ADVERTISEMENT

I’m not buying it until mid January.

xcOa28O.png
Dude's been starting threads about you and having them deleted all summer. He thinks we're the same guy.

• Haha
Reactions: CatPhight
I don’t care about what fans think in this regard personally. This isn’t about the success of the program, this is just fans not feeling like their financial investment is justified. Which if that’s the case, stop buying tickets.

@Wildcats1st and @JHannibalSmith I couldn’t agree with the two of you more

Folks neither of these guys are telling you to not enjoy the games. Rather, both are advising caution and based on history I would do the same
We have a much better group of basketball players for sure. But we also still have the same coach. We’ve already been bitten by the injury bug.
So absolutely enjoy what you’re watching..from the highlights I’ve been able to see they look like a lot of fun.
But please…we’ve watched this movie before. Unless there’s a major plot twist it’s gonna have the same ending
you are a great poster but i have to ask
what history are you referring to
the last 3 years or the great run we had for about 8 years
i say sit back and enjoy and let the season playout

some like @Wildcats1st find every opportunity to troll (he has been doing this for a few years)
he goes fishing and catches a few (the number is going down)

Reactions: Graham51
L
you are a great poster but i have to ask
what history are you referring to
the last 3 years or the great run we had for about 8 years
i say sit back and enjoy and let the season playout

some like @Wildcats1st find every opportunity to troll (he has been doing this for a few years)
he goes fishing and catches a few (the number is going down)
We could have a national title team and our fans would be too ignorant to see it. If you can't see what the issue was from 21,22,23 then that's on you. Young talent that can create offense.
We have that once again and thank god we have the same coach for them. When he's had talent like that,we've been hard to beat

@Wildcats1st and @JHannibalSmith I couldn’t agree with the two of you more

Folks neither of these guys are telling you to not enjoy the games. Rather, both are advising caution and based on history I would do the same
We have a much better group of basketball players for sure. But we also still have the same coach. We’ve already been bitten by the injury bug.
So absolutely enjoy what you’re watching..from the highlights I’ve been able to see they look like a lot of fun.
But please…we’ve watched this movie before. Unless there’s a major plot twist it’s gonna have the same ending

With all due respect, if you can’t see the difference in this team vs the previous 3 years then I don’t know what to tell you. Yes, Cal is still our coach and I agree that there has been some obvious failures on his part over the years. Most of us were begging for a change in many things. But this team is built differently than any of those teams. It just is and that’s what fans are excited about. Yes, you have the right to be jaded. We all have the choice to be jaded and apprehensive. But we can also acknowledge the changes that were made and be excited. This team is different than any team that Cal has built since he arrived on campus. Isn’t that what we were asking for as fans? A new scheme and a new philosophy?

With that said, most everyone has been begging for changes. Most all of us has been begging for Cal to change his style, philosophies, and team building. That’s exactly what has happened thus far this year. With the addition of the Croatian today, he is now married to that style for this year. No way around that style with the roster build. It’s so obvious that he has bought in to a new style and embraced it with this team.

Ya’ll can be jaded and be apprehensive all you want but he’s doing EXACTLY what lots of us has been asking. And this post is not directed at your specifically BKO at all, it’s directed for everyone. We can’t change the past! We all have been begging for a change and it looks at though that change is happening now. So, give him some credit!! We can complain but we also need to give credit for what he has done with this team build. It’s built for modern basketball. It’s built the way that WE wanted!

I’ve been on this board for over a decade and I don’t even visit much these days because of all the idiots on here. The arguments and pettiness dominates every single thread. It pains me to see. We used to make fun of other boards for doing it and now it’s taken over this place that I used to love. We’ve become the joke because of these idiots.

Cal is doing what we asked. Let it ride! All of us can be cautious but give credit where credit is due! He’s built this team differently and he’s bought into a different style. There is NO WAY that he can play Oscar ball and constantly dump to the block with this team. He’s not hampered by players that can’t get by their man to get to the rim. He’s not limited by lack of playmakers that can’t create offense. That’s a lot of what we’ve all been asking for over the past few years. It’s impossible to play that way with this roster. So, it’s obvious there have been changes. If you criticize someone, you should commend them when they begin to do what you wanted. It’s all gonna be perfect and it gonna take time for figure out. I hope our fans realize this cause change doesn’t happen overnight. But Cal is making change and like I said, if you’re going to criticize and demand change, then you need to give credit when changes are made.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDcatfan13
Cal in the EE up 14 with 8 minutes, with this group, is going to run go run or Cal stall ball? Which door you picking? For me I gotta see some of the season and close games before I say we are back or Cal changed his stripes. We have seen preseason talent equate to a first round exit to many times.

With all due respect, if you can’t see the difference in this team vs the previous 3 years then I don’t know what to tell you. Yes, Cal is still our coach and I agree that there has been some obvious failures on his part over the years. Most of us were begging for a change in many things. But this team is built differently than any of those teams. It just is and that’s what fans are excited about. Yes, you have the right to be jaded. We all have the choice to be jaded and apprehensive. But we can also acknowledge the changes that were made and be excited. This team is different than any team that Cal has built since he arrived on campus. Isn’t that what we were asking for as fans? A new scheme and a new philosophy?

With that said, most everyone has been begging for changes. Most all of us has been begging for Cal to change his style, philosophies, and team building. That’s exactly what has happened thus far this year. With the addition of the Croatian today, he is now married to that style for this year. No way around that style with the roster build. It’s so obvious that he has bought in to a new style and embraced it with this team.

Ya’ll can be jaded and be apprehensive all you want but he’s doing EXACTLY what lots of us has been asking. And this post is not directed at your specifically BKO at all, it’s directed for everyone. We can’t change the past! We all have been begging for a change and it looks at though that change is happening now. So, give him some credit!! We can complain but we also need to give credit for what he has done with this team build. It’s built for modern basketball. It’s built the way that WE wanted!

I’ve been on this board for over a decade and I don’t even visit much these days because of all the idiots on here. The arguments and pettiness dominates every single thread. It pains me to see. We used to make fun of other boards for doing it and now it’s taken over this place that I used to love. We’ve become the joke because of these idiots.

Cal is doing what we asked. Let it ride! All of us can be cautious but give credit where credit is due! He’s built this team differently and he’s bought into a different style. There is NO WAY that he can play Oscar ball and constantly dump to the block with this team. He’s not hampered by players that can’t get by their man to get to the rim. He’s not limited by lack of playmakers that can’t create offense. That’s a lot of what we’ve all been asking for over the past few years. It’s impossible to play that way with this roster. So, it’s obvious there have been changes. If you criticize someone, you should commend them when they begin to do what you wanted. It’s all gonna be perfect and it gonna take time for figure out. I hope our fans realize this cause change doesn’t happen overnight. But Cal is making change and like I said, if you’re going to criticize and demand change, then you need to give credit when changes are made.
Cal is not "doing what we asked", the way he was doing things completely caught up to him this summer. He might live in a mansion in Lexington, but that guy listens to every fan and all he hears is Grandpa Winch on The Beverly Hillbillies.

I want to thank both @mebeblue2 and @UKCATSFREAK for their respectful responses
While I don’t agree with you guys I do appreciate you ..see folks you CAN disagree respectfully

For all: I am quite cynical regarding Calipari. I simply cannot get hopes up any more. And yes there was that run early on which is why this coach got the pass he did for the last few years
And if it were just a matter of winning or losing I’d be less cynical. He allowed our program to be held hostage by a few entitled players and he dismissed much of the fan base as ignorant. He refused to make changes until public outcry forced his hand
Will I be happy if this team wins it all? Absolutely
But it will not change how I feel about Calipari

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT