ADVERTISEMENT

I used to hate this board after a loss...

I’m as big of a sunshine pumper as there is on this board, but if you’re:

1) a sane, intelligent person
2) with good eyesight
3) who understands basketball
4) and watched the game start to finish,

then you are not “thrilled” with this win. You are relieved. Cal said as much during the postgame presser. We gave up multiple wide-open threes when we could not afford them. We gave up two turnovers against the most predictable traps imaginable (what’s worse is we had the possession arrow during both, and an easy timeout opportunity on the first), and nearly gave up a third turnover off a bad pass to PJ. We committed a blatant foul 70 feet from the ball in the final seconds, where free throws would have killed us, and just got lucky to have it not called. And that’s all just in the last 90 seconds of game clock, without even mentioning free throws or the jaw-dropping lapses of Nick Richards (that were so ghastly Cal couldn’t leave him in for a straight 60 seconds).

Look, I’m happy to win and not lose. And let’s be fair to our own guys, we were playing with seven scholarship players - and only two guards - against a team that finally got all of its players back, and when at full strength, is one of the best in the country. And we got hosed on some egregious calls throughout the game that incensed even Bilas. And A&M started the game nailing a flurry of threes from low-percentage shooters who never even attempt them.

So, us not soaring to a comfortable victory doesn’t bother me. Frankly, I might not even have been upset to lose under other circumstances. The problem is that that we utterly disintegrated when it mattered, in ways that are completely in our control; and when you get down to it, A&M’s final score was more a matter of them missing wide-open shots and not getting a foul call they deserved than it was because we did what we needed to do. If it were for a championship, I’d be elated. But for a home game in early conference play, it just left kind of a bad taste in my mouth.

Perhaps you could remember that UK was without its true point guard, best ball handler, and best free throw shooter in that last minute? Put Quade Green out there at the end and UK might have had a double digit win that everyone would be crowing about today!

UK shot 56% (starters were over 60%), got to the line 34 times, and actually out rebounded TAMU! Without their point guard! I would call that an amazing result!!

Reactions: kat57
Drop dead? Mods i know that has to be some kind of broken rule, Geez dude, you want someone to die over this? Pathetic.

zOOdd47.jpg

I’m as big of a sunshine pumper as there is on this board, but if you’re:

1) a sane, intelligent person
2) with good eyesight
3) who understands basketball
4) and watched the game start to finish,

then you are not “thrilled” with this win. You are relieved. Cal said as much during the postgame presser. We gave up multiple wide-open threes when we could not afford them. We gave up two turnovers against the most predictable traps imaginable (what’s worse is we had the possession arrow during both, and an easy timeout opportunity on the first), and nearly gave up a third turnover off a bad pass to PJ. We committed a blatant foul 70 feet from the ball in the final seconds, where free throws would have killed us, and just got lucky to have it not called. And that’s all just in the last 90 seconds of game clock, without even mentioning free throws or the jaw-dropping lapses of Nick Richards (that were so ghastly Cal couldn’t leave him in for a straight 60 seconds).

Look, I’m happy to win and not lose. And let’s be fair to our own guys, we were playing with seven scholarship players - and only two guards - against a team that finally got all of its players back, and when at full strength, is one of the best in the country. And we got hosed on some egregious calls throughout the game that incensed even Bilas. And A&M started the game nailing a flurry of threes from low-percentage shooters who never even attempt them.

So, us not soaring to a comfortable victory doesn’t bother me. Frankly, I might not even have been upset to lose under other circumstances. The problem is that that we utterly disintegrated when it mattered, in ways that are completely in our control; and when you get down to it, A&M’s final score was more a matter of them missing wide-open shots and not getting a foul call they deserved than it was because we did what we needed to do. If it were for a championship, I’d be elated. But for a home game in early conference play, it just left kind of a bad taste in my mouth.
Amen...but apparently I'm a harbinger of bad tidings and negativity so you probably shouldn't agree with me.

MDwildcat, if you get a chance to watch the game on, do so.
Don't listen to all the BS until you can watch the game for yourself.

Was there some things UK could have and should have done better? That question can be answered "yes" for just about any game.

Was there some things we did much better than past games. A big yes.
We fought hard from start to finish. There was the occasional "brain farts" some players have from time to time. But we fought through them and kept battling.

Lots of talk about the so called "no call" on the last play of the game. I call this total BS.
Was it a foul? Depends on how you look at it. Texas AM was making some stupid plays, throwing the ball all over the place and the last pass could not have been caught by anyone. It was a bad pass. A foul called then would have been a bail out.

But whats not being talked about is the no calls on UK the last 3 minutes of the game. We drove to the basket a couple of times and almost got our heads torn off. We scored and should have been "and one" but it was not called. There were many times we went to the basket getting fouled but no call was made.
Those calls went both ways. It was a physical game and to call a foul on the last play when you let things go up til then would have been a joke.

Bottom line, we made a step forward, got a hard earned win and live to fight another day.
Screw the non-believers.

We look disorganized, poorly coached and sometimes unmotivated. We also only have 2 people capable of playing the point and our coach "doesn't know" if/when players will play. It's ugly and we're lucky to have won as many games as we have. I'm not sure how we won the game last night, but I'm happy we did given all of our problems.

Sadly, it's not just this board. It's the entire Internet and social media world. It's just a true cesspool. I'm not sure if people have taken trolling to the point they don't know how to stop or if people truly are this miserable all the time.

I agree. It seems everything, everywhere, is just cynicism and negativity.

...now it sucks after a win. Was at my son's HS game and missed the Cats. Came here expecting to join the celebration of a short-handed win over a team that has been highly ranked and is getting healthier. Instead it is an avalanche of whining over whether the Cats are getting worse, and how it was a 'lucky' win and how this player or that is regressing and wasn't any good to start with.

Hey, I was sweating this game all week, and it's in the books as a W against a team that could easily end up in the Sweet 16. Drop dead whiners and trolls. Big night for Kentucky.

There used to be about 10 percent of society that would complain about EVERYTHING. It’s a much, much larger group now.

Feels like there's more bitching after a win than there is after a loss on this board.

...now it sucks after a win. Was at my son's HS game and missed the Cats. Came here expecting to join the celebration of a short-handed win over a team that has been highly ranked and is getting healthier. Instead it is an avalanche of whining over whether the Cats are getting worse, and how it was a 'lucky' win and how this player or that is regressing and wasn't any good to start with.

Hey, I was sweating this game all week, and it's in the books as a W against a team that could easily end up in the Sweet 16. Drop dead whiners and trolls. Big night for Kentucky.

Cal is a victim of his own success. Since we have not won two NC yet the pressure is on by a large portion if posters.

Then if we don't sign five five stars with three in the top 10 its horrible.

Now Instead of growing into the team they expect us to roll right away. He can't win unless he has a dominate squad anymore.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
I also want to complain about the complainer.
Can we add a forum for the snowflakes?
And yes, pressure will grow for Cal to win another title; it comes with the job and the $$$$.

MDwildcat, if you get a chance to watch the game on, do so.
Don't listen to all the BS until you can watch the game for yourself.

Was there some things UK could have and should have done better? That question can be answered "yes" for just about any game.

Was there some things we did much better than past games. A big yes.
We fought hard from start to finish. There was the occasional "brain farts" some players have from time to time. But we fought through them and kept battling.

Lots of talk about the so called "no call" on the last play of the game. I call this total BS.
Was it a foul? Depends on how you look at it. Texas AM was making some stupid plays, throwing the ball all over the place and the last pass could not have been caught by anyone. It was a bad pass. A foul called then would have been a bail out.

But whats not being talked about is the no calls on UK the last 3 minutes of the game. We drove to the basket a couple of times and almost got our heads torn off. We scored and should have been "and one" but it was not called. There were many times we went to the basket getting fouled but no call was made.
Those calls went both ways. It was a physical game and to call a foul on the last play when you let things go up til then would have been a joke.

Bottom line, we made a step forward, got a hard earned win and live to fight another day.
Screw the non-believers.

It was a foul But considering we got hosed on a block call in the first half we're equal.

I loved the grit at the end. It's just the last minute of play I want to forget..

Sadly, it's not just this board. It's the entire Internet and social media world. It's just a true cesspool. I'm not sure if people have taken trolling to the point they don't know how to stop or if people truly are this miserable all the time.
I'm going with the latter.

I think that if your a regular poster on this site and the majority if not all of your posts are negative or always griping then I question whether or not your a true fan of this program. My family has been season ticket holders since the 80's and we have been a paid member back since the 90's. I've endured some rough season's n both basketball and football and never in my life have I seen a time where the fanbase seems so ungrateful for the success of our major sports. I do not miss the days of Curry and Joker in football and I sure don't miss the days of Tubby and Billy. We have it as good as we've ever had it in my lifetime as a UK fan.

Look we are far and away the greatest fans in college basketball...even so called "Duke Vitale" typically says so when covering UK games. But we do often act like a bunch of spoiled "the sky is falling!!" brats sometimes :(

ADVERTISEMENT