ADVERTISEMENT

I’m not buying it until mid January.

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
We could very well have a great team but I caution everyone. When cal gets “excited” or “swaggy” that’s not a good sign. Personally and watching the last two games with friends we talked about how all the previous 3-4 seasons cal has hyped the guys up now and backed off towards the season. This is the cycle everyone is sick of. This team still has a glaring weakness cal never addressed and it will show once we start playing other teams with nba talent and teams that are senior laden. Ugo and Bradshaw are going to be questionable for a while. I read ugo is out until October which will put him behind to start the season. Bradshaw the same not to mention he’s going to have to be our center. I’m really impressed with reed but at the same time I’m afraid cal won’t give him the clock he deserves. Reeves? I love him but we cannot live or die based on whether he is hot or not. These euro/Canadian teams play wide open. Thats not happening in the college game. Proceed with ⚠️ Cals butts on the line this season and I bet he ll scream go and run more than any other season. The question is will he adapt? Will he implement a zone when needed. Press when needed. Will he try to use depth or stick with 7 man rotation? Will he run an offense with a ton of movement off the ball and make sure the ball is always moving? Will we have a legit interior defense? Will cal play his best five or his favorite five? Will he play the best instead of his favorites. Will he run some actual set plays off the inbounds. Defend the inbounds? I mean cal has to not only bring the players but he has to do a 180 in terms of his coaching strategy’s. Will he finish teams off or continue the rock fight. Yeah we have talent. But down low is a big question mark and the biggest is Cals coaching. Will he change?

I know this if he doesn’t win this year big cal is toast.

We could very well have a great team but I caution everyone. When cal gets “excited” or “swaggy” that’s not a good sign. Personally and watching the last two games with friends we talked about how all the previous 3-4 seasons cal has hyped the guys up now and backed off towards the season. This is the cycle everyone is sick of. This team still has a glaring weakness cal never addressed and it will show once we start playing other teams with nba talent and teams that are senior laden. Ugo and Bradshaw are going to be questionable for a while. I read ugo is out until October which will put him behind to start the season. Bradshaw the same not to mention he’s going to have to be our center. I’m really impressed with reed but at the same time I’m afraid cal won’t give him the clock he deserves. Reeves? I love him but we cannot live or die based on whether he is hot or not. These euro/Canadian teams play wide open. Thats not happening in the college game. Proceed with ⚠️ Cals butts on the line this season and I bet he ll scream go and run more than any other season. The question is will he adapt? Will he implement a zone when needed. Press when needed. Will he try to use depth or stick with 7 man rotation? Will he run an offense with a ton of movement off the ball and make sure the ball is always moving? Will we have a legit interior defense? Will cal play his best five or his favorite five? Will he play the best instead of his favorites. Will he run some actual set plays off the inbounds. Defend the inbounds? I mean cal has to not only bring the players but he has to do a 180 in terms of his coaching strategy’s. Will he finish teams off or continue the rock fight. Yeah we have talent. But down low is a big question mark and the biggest is Cals coaching. Will he change?

I’m gonna be a cautions as well but I like what I have seen so far and this team has a lot more playmakers than the previous couple of years. But with these games let’s just enjoy that’s there’s basketball on in July and that this group will be a fun one

Damn and here I was enjoying the Toronto games.

Guess I’ll go kick my dog.
Have fun watching. I am too right now but never in my life have I seen so much excitement generated from games that don’t count don’t determine anything. Every team cal has looks great until he really starts training them. I still feel like the much hyped yet disappointing 22-23 season just ended

Didn't read the OP because he sucks at paragraphs.

I agree based on title of thread they have to prove it against talented teams like KU and Gonzaga. It's ok to enjoy the exhibitions though.
And enjoying the talent and depth and shooting ability and the fact 2 seven footers arent even playing yet but we are still winning and on and on…

7sodp6.jpg

And enjoying the talent and depth and shooting ability and the fact 2 seven footers arent even playing yet but we are still winning and on and on…
You were enjoying last year when we won a few games in a row in the sec last year. The money isn’t enjoying it right now. They aren’t watching this Canadian deal with excitement they are watching to see if there are serious changes taking place

Reactions: UKrazycat2

Does that mean you won't be posting in every thread that you're not buying it ??? 🙄🙄🙄

You were enjoying last year when we won a few games in a row in the sec last year. The money isn’t enjoying it right now. They aren’t watching this Canadian deal with excitement they are watching to see if there are serious changes taking place
You honestly comparing last yr to this yr?
Cal brought in 2 Five stars last yr. This yr in reality he has brought in five 5 stars and 2 of the top 3 in the country.

We have one or the best transfers in Mitchell and bring back 3 studs.

We are the best team in America right now and although I realize this obviously you do not.

Reactions: catman111

🤡

We’ve looked much better, so far, than I expected. The ball movement has been especially encouraging, with 51 assists on 66 made baskets thru 2 games. That is extremely impressive, IMO. And, I thought playing without UGO & AB would be a problem. We’ve done a great job of working around that.

But, these results are meaningless to me as far as using them as any sort of indicator for the season. The competition isn’t nearly as good as I thought it would be. But, our last 2 summer trips are the main reasons that I can’t get too excited about how we play in this tournament. We looked great & well ahead of schedule in 2019 & last season, too, & then saw a completely different team when the season started.

I got my hopes up, thinking that the early/extra practices & games together would give us an advantage & build adequate chemistry. And, that should’ve been the case. But, in the early parts of both ensuing seasons we came out looking like our players had never even met each other. So, I just can’t buy in, completely, no matter how good we look this week.

But, I’ll say again, I’ve been really impressed so far, on both ends of the court. We have looked really fast, defensively, closing gaps & jumping passing lanes. And, the length & quick hands of this team will be tough on offenses all season. We have several guys who can get their own shots & score from anywhere on the floor. The unselfishness & passing has been incredible. And, I do have higher expectations for this group than I’ve had for the last 3 teams. But, nothing I see this week will impact my opinion on the upcoming season, good, or, bad.

You honestly comparing last yr to this yr?
Cal brought in 2 Five stars last yr. This yr in reality he has brought in five 5 stars and 2 of the top 3 in the country.

We have one or the best transfers in Mitchell and bring back 3 studs.

We are the best team in America right now and although I realize this obviously you do not.
Here we go. How many times the last 3 years we’ve heard things changed, we brought in the blah blah blah? We kept these studs blah blah? Listen when it’s time to coach to win or make players happy we ll see. And if coach coaches to win and leaves guys in the cold let’s see how that affects chemistry. It’s always good until it matters. The other issue is if we don’t come out of nov dec with a real shot at a top seed watch out. I don’t think the donors are in to top 20 bb teams right now. And to my dismay they are backing Barney 110% and can take cal or leave him.

• Haha
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
We’ve looked much better, so far, than I expected. The ball movement has been especially encouraging, with 51 assists on 66 made baskets thru 2 games. That is extremely impressive, IMO. And, I thought playing without UGO & AB would be a problem. We’ve done a great job of working around that.

But, these results are meaningless to me as far as using them as any sort of indicator for the season. The competition isn’t nearly as good as I thought it would be. But, our last 2 summer trips are the main reasons that I can’t get too excited about how we play in this tournament. We looked great & well ahead of schedule in 2019 & last season, too, & then saw a completely different team when the season started.

I got my hopes up, thinking that the early/extra practices & games together would give us an advantage & build adequate chemistry. And, that should’ve been the case. But, in the early parts of both ensuing seasons we came out looking like our players had never even met each other. So, I just can’t buy in, completely, no matter how good we look this week.

But, I’ll say again, I’ve been really impressed so far, on both ends of the court. We have looked really fast, defensively, closing gaps & jumping passing lanes. And, the length & quick hands of this team will be tough on offenses all season. We have several guys who can get their own shots & score from anywhere on the floor. The unselfishness & passing has been incredible. And, I do have higher expectations for this group than I’ve had for the last 3 teams. But, nothing I see this week will impact my opinion on the upcoming season, good, or, bad.
110% this^^^^^

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Where's the rest of the LoD to give this guy some much needed support. Pretty one sided so far.
Lol there are is a lot of NIL money sitting and watching this season. They are LOD op I suppose? I found out more last week than 3 years of this forum. You should probably listen a little instead of jumping in headfirst

OK

They’ll struggle one game on a weeknight at home game against vandy and everyone will jump off the bandwagon lol. It happens every year.

Reactions: thedahc
What the heck does "the money" mean? Please enlighten us with all that you know.

Reactions: pedroborbon

angry-anger.gif

I will wait for the movie.

• Haha
Reactions: University-6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT