ADVERTISEMENT

Drew would free up money for football

Jan 27, 2023
The university surely wouldn’t have to pay him the sum as a Hurley or Donovan or that Cal was being paid. This could free up a few million for the football program, which is good because I would suddenly become a much bigger football fan and a not at all basketball fan.

The university surely wouldn’t have to pay him the sum as a Hurley or Donovan or that Cal was being paid. This could free up a few million for the football program, which is good because I would suddenly become a much bigger football fan and a not at all basketball fan.
I highly doubt that that is a priority for the Administration.

I’ll never forget Stoops throwing a temper tantrum over Kentucky being called a basketball school. Lmao.

We can hire Saban and he won't win big here. Sec is too tough and not enough NIL support.
Simply having you crap together enough to clean up procedure penalties and fundamentals will give the program and extra 1-2 wins per year. That alone just might get us an SEC title shot and a spot in the playoffs.

Unfortunately that seems to be beyond Stoops and Co.

I'll never understand how someone cheers more for football or basketball. I cheer for the Wildcats whether it be football, basketball (mens or womens), soccer, baseball or whatever sport they are playing.

Explain to me the circumstances.

I feel like if any other coach but Cal said that it wouldn’t be a big deal
Cal was aware there would be football facilities upgrades.
Cal preferred they go to basketball and played the “basketball school” card.
CMS was put off by Cal’s comments being a tool to sway Mitch to provide basketball updates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT