said Calipari would destroy the program before he left. Or, in his words "burn it down". I guess it depends on your definition of that phrase but, to me it looks like Morg laid it out pretty accurately.
We have a winner Johnny! Morg knew exactly what he was talking about we are watching it play out before our very own eyes!

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Without being clear, SCOTUS was quite clear on this. Individuals own their own NIL and can do with it as they wish. The only caveats that currently exist, like competing contracts with the school or unsavory business types, are on thin enough ice. I was never a proponent of NIL. It has wreaked havoc just as I said many times.

As soon as the NCAA, a conference or school tried to cap NIL, they would be sued in federal court and they would lose. No other student is capped in any way in using their NIL. The fact that few have any one buying isn't relevant.

As you see, no one seriously talks about trying to cap NIL. It would be the very definition of "arbitrary and capricious".
It's either that or destroy collegiate sport. It isn't equitable for schools in smaller markets, like UK, that can't compete against the large market schools to raise money. I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg for the malaise that's coming.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
It's either that or destroy collegiate sport. It isn't equitable for schools in smaller markets, like UK, that can't compete against the large market schools to raise money. I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg for the malaise that's coming.
I know but the courts simply aren't going to strip players of their fundamental right to profit from their own NIL. I've always known the outcome.

I think people are panicking too much over NIL. Florida Atlantic, San Diego State, Creighton, Xavier and other schools that don’t have as much resources as UK had more success than we did in the tournament this past season.

Interesting. My friend told me Oscar informed Staff prior to the season he was gone and his personal intentions never changed. I've repeatedly shared I'd be stunned to see him return and then again I've had it hinted to me that Tshiebwe is closer to being 28 yrs old this upcoming November then the 24 his LLWS birth certificate lists him. So it makes sense. NBA teams have told him to stay in the Draft and start his Pro career due to age as well.

If Oscar returns to Kentucky, would be biggest surprise for me personally based on what I was told prior to season and stayed consistent throughout.
I Also read in one of the threads when Hunter Dickinson was in play that Oscar told them to recruit like he was gone....maybe where that 8 Million number came from, his camp may have said we will come back for that number..just a thought.

Are Mitch and Cal the right guys for this era of college ball? Doesn't seem so, which is mind boggling for Cal to NOT be able to clean up in this type of system.

.. but this sounds like Oscar's camp started making demands.. big ones. Maybe the money wasn't there? Maybe the staff didn't like Oscars positioning in this? Maybe there was a real shot to land Dickinson? Maybe he was cheaper? It's hard for me to say that if the above is true, that this was to the fault of Mitch/Cal.
I remember that you were similarly merciful in the Sharpe fiasco. Didn't you settle on the open-ended question of "was it the mysterious handler" in that one, too?

Regardless of who is chiefly responsible for these debacles, the man in charge is Calipari, and all we keep seeing as far as product goes is massive ineptitude. He's responsible in the end for how these things go.

Ok.. well, I agree with that.

But that's not "Cal is jealous of Oscar" and it's also not necessarily Cal's fault. We heard similar rumors that Oscar also didn't get along with the team.

Could it be that Cal AND Oscar are problematic in their own way?
Is it Cal's fault that we didn't get a replacement for Oscar?

Is it Cal's fault that we didn't get a replacement for Oscar?

That's what you choose to respond to, instead of someone trying to pass off information that Cal was "jealous of Oscar"?

When it comes to Sharpe I just wasnt going to go with made up shit lol. If we want to say that Cal has to go because he was the guy in charge during this time, that's fine. Someone has to take the fall. But no, I'm not going to let people pass off absurd opinions as facts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT