ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley staying at UConn - CBS

It was always a no. You guys still holding out hope are high on something, and I'm about as optimistic a person as they come. If we really, really think about it... The best fit is Bruce Pearl.

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
This sh+t show is going to result in a lackluster hire that's going to get canned after a handful of years short of some insane surprise.

Going to end up with that slob Bruce Pearl or someone else in that third tier.

Get a young guy that is hungry. Someone who really wants the job and isn’t scared.
Now that the front runners have passed Mitch will be getting applicants who want it.

Hope he looks at guys like Todd Golden. I have been very impressed with him on and off the court. I’m sure there are others.

He said no, and if you think MB wasn't making contact and putting feelers out there with agents all those days during Cal's violin exit, you're dumber than i thought you were with that post of yours. His name was the loudest, and he shit it down asap. I know it hurts your tiny little brain, but he said no to the job
Ok. Continue on with your name calling.

You win. I don't care enough about this absurd topic to continue.

Reactions: TM2013
Oates was very clear publicly he isn't interested in the job. But you carry on with your fantasies my friend.
The only reason Oats wasn't interested had nothing to do with the actual job. It was all about timing. According to reports, he can't leave Alabama right now due to some ongoing custody issues due to a separation from his wife. I don't know how true that is but that is what I have seen.

The only reason Oats wasn't interested had nothing to do with the actual job. It was all about timing. According to reports, he can't leave Alabama right now due to some ongoing custody issues due to a separation from his wife. I don't know how true that is but that is what I have seen.
Oof. That sucks.

Not just the wives but the ex-wives screwing us too

Reactions: IIIBradIII
If he turned down a rhetorical 20 million it was never about the money. And that’s fine.

Problem is those UConn yankee bastards will be more obnoxious than ever.
Best way to shut them dumb@$$es up is meet them in the tournament and knock them out if it!

Oates was very clear publicly he isn't interested in the job. But you carry on with your fantasies my friend.
He was not. He released the kind of statement everyone releases when they might take a new job. Have you ever followed a coaching search before? I’m so surprised how many people don’t know this.

Source for that? I’ve seen people parroting it on here a few times over the past couple of days, but it feels like a conspiracy as to the supposed real reason he isn’t coming to Kentucky more than anything. Even for a fairly private person, a divorce/custody dispute would be hard to keep completely out of the public record, and literally the only thing I can find related to it online are the Rafters posts where I first saw it.

If he was a hard NO from the beginning why fly up to get used for leverage ? Who is on this mysterious jet we are tracking ? Mitch ? Assistant AD"s ? Ely ? Dang I'm not a downer ( yet) in this coaching search but getting turned down in a matter of an hour or so with a 100 mil' offer is .. concerning . You had to have feelers out there .. I assume hurley could have lied ( shock) to achieve a stronger position with the taxpayers of Conn . after all, libs dont give a shit about the taxpayers

Source for that? I’ve seen people parroting it on here a few times over the past couple of days, but it feels like a conspiracy as to the supposed real reason he isn’t coming to Kentucky more than anything. Even for a fairly private person, a divorce/custody dispute would be hard to keep completely out of the public record, and literally the only thing I can find related to it online are the Rafters posts where I first saw it.
I honestly don't remember where I saw it. Just that I have seen it in a couple places. With the various places I have been refreshing constantly the past couple days like here and twitter, I don't know which is why I said I am not sure how true it is in that last sentence.

If he was a hard NO from the beginning why fly up to get used for leverage ? Who is on this mysterious jet we are tracking ? Mitch ? Assistant AD"s ? Ely ? Dang I'm not a downer ( yet) in this coaching search but getting turned down in a matter of an hour or so with a 100 mil' offer is .. concerning . You had to have feelers out there .. I assume hurley could have lied ( shock) to achieve a stronger position with the taxpayers of Conn . after all, libs dont give a shit about the taxpayers
Force Uconn to use up resources for a coach, drain their NIL ability. Looks like a win.

HAHAHAHA. I said all week Hurley wouldnt take the job for 20 million a year, UCONN has proven to him they'll help him win titles and Barnhart withheld help and support for Cal for a decade now because football first asshat loved his 8 win seasons .. I love stoops but that program is not worth being a football first AD....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT