ADVERTISEMENT

How many times

Aike

All-American
Mar 18, 2002
Can one team get beaten on under the basket out of bounds?

That’s a fireable offense in itself. It’s embarrassing.

Explain to me how the staff can see that, even once in a game, and not correct it?

Explain how they can see it THREE TIMES in one game, and then still not fix it two weeks later?

Is anybody doing any defensive coaching on that sideline?

Explain to me how the staff can see that, even once in a game, and not correct it?

Explain how they can see it THREE TIMES in one game, and then still not fix it two weeks later?

Your comments reminds me of the time Larry Bird was going off on the Utah Jazz and Bird asked then coach Frank Layden as he ran by him "Coach have you got anybody on that bench who can guard me" Frank looked down his bench then turned around to Bird and shook his head no. So the answer to your spot on comments is no. It is beyond ridiculous any middle school coach would figure it out, it defies logic.

I've posted on this for several yrs now. Go ZONE on the out of bounds!!! Also, stop have big men defend the pick n roll beyond the 3 point line. I'm convinced these coaches either don't know what we're lead to believe or Cal is the most stubborn dude ever. Either way, make a freaking adjustment.

I'm convinced that Calipari's style is "coaching while holding your breath." He doesn't coach to win. He coaches to maintain leads, and everyone - from the players to the fans to the coaches - can feel it. It feels like being trapped in a submarine where the air pocket is getting smaller and smaller as the vessel takes on more and more water.

Cal coaches in such a way as to reflect "just hanging on" to that air pocket. The players feel it because it's reflected in Calipari himself.

No, the coaches on the bench get yelled at and stared down if they say anything other than” Let’s go “

Reactions: CatPhight and Aike
I've posted on this for several yrs now. Go ZONE on the out of bounds!!! Also, stop have big men defend the pick n roll beyond the 3 point line. I'm convinced these coaches either don't know what we're lead to believe or Cal is the most stubborn dude ever. Either way, make a freaking adjustment.
Done bash Cal. He make 9 mil a year. He’s smarter than us common folks. It’s always the players fault. 🤪

It truly boggles the mind. There are SO MANY simple things that keep happening, game after game, season after season. Simple day one things. And they never get fixed. It's ridiculous. Things any coach at any level fix in a week. Not Cal. The man simply can NOT coach basketball.

Hall of Famer my arse. That guy rode the coat tails of naturally born talented players into the HOF. The guy shouldn't even be referred to as a "coach". It's disrespectful to real coaches who actually work their butt off at their profession.

I am a 50 year plus fan I have never seen that with any team in college basketball and regularly it happens. The best example of coaching is compare uk when they beat Carolina and how much they have progressed defensively vs how good Carolina has become defensively they are smothering and hustle all over the court. Uk looks clueless and are incredibly soft. This many good players and he done this with them pathetic.

Been going on for years. God forbid he throw a standard 2-3 out in those situations - the bare minimum of strategy.

Reactions: Aike and CatPhight
Cal might have given a shit at some point during his tenure but he's past that though. He's only here for the paycheck and TV time.

Reactions: CatPhight
6jI2VWm.png

Idk if you listened to the postgame show, I do sometimes, and jones & the fans were talking about practice and out of bounds situations came up. And apparently cal doesn’t belive or doesn’t practice much situations like that because they don’t happen in games that often, he only wants to spend time on stuff that happens in a game more often

Idk if you listened to the postgame show, I do sometimes, and jones and the fans were talking and practice and out of kind situations came up. And apparently cal doesn’t belive or doesn’t practice much situations like that because they don’t happen in games that often, he only wants to spend time on stuff that happens in a game more often
Didn’t listen

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Cal might have given a shit at some point during his tenure but he's past that though. He's only here for the paycheck and TV time.
2019 with pj and herro was the last time I truly believe he was all in, and was as prepared as a head coach of Kentucky should be

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT