ADVERTISEMENT

How many times are we going to get burned on under basket inbound passes ?

The best was hearing Bradshaw talk about how south Carolina knew they could get it all night because we defend it the same way every time and Georgia got good looks using a similar action.

Do we not self scout? If it was that obvious, how'd noone on our side see it before another team cashed in all night long.

Then the lack of recognition and adjustment in game.

Just horrifically bad look

I think we finally have an answer to the Cal experiment. Can a coach that gets the top talent in all of basketball still win games even though he is an inferior X&O coach. I mean how unprepared were we on guarding those three straight inbounds plays, same play the team we played the game before used and then he still can't make a in game adjustment tonight. And he has no tools in the tool box for games like these, a zone,3-2, 1-2-2 best for good shooting teams and some sort of full court trapping zone because we never pratice them or use them in games to see what might work.

The best was hearing Bradshaw talk about how south Carolina knew they could get it all night because we defend it the same way every time and Georgia got good looks using a similar action.

Do we not self scout? If it was that obvious, how'd noone on our side see it before another team cashed in all night long.

Then the lack of recognition and adjustment in game.

Just horrifically bad look
Bradshaw said that?! 🤣

Zone all the under our basket inbounds!!!! All of them. Then switch into your man to man.
This is the correct answer.

As everyone else has stated: it's been this way since Cal arrived. Now, it's borderline coaching malfeasance.

U K is paying $9million a year for a $ 100,000 coach. I thought maybe, just maybe, he could take the most talented roster he's had since '15, and allow the talent to win #9 ; basically like what happened in 2012.

Cal is, without question, the absolute worst X and O's coach we've ever had.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
That is what happens when you don't zone under the basket out of bounds. We give up 2 or 3 per game and everybody knows what we are going to do so they work on those plays knowing they can get some easy baskets.
Yep, that's Basketball Coaching 101. Zone when the other team is inbounding the ball under your basket. Rotate to a man once they get it in, if you must. But do not let them inbound the ball directly under the basket. These are the basic type of things that have always frustrated me about Cal. He knows better, he's just stubborn for no good reason.

Yep, that's Basketball Coaching 101. Zone when the other team is inbounding the ball under your basket. Rotate to a man once they get it in, if you must. But do not let them inbound the ball directly under the basket. These are the basic type of things that have always frustrated me about Cal. He knows better, he's just stubborn for no good reason.
You are so correct, I coached 26 years, played high school and college, used to go to every coaching clinic I could find and zoning under the basket is basketball 101.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
The problem is there’s actual coaching going on with other teams which is part of scouting. We have always had the inbound defender “take” the first option for the other team then his defender come to guard the ball. If you set multiple screens and most definitely for the first guy then you will get wide open & coaches are flashing him to rim or to the paint. Our coaches haven’t figured that out when I saw this during the Georgia game. Again, scouting is part of coaching….101.

We have alot more problems going on than just the inbounds play. We would have still lost even if we had shut down those plays. So Is the problem coaching or could it be we just have shitty players, un -coachable players., I see atleast six players that should be able to play in the NBA. But those plays just amplify and bring into questions Cals Coaching abilties in all aspects of the game of basketball, including lack of preparedness, lack of decision making as to the best way with this teams make- up to play on defense and offense, who should get minutes, what are the best player combinations, whats the best way to practice and what drills to run just everything. Look I'm no Cal hater and still hope he can turn us into the best team we can be, just not real confident in that happing right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT