ADVERTISEMENT

I will just leave this here

So Joanne left his sorry azz? Go figure....
I don't think Joanne has stepped foot in Kentucky in quite a long time. So if he's just now waking up alone for the first time in 40 years.......

Isn't Rick in Florida? He put his house up for sale like the same day he got fired I thought.
Sure, but he lived in Louisville for portions of the year the past 17 years.... remember that time he coached at UofL?

Tough to feel sorry for a guy that has a gazillion dollars in the bank and no longer has a stressful job. He's free to do whatever he wants when he wants to do it.
If I were him, I would take my rich ass and disappear and live the rest of my life in a beach somewhere.

Tough to feel sorry for a guy that has a gazillion dollars in the bank and no longer has a stressful job. He's free to do whatever he wants when he wants to do it.
If I were him, I would take my rich ass and disappear and live the rest of my life in a beach somewhere.

Kind of what I thought to. How many 10's of millions did he get paid by UK, Boston, and UL. He can probably buy his own island. If he's bored there are literally thousand's of non profit, volunteer organizations in this country looking for volunteers. Just pick your cause RP. Only don't make it you.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Kind of what I thought to. How many 10's of millions did he get paid by UK, Boston, and UL. He can probably buy his own island. If he's bored there are literally thousand's of non profit, volunteer organizations in this country looking for volunteers. Just pick your cause RP. Only don't make it you.
I mean, I get it, dude has an ego, but doesn't he have to feel some shame at some point?
I would be stunned if I heard he was doing non profit stuff or doing anything to help others. That would indicate he has been through some humility. I just don't see it happening. In his mind he has done no wrong. I just don't understand that thought process, never allowed myself to get like that, so I can't fathom it.

I mean, I get it, dude has an ego, but doesn't he have to feel some shame at some point?
I would be stunned if I heard he was doing non profit stuff or doing anything to help others. That would indicate he has been through some humility. I just don't see it happening. In his mind he has done no wrong. I just don't understand that thought process, never allowed myself to get like that, so I can't fathom it.
A person has to have a good soul to do good things...Pitino doesn't even have a soul...

I like to think of myself as very empathetic in nearly any and every situation. In fact, I'd say most Americans are very capable of forgiving the faults of others in most cases. But in the case of Rick Pitino, I just can't muster up any empathy. And I'll tell you why...

He has shown exactly ZERO remorse and has admitted exactly ZERO fault FOR ANYTHING he's ever done. Go back as far as you want. He accepts no blame for his multiple affairs. He was being blackmailed and extorted by Sypher. He was far too naive and trusting of McGee. And now he's been mistreated by the NCAA, the FBI, Adidas, and Louisville. No remorse. No fault. No wrongdoing. No I'm sorry. No I was wrong. Until I hear even an ounce of contrition, I will not feel sorry for this man. I feel the same way toward UofL fans who still refuse to see the truth. I feel for these Cardinals players. I feel for the fans with integrity, and there are many who are glad Rick has no further opportunity to destroy the program, but I can't have empathy for these folks who blindly defend everything we've all seen.

I like to think of myself as very empathetic in nearly any and every situation. In fact, I'd say most Americans are very capable of forgiving the faults of others in most cases. But in the case of Rick Pitino, I just can't muster up any empathy. And I'll tell you why...

He has shown exactly ZERO remorse and has admitted exactly ZERO fault FOR ANYTHING he's ever done. Go back as far as you want. He accepts no blame for his multiple affairs. He was being blackmailed and extorted by Sypher. He was far too naive and trusting of McGee. And now he's been mistreated by the NCAA, the FBI, Adidas, and Louisville. No remorse. No fault. No wrongdoing. No I'm sorry. No I was wrong. Until I hear even an ounce of contrition, I will not feel sorry for this man. I feel the same way toward UofL fans who still refuse to see the truth. I feel for these Cardinals players. I feel for the fans with integrity, and there are many who are glad Rick has no further opportunity to destroy the program, but I can't have empathy for these folks who blindly defend everything we've all seen.
Having been around for Pitino's term of service at UK, he a is a classic example of how flawed people thrive in certain environments but fall apart in other environments. Pitino's flaws are no moral compass and no understanding of loyalty. Notice that Calipari's former players are very loyal to him, but most of Rick's former players don't have much to do with him. Working at UK placed Rick in a basketball tradition greater than himself. The tradition of Rupp and Hall held Rick to a higher standard. Being around CMN and Bill Keightley in man to man situations was very good for Rick's personal journey. At UK, Rick was loyal to his players, but you could always see the con man potential in him. Once Rick decided that he was too big for UK, that's when the trouble started. He made a fool of himself in Boston, but Boston also made him independently wealthy. At UL, Pitino worked for Jurich who is a con man and crook himself. That's when the same latent qualities in Pitino came to the surface and got him in trouble. Now he is wealthy beyond anything the rest of us will ever know, but he is broken, exposed, and alone. Middle finger right back at ya, Rick.

I think we all know that won't happen. It always has been about him.

Reactions: Blueaz
Having been around for Pitino's term of service at UK, he a is a classic example of how flawed people thrive in certain environments but fall apart in other environments. Pitino's flaws are no moral compass and no understanding of loyalty. Notice that Calipari's former players are very loyal to him, but most of Rick's former players don't have much to do with him. Working at UK placed Rick in a basketball tradition greater than himself. The tradition of Rupp and Hall held Rick to a higher standard. Being around CMN and Bill Keightley in man to man situations was very good for Rick's personal journey. At UK, Rick was loyal to his players, but you could always see the con man potential in him. Once Rick decided that he was too big for UK, that's when the trouble started. He made a fool of himself in Boston, but Boston also made him independently wealthy. At UL, Pitino worked for Jurich who is a con man and crook himself. That's when the same latent qualities in Pitino came to the surface and got him in trouble. Now he is wealthy beyond anything the rest of us will ever know, but he is broken, exposed, and alone. Middle finger right back at ya, Rick.
Great post!

You guys hit it out of the park. Best two summaries I've seen.

I truly wonder how much longer he lives actually. That part is a little sad. I mean how does an ego that big fall that far and find solace and happiness in a normal, regular guy (albeit someone who everyone recognizes and reacts strongly to) life?

Reactions: DanHalen88
Uncle Sam makes me get up at the butt crack of dawn for the last 15 yrs. He gets no sympathy here.

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go..6:00 am M-F my feet have been on the hardwood floor of our bedroom for as long as I can and my body can remember. Hard to have sympathy for someone you have no respect for. Let him go spend his days cleaning out the stalls of the horses he owns. If he moves the horse out before he cleans, the entire stall will then be full of S***..

I don't think Joanne has stepped foot in Kentucky in quite a long time. So if he's just now waking up alone for the first time in 40 years.......

Joanne loved Louisville.... she was devastated and embarrassed to have to leave. She packed for a weekend away from louisville for what she thought was a weekend in Florida, and never returned. She has moved to New York, and Rick lives in Miami at his house that is designed like a bachelor pad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT