ADVERTISEMENT

Prime Time

I wish Tim McCarver had bitch slapped him.

Back on topic, I hope he stays where he is, or somewhere inferior.

Have to think their fans are backing off that one a bit after Deion is getting exposed at the P5 level.
Year 1....4-8 (last place in Pac 10)
Year 2....we'll see how it plays out. But I see 6 wins-ish in a watered down Big 12.

And no Travis Hunter or Shaddeur Sanders to take with him to next school.
An offense with all passing, little running, no command of LOS on either side of the ball, the roster turned over each year, etc...

I don't think he's near as attractive coach as he was before Colorado.

Year 2....we'll see how it plays out. But I see 6 wins-ish in a watered down Big 12.

An offense with all passing, little running, no command of LOS on either side of the ball, the roster turned over each year, etc...

^Spot on, K-Time. Throw in his petulance now that the local Denver media has dared to question his coaching acumen and I'm not sure Prime Time is ready for Prime Time. Once his son and Hunter leave, they could pretty easily fall to <.500 in a watered down B12. That's not going to cause Deion's phone to ring every offseason, for sure.

^Spot on, K-Time. Throw in his petulance now that the local Denver media has dared to question his coaching acumen and I'm not sure Prime Time is ready for Prime Time. Once his son and Hunter leave, they could pretty easily fall to <.500 in a watered down B12. That's not going to cause Deion's phone to ring every offseason, for sure.

They didn't even go .500 last year with them. 6 and 6 this year would be a minor miracle. Guy is a clown show.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Deion would recruit at an elite level at Florida state. But he needs a good season this year. 4-8 coming off a team that had one 1 game the year before isn’t bad but with Travis and his son at QB they need to get to at least 7 this year

How in the world can Norvell be on the hot seat? They were 13-1 last year. This isn't 1990. FSU was an unbelievable mess when he got there. Willie Taggert should be arrested for the thievery he did while there.

He isnt on the hot seat. He will probably end up 8 and 4 or something similar due to weak acc and weak Florida. If they somehow win out (doubtful) they would be 6 and 2 in acc and that may be enough to make conference title game.

They are looking dead but not 100% dead yet. No more margin for error though.

Having a good year at FCS Jackson State and then moving up to the big leagues and going 4-8 will NOT get him the job at FSU.

Has won 5 games at Colorado :
2024 - ND State (Missouri Valley Conf. recent D1 entry)(barely 31-26)
2023 - 5-7 TCU (45-42)
2023 - 5-7 Nebraska ( 36-14)
2023 - 5-7 Colorado State (43-35)
2023 - 3-9 Arizona State (27-24)

Won his first 3 games at Colorado, then lost 8 out his last 9 last year.

5 wins, 4 against teams with a losing record and 1 against a FCS school recently joining the Missouri Valley Conference, is NOT FSU head coaching material. Based strictly on results, he couldn't land the Vandy job, much less somewhere like FSU.
Lets see how he fares against Nebraska this week, Baylor, @ UCF, Kansas State, Arizona, Utah, Kansas, OK State, then we can talk. His defense makes Pac 12 schools look stout. ND State hung 26 on them and should have scored a more. He is NOT liked by former players, look at the transfers out every year. What is he gonna do when Travis Hunter and Shedeur Sanders are gone ?

Reactions: Lost In FL
To Free Shoes

You heard it here first
My dad played ball there and is a booster. There is almost zero chance that is happening. He has a terrible relationship with the school and many of the boosters. He even denied being a Nole during a press conference because he said he just played ball there, but that's not where he graduated from.

No, because, for one thing, Norvell is not getting fired.
FSU preseason thought they were going to be top dog again. Starting 0-2 was not even a thought in their heads. He could win out the rest of the year and admin and fans are still not going to be happy. Norvell is failing at a major football U. Sometimes (with money as big as it is) donors get what they ask for, and if the right people call for his head, he be gone. I never say never. Things have changed.

FSU preseason thought they were going to be top dog again. Starting 0-2 was not even a thought in their heads. He could win out the rest of the year and admin and fans are still not going to be happy. Norvell is failing at a major football U. Sometimes (with money as big as it is) donors get what they ask for, and if the right people call for his head, he be gone. I never say never. Things have changed.
He just signed an extension which would cost Florida St., a program not exactly with limitless funds, 31 million. What Texas A&M did by eating Fisher's buyout was not going to norm. He also took Florida St. to an unbeaten regular season last year. I don't know if any coach in recent history has been fired one season removed from that kind of season. If it somehow happen, not only it is questionable that Stoops would be the first choice, especially considering the money it would take, it's questionable that Stoops would want to go there.

BINGO one of his callings.that got him a P5 job period was.being.able to bring a elite WR/CB and a good QB and Safety. He doesn't have the luxury of taking Travis and the 2 sanders kids that he raised so what little stock he's had had dwindled.

Reactions: K_TIME
He just signed an extension which would cost Florida St., a program not exactly with limitless funds, 31 million. What Texas A&M did by eating Fisher's buyout was not going to norm. He also took Florida St. to an unbeaten regular season last year. I don't know if any coach in recent history has been fired one season removed from that kind of season. If it somehow happen, not only it is questionable that Stoops would be the first choice, especially considering the money it would take, it's questionable that Stoops would want to go there.
All fair points. Thing is once a coach is caught shopping around that typically does not stop once caught. Stoops is good at what he does, has been great and will continue to be great for UK, as long as he wants to be here.

Fla State is a place that it would not surprise me what they do as they are trying to get out of ACC, trying to fight that and wants to be wanted by SEC or Big10/20. Neither seems to be all that interested in them at this point, at least in public (what is being put out there). Behind doors, who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT