ADVERTISEMENT

If tucker is right barney and cal should hit the bricks tonight

What a shitty offseason .
What really concerns me is my friend never wavered on this. I've had well informed people tell me "Oscar is returning......" and I'd ask and he'd say "Nope-he's gone". I know he speaks with staff members, so they had to have an idea this was probable. Which makes me think this was strictly a PR move-make sure he stays in Draft--didn't enter Portal and go to a different program and they waited it out.

Saw they were listed with Arthur Kaluma-which would be a fantastic get, but you better be on things ASAP.

Know most will hate that I think this way but I'd list order of importance comparative to the 3 guys today as Reeves, Oscar and then Livingston. Kaluma would be an upgrade on Livingston. Reeves shooting is needed. Keep him, get Kaluma-that's a nice duo to bring onto the roster.

I'd also expect Isaiah Miranda to get contacted by Kentucky within the next half hour.

Why on earth at this point would anyone believe a word Tucker says.

I find this very questionable. If Oscar was this intent on NIL the portal would have been the best answer, not going overseas to play basketball.

None of the kids who left Kentucky made a good decision though, except Wallace. All should have left to the highest bidder or come back.

It’s just wild times in general.

Interesting. My friend told me Oscar informed Staff prior to the season he was gone and his personal intentions never changed. I've repeatedly shared I'd be stunned to see him return and then again I've had it hinted to me that Tshiebwe is closer to being 28 yrs old this upcoming November then the 24 his LLWS birth certificate lists him. So it makes sense. NBA teams have told him to stay in the Draft and start his Pro career due to age as well.

If Oscar returns to Kentucky, would be biggest surprise for me personally based on what I was told prior to season and stayed consistent throughout.
Yeah he’s probably much older. The hs soccer team I coach for 20 years we had guys from all over the world. I had a guy who was assigned an age so they could get him in hs. Turned out he was 26. Fortunately he sucked and I cut him but that would have caused us to forfeit the season. He was a great player but he played like he was on the streets. He was Rohingyan from Burma. He looked

What really concerns me is my friend never wavered on this. I've had well informed people tell me "Oscar is returning......" and I'd ask and he'd say "Nope-he's gone". I know he speaks with staff members, so they had to have an idea this was probable. Which makes me think this was strictly a PR move-make sure he stays in Draft--didn't enter Portal and go to a different program and they waited it out.

Saw they were listed with Arthur Kaluma-which would be a fantastic get, but you better be on things ASAP.

Know most will hate that I think this way but I'd list order of importance comparative to the 3 guys today as Reeves, Oscar and then Livingston. Kaluma would be an upgrade on Livingston. Reeves shooting is needed. Keep him, get Kaluma-that's a nice duo to bring onto the roster.

I'd also expect Isaiah Miranda to get contacted by Kentucky within the next half hour.
🤮 at Miranda. I’d rather get a 26 year old stiff dude to dish had fouls than another stick figure pogo stick

From the time the season started I always figured this was it for Oscar . There was nothing he could do to improve his stock . At his age he is what he is . I think they people who thought he would return only thought it cause of the NIL thing .

Yeah he’s probably much older. The hs soccer team I coach for 20 years we had guys from all over the world. I had a guy who was assigned an age so they could get him in hs. Turned out he was 26. Fortunately he sucked and I cut him but that would have caused us to forfeit the season. He was a great player but he played like he was on the streets. He was Rohingyan from Burma. He looked
Friend is very good at his job and knows a lot of details. He thinks Oscar did what was right for him and wishes him well. The guy returned to CBB without really engaging NBA process after NPOY season. He played 4 yrs of CBB. He's older than reported and deserves to put himself first in this case. Understand why many UK fans are upset/hurt, but don't think it has a thing to do with Oscar. That being said--friend didn't care for how this was strung out with any of these guys and now Cal/Staff are on spot. Time already started to get to work, now they have to get **** done.

Can say that Tucker got some awful info though. I mean you can go look at all my posts on the year talking about Oscar/returning. Never changed.

🤮 at Miranda. I’d rather get a 26 year old stiff dude to dish had fouls than another stick figure pogo stick
I understand your take, but you need bodies and he's been wanting to be at Kentucky for years. His physical talent is NBA Lottery but the between the ears part.....well yeah....and I'm not saying he's my #1 option but saying I'd expect to see them reaching out confirmed pretty soon.

Friend is very good at his job and knows a lot of details. He thinks Oscar did what was right for him and wishes him well. The guy returned to CBB without really engaging NBA process after NPOY season. He played 4 yrs of CBB. He's older than reported and deserves to put himself first in this case. Understand why many UK fans are upset/hurt, but don't think it has a thing to do with Oscar. That being said--friend didn't care for how this was strung out with any of these guys and now Cal/Staff are on spot. Time already started to get to work, now they have to get **** done.

Can say that Tucker got some awful info though. I mean you can go look at all my posts on the year talking about Oscar/returning. Never changed.
Get to work on what?Nelson isn't interested and only trash is left.All those great guys pulling out of the draft didn't happen.

I understand your take, but you need bodies and he's been wanting to be at Kentucky for years. His physical talent is NBA Lottery but the between the ears part.....well yeah....and I'm not saying he's my #1 option but saying I'd expect to see them reaching out confirmed pretty soon.
Between the ears and no meat between the shoulders. I’ll pass. We have ugo already. We need some men now. We won’t make the tourney almost guaranteed with a front court of freshmen and sophomores especially since 2 of them have Skal like bodies

From the time the season started I always figured this was it for Oscar . There was nothing he could do to improve his stock . At his age he is what he is . I think they people who thought he would return only thought it cause of the NIL thing .
The leeches around Oscar wanted him to return but Oscar got to do what Oscar wanted here and I commend that. He's earned that right. He's also not 23 about to be 24 unless you believe Aaron Judge hitting cleanup for the Bronx Little League would be passed off as "he's 12 and turned 13 in August so he's qualified".

I'm still raising an eyebrow at this Tucker hit tweet. I mean....that is 100% opposite of what I've been told since last Fall.

Another body that can't play and we will be lucky to be an NIT team.Can't wait.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
The money was there for HD. I have to think Oscar wanted his value in nil. They could have come up with the support for Oscar’s nil. If they couldn’t do that for the former poty then uk basketball is dead. It also sounds like cal could have had OT come back day 1 but rolled the dice on Dickinson. I’m certain that Oscar took that as some serious shade
This NIL thing is completely out of control. There needs to CAPS put in place for NIL money. I don't care what the arguments are ... the portal and NIL is killing the college game. The college education has be valued and if the student/player doesn't value it, then declare out of high school and best of luck. All this plus OAD, the college game is doomed in its current form.

Get to work on what?Nelson isn't interested and only trash is left.All those great guys pulling out of the draft didn't happen.
Like I said--he mentioned you needed to be on this already--but now you have to get things done. No choice. The program obviously feared moving on from Oscar would result in him staying in CBB and leaving. They were willing to wait this out. Why? That's on Cal.

There are players out there, but you can't sit on your ass and hope they get excited because you call-need to get to work. They put themselves in this position, not fans.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Like I said--he mentioned you needed to be on this already--but now you have to get things done. No choice. The program obviously feared moving on from Oscar would result in him staying in CBB and leaving. They were willing to wait this out. Why? That's on Cal.

There are players out there, but you can't sit on your ass and hope they get excited because you call-need to get to work. They put themselves in this position, not fans.
Name some.

And what are you supposed to do if a player starts making those demands? I understand there are MANY things Cal/Mitch are doing wrong.. but we need to start placing the blame on these players and their camps.

In any sports league, if a player makes money demands, the fans and media turn on them, and rightfully so. Them making demands isn't the team's fault, or the front offices fault.. it's selfish mindset that can quickly become detrimental to the team. If Oscar did the above, then this is on him. And it will be a very disappointing end to his career here.
I see what you saying but these players are landing elsewhere. So they can but Cal can’t?

Name some.
Grant Nelson for one. He's been a guy they reached out to and he's seen as a top 3 portal option. If you bust your ass and land Nelson and Kaluma to fill in for a departing Tshiebwe and Livingston-that's not terrible at all. Kaluma has been part of winning program that made Elite 8 and played in tough Big East conference. Nelson is a talented guy who everyone has reached out to, but you actually have minutes and spot open.

Grant Nelson better than nobody? Is he a perfect player? No. But neither was Oscar and at his size/skill he also can fit how you need to play with the incoming players. He's out there, and actually fits what is needed. NDSU may not be an elite Power 5 conference program but they are competing for League Championship and have a very good program. This is a winning player.

Kaluma is a better CBB player than Livingston. Don't think that's a discussion. He's also got WINNING experience. I don't care about experience as much as guys who come from winning. Kaluma is the profile of what Kentucky should be pursuing. A lot of people liked him more than Keshod Johnson who also would've been a good fit. He's out there-go get him.

Which leads me to Reeves. He's the guy of the 3 you have to have back because he's a shot maker and has experience. He also would benefit from the style of play with the '24 team more than how he was used last year.

Know you may be upset if you loved Oscar and thought he'd be back...but I was prepared for him to be gone and Livingston--who ironically was told the only consideration he'd have in returning would be if Tshiebwe left due to minutes/role definition, not anything personally with Oscar (which has been greatly exaggerated by media as many things often are with UK media)

Ralph any word on the big PF from Tenn?
I've not heard him mentioned with Kentucky. Hell if I were Kentucky, I'd ask Dalton Knecht if he's sure he wants to be in Knoxville now Jordan James is returning. There's only so many minutes in a game....and relax Vol lurkers, I'm kidding.

Grant Nelson for one. He's been a guy they reached out to and he's seen as a top 3 portal option. If you bust your ass and land Nelson and Kaluma to fill in for a departing Tshiebwe and Livingston-that's not terrible at all. Kaluma has been part of winning program that made Elite 8 and played in tough Big East conference. Nelson is a talented guy who everyone has reached out to, but you actually have minutes and spot open.

Grant Nelson better than nobody? Is he a perfect player? No. But neither was Oscar and at his size/skill he also can fit how you need to play with the incoming players. He's out there, and actually fits what is needed. NDSU may not be an elite Power 5 conference program but they are competing for League Championship and have a very good program. This is a winning player.

Kaluma is a better CBB player than Livingston. Don't think that's a discussion. He's also got WINNING experience. I don't care about experience as much as guys who come from winning. Kaluma is the profile of what Kentucky should be pursuing. A lot of people liked him more than Keshod Johnson who also would've been a good fit. He's out there-go get him.

Which leads me to Reeves. He's the guy of the 3 you have to have back because he's a shot maker and has experience. He also would benefit from the style of play with the '24 team more than how he was used last year.

Know you may be upset if you loved Oscar and thought he'd be back...but I was prepared for him to be gone and Livingston--who ironically was told the only consideration he'd have in returning would be if Tshiebwe left due to minutes/role definition, not anything personally with Oscar (which has been greatly exaggerated by media as many things often are with UK media)
Nelson doesn't seem interested.4 schools mentioned and none UK.

Nelson doesn't seem interested.4 schools mentioned and none UK.
That's for now--Miami FL has reached out and still trying to get in and he had told Kentucky not to contact him unless Oscar left. So here you go. They may not get involved but they have an opening.

That's for now--Miami FL has reached out and still trying to get in and he had told Kentucky not to contact him unless Oscar left. So here you go. They may not get involved but they have an opening.
I have zero faith in Cal to land him.Older guys don't buy Cal's bullshit like the younger ones do.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
The money was there for HD. I have to think Oscar wanted his value in nil. They could have come up with the support for Oscar’s nil. If they couldn’t do that for the former poty then uk basketball is dead. It also sounds like cal could have had OT come back day 1 but rolled the dice on Dickinson. I’m certain that Oscar took that as some serious shade

Not true...

HD wanted cash up front. UK was not willing to pay.

IL3O3OO.png
How long does it take you to make one of these? You seem to be pretty good at it 👊🏻

Not true...

HD wanted cash up front. UK was not willing to pay.
😂 where do you clowns come up with this stuff? What do you mean up front? Before a commitment? I mean as soon as a guy comitts whatever collective (another Barney blunder) wants will start paying him.

Eh, we thought Calipari was the answer back then, me included. How much longer with this stiff before we become UK under BCG or worse? This shit needs to end. JVC has had more than enough opportunity. And he just keeps F-ing it up lately. Time for a change.

This NIL thing is completely out of control. There needs to CAPS put in place for NIL money. I don't care what the arguments are ... the portal and NIL is killing the college game. The college education has be valued and if the student/player doesn't value it, then declare out of high school and best of luck. All this plus OAD, the college game is doomed in its current form.
Impossible to cap.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT