ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve been quiet….

bigblue_07

Senior
Nov 21, 2008
I just got this to say:

I’m broken as a UK fan. Growing up watching Mashburn, Delk, Brown, Mercer, Turner. I just don’t know how much more I can take of this. Tonight’s loss drained me. I turned it off with 5 minutes to go and just felt awful and I went and just sat in a dark room.

I know it’s just a game, but this is just something out of our control and I don’t know what to do. GO CATS!

Right there with you OP.
I've been a diehard fan since I saw my first game in 1976. Spent a lot of money and a lot of time supporting and cheering on my beloved Cats. But, somehow this loss has just hit me like a dick-punch. I am mad as hell at Calipari for bringing the program low like this when there is absolutely no excuse for it.
I am even more angry with Barnhart. Giving Calipari a lifetime contract was tantamount to signing the farm away.
Honestly feel sick to my stomach typing these words out.

I just got this to say:

I’m broken as a UK fan. Growing up watching Mashburn, Delk, Brown, Mercer, Turner. I just don’t know how much more I can take of this. Tonight’s loss drained me. I turned it off with 5 minutes to go and just felt awful and I went and just sat in a dark room.

I know it’s just a game, but this is just something out of our control and I don’t know what to do. GO CATS!
No one as good as Mash,Delk,Mercer,etc suited up for the Cats tonight.
To me there was no heartbreak in tonight's loss.
They simply got their ass kicked by an equally talented squad who played harder and executed better.
Seen a bunch of losses to Arkansas over the years that stung way more than this one did.

I just got this to say:

Buck up you basketball Benny. Enjoy the process.

At this point, there is nothing positive going on with this season and except for a fluke win at Tennessee, the season has been a disaster. 7 games left plus the SEC tourney only mean more losses and I don't see this team pulling it together for some miracle run. The Arkansas loss was bad but the South Carolina loss at home is still just mind boggling to me and how a this coach can let that happen......I feel your pain man.

I just got this to say:

I started DVR’ing all games, check the score and watch if we win. It’s easier.

I just got this to say:

Don't sit in a dark room. The quicker you accept the suck, the better it will be. I just don't care anymore and I'm better for it.

I just don’t really care anymore. Several years ago, I would have been livid over the game. Now, I usually just play on my phone during the game. There’s little reaction win or lose. I get on here and Twitter to see the reax.

Cal has stripped all the enjoyment from the game for me. From his asinine lineups to his delusional defenders to his goofy postgame posts

I just got this to say:

You need to try whiskey my friend. Just a little. With Coke. Don’t over do it.

I’m pretty apathetic win or lose anymore. Games like last night just don’t bother me anymore as they have become the norm under Cal. You almost expect to lose games like last night and will surprisingly pull out a W from time to time. Cal basketball just flat out sucks, there is no other way to spin it.

As early as last year I was defending Cal. But something finally clicked with me before the season even started.
I was talking to a crowd at a UK football game and said you know they are correct. Time to start to realize Cal is a washed up, big mouth, looser now with no edge to him.

I am now and have been a Cal be gone supporter for a while now.
Sooner this dude leaves the better.

I went to bed. Knew a loss was coming and I didn't even lose sleep. Not mad or upset. This is what Cal has done. Apathy.

He's just cashing checks and going thru the motions. He's a lost cause. You can hope and hang onto next year if you want. He should be fired immediately.

I turned the game off last night as well.

I’ve posted this a couple of times, but will again. Cal built a team with no talent. Just a bunch of mid major transfers, unskilled, not athletic. Wallace is our only real player, and even he has issues (turnovers, not aggressive). Oscar is just not athletic enough to do real damage. We just have no talent. Add in Cals inability to adjust or prepare, and this is what you get.

I just got this to say:

Turned it off 5 minutes into second half. Another coach cleaning CCC'S clock.

I just got this to say:

Get ready for the season ticket holders to show up here and mock you for not getting to go to the games and watch us lose in person like they do.

I’ve posted this a couple of times, but will again. Cal built a team with no talent. Just a bunch of mid major transfers, unskilled, not athletic. Wallace is our only real player, and even he has issues (turnovers, not aggressive). Oscar is just not athletic enough to do real damage. We just have no talent. Add in Cals inability to adjust or prepare, and this is what you get.
Livingston, Collins, Toppin , Reeves all have talent it's just that we have a coach who has no clue what to do with them. These guys are recruited to come here and leave after a year. The problem is they aren't ready, but their replacements have already been signed for next year.

die-hard-john-mc-clane.gif

You are correct about the low talent level….and I pin A LOT of that on the Sharpe situation. You build your future teams out in planning years in advance and Sharpe was the center piece.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I just got this to say:

It appears that NIL/portal has created stumbling blocks for the blue bloods ... as Duke, UNC and KY are all out of the TOP 25 right now and Alabama is rated higher in basketball than in football. The playing field very well may be irreversibly leveled. Accordingly, it certainly appears to me that many coaches are well-overpaid right now ... and I can see that changing ... as it should.

Have you ever worked with someone who is burned out with their job? Most of the time they are floating along because they are just done and don't want to be at work, but they don't want to quit because they are making good money. Then comes a random occasion where they might do something again because it was interesting and then they go back to floating along until management makes the decision for them.

I just don’t really care anymore. Several years ago, I would have been livid over the game. Now, I usually just play on my phone during the game. There’s little reaction win or lose. I get on here and Twitter to see the reax.

Cal has stripped all the enjoyment from the game for me. From his asinine lineups to his delusional defenders to his goofy postgame posts
The reactions here are way more entertaining than the basketball games.

I just got this to say:

You’ll get over it. I’ve been a fan since 1954. Losses used to hurt a lot to me as well but mostly when I felt the the team was still in the hunt or had just missed a great opportunity to stay in the hunt.

The current UK coach has made the program inconsequential. So no use to fret over any particular loss.

You are correct about the low talent level….and I pin A LOT of that on the Sharpe situation. You build your future teams out in planning years in advance and Sharpe was the center piece.
Yep. Losing Sharpe really hurt. This team would be so much different with a talent like him. Zero doubt that he would’ve been a dominant freshman. Oh well, that’s on Cal as well.

Livingston is the only player on the court that "looks like" he belongs in a UK uniform. He has his moments but the upside on this kid is certainly there. He just needs two or three years to blossom, and he won't get that here b/c Cal will push him into the draft on "potential" or he will transfer. This is the shit that drives me nuts. The only solution here is to disconnect from the source of the problem top to bottom and that's Calipari. He's just poison for this program. He won't change b/c we're just BBNies and we don't know shit ... while he continues to destroy this program.

I just got this to say:

I grew up watching those players as well. You are not alone. I was on campus during the Winston Bennett years, and I was fortunate enough to have lived through some of the golden years. Cal isn't convincing me to go along with his carpet-bagging, get-rich Ponzi Scheme version of Kentucky Basketball.

This just can’t be. All of these fans sick of CCC? But….but.. you’re in the minority, most of the fans still love him!!
I say BS!!!!!!
It's all the rage today donchaknow! Up is down, left is right, right is wrong etc..

Have you ever worked with someone who is burned out with their job? Most of the time they are floating along because they are just done and don't want to be at work, but they don't want to quit because they are making good money. Then comes a random occasion where they might do something again because it was interesting and then they go back to floating along until management makes the decision for them.
Worked with somebody ? Dude …I WAS that person. And honestly, practically everyone begins to do that starting in their late 50’s . imo. Even the ones that still like “part of” or “ most of” what they do , have areas that they just aren’t as good at or have lost their motivation to do their best at . That is why it means ZERO when people say “ he’s a HOF coach “ .

Yep. Losing Sharpe really hurt. This team would be so much different with a talent like him. Zero doubt that he would’ve been a dominant freshman. Oh well, that’s on Cal as well.
Yep. Diallio ( also from Canada) was going to do the same exact damn thing, but he didn’t get the draft projection he was hoping for. That it why it is ridiculous when people say Cal was “blindsided “ or “taken advantage of “ . Cal had to know what was up . He can’t be that stupid…..can he ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT