ADVERTISEMENT

I’m as pissed as anyone…

UkMccurdy

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 21, 2021
Eastwood, Ky
I wanted Cal fired two years ago. I’m really frustrated with Mitch. I’m struggling with seeing my alma mater drop from elite status the last handful
Of years.

With that said, I think we all need to breathe a bit. This isn’t going well. This board is the only solace for some to vent and find others who love the program as much as them.

Let’s argue, let’s fight, let’s tease, let’s commend… but let’s not call each other out as bad fans.

We are fans. That is why we are here. I really hope we can keep some sense of humor and not attack one another during this time.

Give it to Mitch (who has been a really good AD guys but has royally botched this) and give it to Cal.

Let’s just be kind to each other. Nobody in BBN on Rafters caused this mess. We just want to see wins and enjoy success.

Have a good day fellas.

Go Big Blue

You had better have an adequate (next) coach ready before bye bye Cal (or else).

This is basically where I am too. Sad, frustrated, and just clinging for anything positive to hope for going forward. I thought a coaching change would be best for the program going forward too, but now that a final decision has been made, I just don't see the point in staying miserable.

The amount of absolute hate and vitriol being spewed on this message board is insane. Just like I tell my 5 year old, if you are upset and mad about something, no amount of stomping your feet and crying is going to change the situation. I hope at some point everyone can collectively take a deep breath, and refocus on what we can do, and that's to be fans of our favorite team. This isn't life and death. This is just basketball.

Agree with every post here except rockfly 😂😂

The board is becoming very toxic because everyone is upset one way or another. I also believe there are some non UK fans on here posing and egging it on and laughing about it.

It’s completely ok to be upset that Cal wasn’t let go and completely ok to not have a problem with it. Instead of hating and arguing, the board should unite as a fan base and talk about what we hope to see in the future.

I believe change is coming. If Cal doesn’t right the ship this upcoming season I would be extremely surprised if it wasn’t the end of his tenure. This also gives Mitch or whoever it is enough time to find the RIGHT guy to take over. A lot of names thrown around were just not good fits for what it takes here.

I realize some want Cal gone at any cost even if it took hiring a random but patience will pay off.

Reactions: bgood4UK
I wanted Cal fired two years ago. I’m really frustrated with Mitch. I’m struggling with seeing my alma mater drop from elite status the last handful
Of years.

With that said, I think we all need to breathe a bit. This isn’t going well. This board is the only solace for some to vent and find others who love the program as much as them.

Let’s argue, let’s fight, let’s tease, let’s commend… but let’s not call each other out as bad fans.

We are fans. That is why we are here. I really hope we can keep some sense of humor and not attack one another during this time.

Give it to Mitch (who has been a really good AD guys but has royally botched this) and give it to Cal.

Let’s just be kind to each other. Nobody in BBN on Rafters caused this mess. We just want to see wins and enjoy success.

Have a good day fellas.

Go Big Blue
I’m with you teach. Let’s go!

This is basically where I am too. Sad, frustrated, and just clinging for anything positive to hope for going forward. I thought a coaching change would be best for the program going forward too, but now that a final decision has been made, I just don't see the point in staying miserable.

The amount of absolute hate and vitriol being spewed on this message board is insane. Just like I tell my 5 year old, if you are upset and mad about something, no amount of stomping your feet and crying is going to change the situation. I hope at some point everyone can collectively take a deep breath, and refocus on what we can do, and that's to be fans of our favorite team. This isn't life and death. This is just basketball.

Oh shut the hell up!!

Kidding kidding 😜

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
If fans here are representative of the population at large, then fans here did contribute to this. I have no interest in attending games to watch a coach who plays guys in favor of their draft status.

There are a plethora of reasons I’ve disliked Calipari the last few years but this one. I mean I don’t understand how anyone can not be on board with thinking that is absurd and insane.

What’s crazy is this wasn’t “leaked” or from an inside source. Calipari openly admitted that he didn’t play Reed/ his best players in order to not hurt the feelings of other players. He brazenly admitted it. That is just so wild to me.

Now put your thinking cap on and ask yourself…is this the only time it’s happened? Probably not. So our coach plays his NBA guys or plays guys he made promises too. He plays guys who are not as good in favor of guys that are better to not hurt their feelings.

It just solidifies the argument that Calipari’s main or even a top focus is not to win SEC titles or NCAA titles. He’s openly admitted that too but this just proves it even more.

I have been ready for Cal to leave too for a couple of years but he's here for next year at least it looks like. No matter who the coach is I hope they win the championship. Cal has squandered more talent and opportunities to win championships than anyone I know. If we take a step back and take a deep breath the decision to keep him for another year was probably the best. With the buyout amount, having to buyout another coach to come, and plus the new coach's salary was probably impossible to overcome. I didn't listen to his show with Tom Leach but it sounds like he's willing to make changes. Whether he does or not, time will tell. Obviously, if he doesn't he will be gone. I hope he does make changes because in the long run it will be for the best. I don't see any other coach out there that really excites me. Not anyone can handle coaching at Kentucky. Cal seemed to be the perfect match when he was hired. If he can change his attitude, get a little humble and hungry, and change his priority to winning for Kentucky then there's probably nobody that can be better here. Hopefully, he has realized that the big majority of BBN was calling for his job will wake him up. If next year is no different, he ain't seen nothing of how the wrath will be. Barnhart's job is on the line too for allowing this.

There are a plethora of reasons I’ve disliked Calipari the last few years but this one. I mean I don’t understand how anyone can not be on board with thinking that is absurd and insane.

What’s crazy is this wasn’t “leaked” or from an inside source. Calipari openly admitted that he didn’t play Reed/ his best players in order to not hurt the feelings of other players. He brazenly admitted it. That is just so wild to me.

Now put your thinking cap on and ask yourself…is this the only time it’s happened? Probably not. So our coach plays his NBA guys or plays guys he made promises too. He plays guys who are not as good in favor of guys that are better to not hurt their feelings.

It just solidifies the argument that Calipari’s main or even a top focus is not to win SEC titles or NCAA titles. He’s openly admitted that too but this just proves it even more.
Of course it's not the first time he's done, he's been doing it since he got here.

I have been ready for Cal to leave too for a couple of years but he's here for next year at least it looks like. No matter who the coach is I hope they win the championship. Cal has squandered more talent and opportunities to win championships than anyone I know. If we take a step back and take a deep breath the decision to keep him for another year was probably the best. With the buyout amount, having to buyout another coach to come, and plus the new coach's salary was probably impossible to overcome. I didn't listen to his show with Tom Leach but it sounds like he's willing to make changes. Whether he does or not, time will tell. Obviously, if he doesn't he will be gone. I hope he does make changes because in the long run it will be for the best. I don't see any other coach out there that really excites me. Not anyone can handle coaching at Kentucky. Cal seemed to be the perfect match when he was hired. If he can change his attitude, get a little humble and hungry, and change his priority to winning for Kentucky then there's probably nobody that can be better here. Hopefully, he has realized that the big majority of BBN was calling for his job will wake him up. If next year is no different, he ain't seen nothing of how the wrath will be. Barnhart's job is on the line too for allowing this.
Cal is not changing his attitude, getting a little more humble and hungry, or changing his priority to winning for Kentucky. He just told you the other day that he's NOT CHANGING. He said that because he knew he had UK by the balls with that contract. He thinks he's in the right here.

As long as most people don’t go down this road again I can easily go with this and wait for another season, as I don’t believe Calipari will last past another season anyway. And I’m of the opinion that Mitch isn’t even going to want to make the next hire. So a lot of changes are coming but, allowing a salesman to sell our own fans and program on some of these things shouldn’t happen again. Convincing people that who starts doesn’t matter, lying over and over, saying winning isn’t the priority should never be accepted again.

The guy that’s screaming about how noble he is, is the guy that doesn’t have a noble trait.

As long as UK learns from this and some of these same mistakes don’t happen again I think we might be okay. And no one else, past winning a lot of national titles, will ever get a contract like that here again. Obviously a lot of people needed a huge learning curve here (why I don’t know) but hopefully….

I'm pretty kind to fellow UK fans

Calunatics?
That's a different story...

I have to say, it’s quite unbelievable considering Calipari is fairly easy to read in terms of bullshit artist.

The one that really shocked me was convincing people not starting your two best players, two lottery picks at that, is a smart move to make. I feel bad for anyone who bought that lol.

It was easy to see he cared more about Wagner’s and Edwards’ situation over the team. No coach has ever done that because that’s not how this works. lol. I was floored week after week reading how so many that bought into that. Considering our fan base it’s quite unbelievable actually.

Last edited:
Of years.

Have a good day fellas.

Go Big Blue
Need to take your kumba yah elsewhere the shit show continues

DJ isn’t the only one. He did this last year too. Calling the fans Bennies for questioning the lineup. He played a ten man lineup with zero consistency. You never knew who was coming in for who. We played all 3 centers in the loss to Houston. Any time players returned, he played freshman the same minute. That’s clearly protecting draft stock. With our talent starter’s should have been the best player at that position. They come out long enough to rest and go back in. No more than 8. Cal wouldn’t do that. He HAD TO GIVE EVERYONE EQUAL CHANCE. That was to protect draft stock too. He cares more abou Not hurting feelings and protecting draft stock than winning. He wants to do both and win. That, unfortunately is not happening.

As long as most people don’t go down this road again I can easily go with this and wait for another season, as I don’t believe Calipari will last past another season anyway. And I’m of the opinion that Mitch isn’t even going to want to make the next hire. So a lot of changes are coming but, allowing a salesman to sell our own fans and program on some of these things shouldn’t happen again. Convincing people that who starts doesn’t matter, lying over and over, saying winning isn’t the priority should never be accepted again.

The guy that’s screaming about how noble he is, is the guy that doesn’t have a noble trait.

As long as UK learns from this and some of these same mistakes don’t happen again I think we might be okay. And no one else, past winning a lot of national titles, will ever get a contract like that here again. Obviously a lot of people needed a huge learning curve here (why I don’t know) but hopefully….
It just goes to show you how effective propaganda can be. Everything starts off rational, you win a championship and next thing you know 12 years later you’re excusing losing to St. Peter’s, UNCW and Oakland. This is why as the great Aaron Tippin once said, “you’ve got to stand for something or you’ll fall for anything”.

Reactions: 2StepShep
Agree with every post here except rockfly 😂😂

The board is becoming very toxic because everyone is upset one way or another. I also believe there are some non UK fans on here posing and egging it on and laughing about it.

It’s completely ok to be upset that Cal wasn’t let go and completely ok to not have a problem with it. Instead of hating and arguing, the board should unite as a fan base and talk about what we hope to see in the future.

I believe change is coming. If Cal doesn’t right the ship this upcoming season I would be extremely surprised if it wasn’t the end of his tenure. This also gives Mitch or whoever it is enough time to find the RIGHT guy to take over. A lot of names thrown around were just not good fits for what it takes here.

I realize some want Cal gone at any cost even if it took hiring a random but patience will pay off.
Respect your opinion, truly. Who cares about change any longer, those that cared made an opinion years ago. It is now the same old speak and the same old hum-drum results. Patience has not paid off. Remember that.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Respect your opinion, truly. Who cares about change any longer, those that cared made an opinion years ago. It is now the same old speak and the same old hum-drum results. Patience has not paid off. Remember that.
The one and done was trending down leading up to Covid, after it has been a disaster. Covid lockdowns changed a lot in this country. Mostly the rise of social media and gaming. H S kids look like out of shape twigs. They are more concerned with their profiles than their bodies. It also allowed guys already in college to bulk up and play 6 years. That has killed his system. Even Sheppard is a little pudgy and we know he had WAY more guidance than the inner city kids. We had Brandon Boston, and TYTY Washington following the lockdown. Enough said.

Reactions: CASblue
You had better have an adequate (next) coach ready before bye bye Cal (or else).
How is scott drew not adequate? He’s top 2 or 3 coaches in the game. You people would kick with both legs broken. You want cal gone, but you dont, but you do, but we cant hire a dud like drew. Some of you dont know a thing about what you’re even talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT