ADVERTISEMENT

I’m a Little Disappointed Hamdan’s Fast Paste Offense Hasn’t Been Mentioned.

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
Seriously, after nearly a decade of bitching and moaning about the slow rate of play, making our (multiple) OCs the escape goat of our losses, I thought our fast(er) paste offense would get at least a thread of its own.

Maybe it wasn’t full boar, like UT runs, but it was better than the passed efforts that often saw the play clock expire or come darn close.

Shirley, others agree!

Seriously, after nearly a decade of bitching and moaning about the slow rate of play, making our (multiple) OCs the escape goat of our losses, I thought our fast(er) paste offense would get at least a thread of its own.

Maybe it wasn’t full boar, like UT runs, but it was better than the passed efforts that often saw the play clock expire or come darn close.

Shirley, others agree!
I was just glad to sea he was well verst in game management…

I was really happy with the fast paste Brock thru on the run to BB. That ability that Brock has to speed up the paste is amazin. Coach Stoops has no chance of slowing down the paste with Brock and Hamden. Hamden probably be here less than 2 years before NFL teams be callin and Brock defitly gone after season.

Last edited:

Shirley, others agree!
Well, he only got off 44 plays in the game. About like last year. That ain't fast paste.

• Haha
Reactions: Dead Cat Bounce

Shirley, others agree!
I agree..

iu

Shirley, others agree!
I agree, but could ewe please be more pacific on who Shirley is?

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack
Well, he only got off 44 plays in the game. About like last year. That ain't fast paste.
We ran seven more plays in the first half than last years average, would be fourteen for the game had it been played to its entirety. Still seemed a little slow but could have been from first game communication. IDK, just happy we one.

Shirley, others agree!
In all seriousness I think Barrack Vandergrifts looked really good in Butch Hampton’s offense. Not sure if it’s true but someone said he was a grad assistant under Earvin Myers at UF back in the day.

• Haha
We ran 42 O plays in 35 minutes vs. SM. that calculates to 72 in full 60 minutes - well above last season's average. Of course it was SM, not GA or TX.
Is there a statistic for snaps per time on offense ??
If your defense is on the field a lot, then it seems your snap counts would have to go down.
Thanks, in advance.

Tenn fans were bitching that we were copying their offense... LOL. Who knew that Tenn invented a style that didn't include orage overalls and a rat tail?

No way, I didn't see one bottle of mustard hit the field. Next those clowns will be claiming they invented the forward pass.

But a bit of irony about that place. Years ago when Fulmer was still coaching and early in Richt's time at UGA he was running a little HUNH offense. The Vols complained to SEC office about it and officials stood over ball so the vols could sub. Now their offense depends on snapping the ball before defense is read.

Sign you’re a newbie if you don’t understand this thread!

While I’m at it, let me add that Barion Brown was running too fast across the middle causing him to drop that pass. BB’s speed causes him to get too open sometimes, thus losing focus on catching the ball.
A buddy of mine had a dog he used for rabbit hunting once that actually was too fast running rabbits.. It would over run the rabbits he was chasing.. Broke his leg and had to amputate the leg.. After that he was perfect for running rabbits where slowed him down some.. Called him tripod after that..

Yew kaiynte run faste payste win the
squad was recruited fore a smooth boar aproach,…..rather than kintuckE riyfle for the more purrsiyce a-tack,… Hack.

The D fince rests…

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT