ADVERTISEMENT

I guess UNC picked the perfect season to be terrible

It's nice though that conference tournaments weren't canceled until AFTER they took a great butt whipping. No disillusion about what might have been to see them thru the off season, just the memory of a season ending beat down.

The byproduct of the NCAAT likely being cancelled that bugs me the most? UNC's streak of consecutive tournaments will remain intact. And this won't even count as a "missed" tournament. Stats like that are often referred to when comparing bluebloods.

However, that pales in comparison to the fact that Kansas won't have a shot at cutting down the nets. What bigger travesty could there be than the dirtiest program in the country (sans Louisville) winning a championship. IF the tournament is cancelled, that's the very best part of it.

UNC is the biggest winner from this.
Kansas is the biggest loser.

As for us, I still wasn't sold on Hagans not having a terrible game to send us home early. Trying to be objective, I'd be very surprised if Kentucky got to a Final4. Not that I want to forgo an Elite 8.. but this team flirts too much with danger. There are many other years recently that I'd be more pissed about, not having March Madness.

Reactions: jrpross and TM2013
yeah, it sucks....they will be able to slink away and hide their shame in the shadow of the cancellations......

They should still do
Selection Sunday for the mere fact of determining who would have made the tournament and who wouldn’t have since those streaks are tracked.

But they won’t bc it really serves no other purpose

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
Yeah their streak wasnt long anyways. The shame of a 14-19 season cant just be corona virus'd away, it already happened and is a major black eye for the cheats

I was thinking about this too. It really sucks that teams like IU, Memphis, Washington, UNC, etc. are basically getting a pass for having terrible seasons. This year will only be remembered as the year the tournament was canceled and all those shitty records will be forgotten.

Yeah but they won't lose any ground to anyone in tourney wins, Final Fours or titles.

Is Cole Anthony their only player who will leave to go to the NBA ?
The great big man they have G. Brooks might of before but as I said in another thread with all this happening most players who aren't super elite I suspect now come back or a good deal of them. Maxey is the only guy I know for sure would still leave on our team.

Truly though this is a topic that won't be clear for a month or 2 .

They will petition to have this years record expunged since the season wasn't completed LOL

Oh there’s was completed they got their ass beat like a red headed step child last night by Syracuse. By 28 pts and the whole nation pretty much got to see it.

Reactions: Mr.Morris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT