ADVERTISEMENT

I thought Thiero had three 3s yesterday.

G-PIP

Senior
Mar 14, 2014
I thought the commentators had called all three of Thiero's perimeter shots 3-pointers, but the stats say he was 1-1 on 3pt. shots. Went back and watched again, and Thiero actually had two of those shots called 2s due to toe being on the line.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Yep, stinks for him gotta watch those toes, but the confidence he and JE took those shots with bodes well for us going forward. If we have real threats in Reeves Dilly and Reed and decent threats in Thiero, JE and Z gonna be really hard to guard.

Yep, stinks for him gotta watch those toes, but the confidence he and JE took those shots with bodes well for us going forward. If we have real threats in Reeves Dilly and Reed and decent threats in Thiero, JE and Z gonna be really hard to guard.
Wonder how realistic it is to expect a player to make sure he's behind the line? Is it just something a coach should continually remind players of in practice? Should players be told to look down and get their toes behind the line - or is that even realistic or good idea for a player to try to do in the flow of a game?

I was hoping that throw would have thrown down that dunk that big z gave him with that non look pass big z man am I crazy but some of this long range shooting and big time non look passe are very reminiscent of a player named Larry bird

Reactions: G-PIP
I was pissed on the 2nd one bc I thought it was obviously a 3 but it took us from 66 to 68, and that was after they’d already gone back and corrected his first one…

Wonder how realistic it is to expect a player to make sure he's behind the line? Is it just something a coach should continually remind players of in practice? Should players be told to look down and get their toes behind the line - or is that even realistic or good idea for a player to try to do in the flow of a game?
You can generally feel where you are in relation to the line when you play a lot.

Reactions: Ugoff
I was hoping that throw would have thrown down that dunk that big z gave him with that non look pass big z man am I crazy but some of this long range shooting and big time non look passe are very reminiscent of a player named Larry bird
I can see that a little now that you said it. But before anyone flips out, I'm not putting Big Z on any level comparable to Larry Bird and I'm sure you're not either. Just saying the intuitiveness is a little reminiscent of Larry Bird.

You can generally feel where you are in relation to the line when you play a lot.
Yeah, but it looked like it was just a toe on the line. That's cutting it awful fine for feel, I would think. But anyway, I like that his shot seems to be developing also.

I can see that a little now that you said it. But before anyone flips out, I'm not putting Big Z on any level comparable to Larry Bird and I'm sure you're not either. Just saying the intuitiveness is a little reminiscent of Larry Bird.
That's what I was getting at Z has alot to learn especially on defense and his stamina needs to get better man Z has potential to be a franchise player

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT