ADVERTISEMENT

I used to hate this board after a loss...

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
...now it sucks after a win. Was at my son's HS game and missed the Cats. Came here expecting to join the celebration of a short-handed win over a team that has been highly ranked and is getting healthier. Instead it is an avalanche of whining over whether the Cats are getting worse, and how it was a 'lucky' win and how this player or that is regressing and wasn't any good to start with.

Hey, I was sweating this game all week, and it's in the books as a W against a team that could easily end up in the Sweet 16. Drop dead whiners and trolls. Big night for Kentucky.

...now it sucks after a win. Was at my son's HS game and missed the Cats. Came here expecting to join the celebration of a short-handed win over a team that has been highly ranked and is getting healthier. Instead it is an avalanche of whining over whether the Cats are getting worse, and how it was a 'lucky' win and how this player or that is regressing and wasn't any good to start with.

Hey, I was sweating this game all week, and it's in the books as a W against a team that could easily end up in the Sweet 16. Drop dead whiners and trolls. Big night for Kentucky.
You have been one of the true great posters since I can remember and this post just drives that point home .

A&M needed this win badly, had a lot of players back and our guys found a way to win despite being shorthanded. A really good win that we can learn a lot from and hopefully get better. I know what you're saying but you just have to realize a lot of posters here are miserable and want to infect as many as possible. Ignore button is your best friend.

Hey a win is a win, I'm not gonna whine about it, I'd rather play ugly and win than be a glamorous loser, we knew they were gonna lose 6 to 10 games, that's what mostly everyone on here thought because we were short Vanderbilt and Baker, pissed if we lose, pissed if we win, which one do you want:popcorn:

Reactions: awf
I don't understand how our fans can't see the forest through the trees. They see TAMU is unranked and they can't see past it. I'd go as far to say the TAMU, if they stay healthy and don't suspend anyone, has a very good shot to go an Elite8 and it's not out of the question they upset someone for a Final4.

They made it to #5 before their team was decimated. Of their 9 most productive players, only 2 of them have played in all 15 games.

I don't understand how our fans can't see the forest through the trees. They see TAMU is unranked and they can't see past it. I'd go as far to say the TAMU, if they stay healthy and don't suspend anyone, has a very good shot to go an Elite8 and it's not out of the question they upset someone for a Final4.

They made it to #5 before their team was decimated. Of their 9 most productive players, only 2 of them have played in all 15 games.

Welcome to message board shit posting. Anyone that knows anything knew this would be a tough matchup, but the average simpleton looks at an unranked SEC team at UK and loses their mind when it's a close game.

It's easy to separate the stupid after a loss or close game. They expose themselves.

Reactions: ib4ky and GhostVol
Welcome to message board shit posting. Anyone that knows anything knew this would be a tough matchup, but the average simpleton looks at an unranked SEC team at UK and loses their mind when it's a close game.

It's easy to separate the stupid after a loss or close game. They expose themselves.
Correct, sir. I’m dreading our game with the Aggies now this Saturday. Only saving grace is that it’s at our house.

Well I only speak for myself...but I feel very sheepish about jubilantly celebrating a game where we were extremely fortunate to win. We totally fell apart at the end with two terrible turnovers caused by there press, not one but two possessions where we left shooters WIDE open for 3's that could beat us and missed several game clinching free throws. O and there was that no call at the end on Gabriel which if I'm being honest was totally a foul right in front of the official. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled we won with no Quade, Baker, Vanderbilt and Richards (yes he played but it was a total no show) But this is the luckiest win I can remember in quite some time. I'll take the win and very quietly go about my business.

Sadly, it's not just this board. It's the entire Internet and social media world. It's just a true cesspool. I'm not sure if people have taken trolling to the point they don't know how to stop or if people truly are this miserable all the time.

In my opinion you are one of the very best posters on here and once again I agree with you. It's why I took basically a one year hiatus. That and my mom is dying of cancer and only has about a year left at most. Things like that change your priorities.

If you notice, it's the same people complaining over and over again. And then in the game threads random accounts pop up out of nowhere to bash our guys. If it looks like a troll, if it acts like a troll, it must be a......

Well I only speak for myself...but I feel very sheepish about jubilantly celebrating a game where we were extremely fortunate to win. We totally fell apart at the end with two terrible turnovers caused by there press, not one but two possessions where we left shooters WIDE open for 3's that could beat us and missed several game clinching free throws. O and there was that no call at the end on Gabriel which if I'm being honest was totally a foul right in front of the official. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled we won with no Quade, Baker, Vanderbilt and Richards (yes he played but it was a total no show) But this is the luckiest win I can remember in quite some time. I'll take the win and very quietly go about my business.
Why didn't you list all the POSITIVES this young, somewhat depleted team accomplished? The reason you didn't is because people like you are by nature debbie-downers. Your view of life is through a negative lens. You may as well not even watch anymore games because you're gonna nit-pick everything. Fans like you truly are.miserable. You're probably the type that bitched when we won in 2012 because Cal "took the air out of the ball" letting Kansas get within 10.

Drop dead? Mods i know that has to be some kind of broken rule, Geez dude, you want someone to die over this? Pathetic.

By the way, i never whined, the above comment and this is all iv said. We did well for being 4 men down ourselves.

Hear, hear!!!

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
A&M needed this win badly, had a lot of players back and our guys found a way to win despite being shorthanded. A really good win that we can learn a lot from and hopefully get better. I know what you're saying but you just have to realize a lot of posters here are miserable and want to infect as many as possible. Ignore button is your best friend.

Which brings up a question....is there a limit to the number of times you can use that button.......I add names almost daily.........

Drop dead? Mods i know that has to be some kind of broken rule, Geez dude, you want someone to die over this? Pathetic.
If, as you say, you didn't whine and you aren't a troll, I'm not sure why you took my comment personally. But just to clarify, I didn't want people to actually drop dead. It was a figure of speech, slightly more polite than go to hell. If anyone actually did drop dead on my suggestion, I apologize to their families.

Sadly, it's not just this board. It's the entire Internet and social media world. It's just a true cesspool. I'm not sure if people have taken trolling to the point they don't know how to stop or if people truly are this miserable all the time.
I voting for some people are just plain miserable. Their life is a shit sandwich and they are stuck in the middle. There are no positive thoughts in their minds and they blame everyone and every thing but the main culprit.......themselves........

I don't blame people for getting aggravated. This team frustrates the hell out of me. From earlier in the season I thought this team just didn't have all the pieces to make a big run. Finishing the game out the way they did doesn't make me feel any different about my prediction yet. That was probably the worst last 2 minutes of a close game I have ever seen by us and we were just fortunate they also had a number of issues or we likely lose that game. Hopefully we hurry up and get all the injured players back soon because we need them badly.

Reactions: KFuqua

Its a direct reflection on the mods

I'm sure this thread will change everything from here on out. Just like the last 10,000 like it after wins or losses.

I don't blame people for getting aggravated. This team frustrates the hell out of me. From earlier in the season I thought this team just didn't have all the pieces to make a big run. Finishing the game out the way they did doesn't make me feel any different about my prediction yet. That was probably the worst last 2 minutes of a close game I have ever seen by us and we were just fortunate they also had a number of issues or we likely lose that game. Hopefully we hurry up and get all the injured players back soon because we need them badly.
You probably shouldn't watch anymore games because you're gonna get frustrated more often than not. Cal is building this team for March. Youngest roster in the country. Things happen. Embrace it or keep getting frustrated.

I already have at least 20 on ignore...I could probably add another 20. That's ridiculous.

I voting for some people are just plain miserable. Their life is a shit sandwich and they are stuck in the middle. There are no positive thoughts in their minds and they blame everyone and every thing but the main culprit.......themselves........
Mediocrity in their lives...

It is possible to be thrilled with the win ( I was ) but bewildered at our play the last 90 seconds or whatever . It’s a discussion board where the entire game gets discussed . 1000s of members , some are overly confident and some are chicken Little’s . No neee to get all out of sorts because the obvious gets pointed out ( we shit the bed at the end )

66147747.jpg

I am glad we won. The only thing I’m even slightly grumpy about is we were up by 5 with a minute left and it took a no call for us to seal the deal. Just can’t do that. That last minute of play was a disaster. Let A&M have a wide open three (which luckily he missed) and a pass for a wide open layup.

Just lucky to get the win and move on. Better bring it Saturday. Memorial Magic will be in full swing I’m sure.

Reactions: KFuqua
I’m as big of a sunshine pumper as there is on this board, but if you’re:

1) a sane, intelligent person
2) with good eyesight
3) who understands basketball
4) and watched the game start to finish,

then you are not “thrilled” with this win. You are relieved. Cal said as much during the postgame presser. We gave up multiple wide-open threes when we could not afford them. We gave up two turnovers against the most predictable traps imaginable (what’s worse is we had the possession arrow during both, and an easy timeout opportunity on the first), and nearly gave up a third turnover off a bad pass to PJ. We committed a blatant foul 70 feet from the ball in the final seconds, where free throws would have killed us, and just got lucky to have it not called. And that’s all just in the last 90 seconds of game clock, without even mentioning free throws or the jaw-dropping lapses of Nick Richards (that were so ghastly Cal couldn’t leave him in for a straight 60 seconds).

Look, I’m happy to win and not lose. And let’s be fair to our own guys, we were playing with seven scholarship players - and only two guards - against a team that finally got all of its players back, and when at full strength, is one of the best in the country. And we got hosed on some egregious calls throughout the game that incensed even Bilas. And A&M started the game nailing a flurry of threes from low-percentage shooters who never even attempt them.

So, us not soaring to a comfortable victory doesn’t bother me. Frankly, I might not even have been upset to lose under other circumstances. The problem is that that we utterly disintegrated when it mattered, in ways that are completely in our control; and when you get down to it, A&M’s final score was more a matter of them missing wide-open shots and not getting a foul call they deserved than it was because we did what we needed to do. If it were for a championship, I’d be elated. But for a home game in early conference play, it just left kind of a bad taste in my mouth.

Reactions: KFuqua and fabcat

MD I have to agree, I was worried about the game even before I found out Green was out, then even more so. After the game I hoped on here and with in a few minutes thought you have got to be flipping kidding me !! What the hell is wrong with you people !!

I already have at least 20 on ignore...I could probably add another 20. That's ridiculous.
Im at 80. And I haven't missed a one of them. And is not because they posted"We should start Wynyen over PJ". It's because they post things like, "PJ sucks" six times during a game thread. Unfortunately, posters who think this board is 4Chan and worse, that they are being a laugh riot.

If, as you say, you didn't whine and you aren't a troll, I'm not sure why you took my comment personally. But just to clarify, I didn't want people to actually drop dead. It was a figure of speech, slightly more polite than go to hell. If anyone actually did drop dead on my suggestion, I apologize to their families.
I kind of like GTH better... Your original post was well stated. A great win!
This team is having growing pains which will continue. Hopefully they will be resolved by late February.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT