ADVERTISEMENT

I went to the Caitlin Clark show today

Since women are, in general, shorter than men with smaller hands...I see no problem with them using
smaller balls than men to make up for it, and lower rims as well.

Also, I'd pay to see her play.

I have long thought they should be playing on lower goals.
Nah. Why? They’re strong enough to shot it 10 feet so height is not an issue unless you just want to see dunking which is so little of what bb is all about

She’s a legitimately good basketball player.

I watched two games and no one on any of the 4 teams was anywhere close to her talent level.

She had 16 assists. She is a great passer. Assists require someone else to make the basket. The fact that she did that 16 times is impressive given how many layups women’s college basketball players tend to miss.

Something else: there are a lot of big, slow women with D1 scholarships. No wonder so many men have decided to pretend they are women.

Clark definitely took care of business tonight with 41 points and 12 assists. Iowa dominated LSU in the 3rd quarter, and maintained the lead throughout the 4th to move on to the Final Four.

She’s a very talented and classy young woman. Her attitude and skills remind me of Reed Sheppard, which is probably why I’ve enjoyed watching her play. Clark’s storyline is similar with the hometown hero factor… the assists/passing… floor leadership… deep 3-pointers… etc.

Clark has helped me pass the television time that would’ve/should’ve/could’ve been reserved for Reed and the Cats. (Groan* 🙄) For that distraction, I am very thankful.

Nah. Why? They’re strong enough to shot it 10 feet so height is not an issue unless you just want to see dunking which is so little of what bb is all about

Strong enough and consistency are not the same thing.

These girls/women miss a lot of layups.

For the most part, we only watch the 3 or 4 best teams, if that.

There is a lot of really bad women’s basketball being played and many of them have very poor shooting form. And these are D1 scholarship athletes.

I wonder when it will happen in basketball and how it will be handled.
It won't happen, just like it doesn't happen now in sports (what is it, less than 0.1% nationwide?).

You MAGA rubes have been bamboozled by grifters like Riley Gaines and Clay Travis.

Instead of being anti-education, maybe you should consider the alternative and actually learn what happens in your communities instead of rumors and innuendo.

• Haha
Reactions: bIhawk
It won't happen, just like it doesn't happen now in sports (what is it, less than 0.1% nationwide?).

You MAGA rubes have been bamboozled by grifters like Riley Gaines and Clay Travis.

Instead of being anti-education, maybe you should consider the alternative and actually learn what happens in your communities instead of rumors and innuendo.
Come on man, the MODS have already deleted dozens of posts on this thread. You aren’t changing my opinion and I’m not trying to change yours .Let it die.

Reactions: bIhawk and dezyDeco
It's been booming for Albany. ticket prices got into the thousands and those weren't even for the best seats. Glad to see it.

The women's game has certainly seen an uptick recently. I still just can't get into that level of basketball, which to me, is actually a lesser level than watching mens HS games. It's just too clunky for me. I hope they find success, doesn't bother me. But I do wish they'd stop trying to tie the thing to the mens game. Just let women's basketball be women's basketball.

But there's no doubt it's been growing a ton, and I think a big difference is the great players sticking around for 4 years. When you tune into the womens game, it's likely to see some of the familar faces like Clarke, Reese, Von Lith, and others. And then you got some great players on the rise, who you will get to watch for several more years, like JuJu Watkins.

I do wonder though.. what happens when CC (and Reese) leaves the game? How big of a hit does it take?

The frosh at USC (JuJu Watkins) just set the record for most points scored during frosh season. It's going to continue to gain steam IMO. I enjoyed both games last night, and I've long been one of those guys who think women's sports suck.

Last edited:
The frosh at USC (JuJu Watkins) just set the record for most points scored during frosh season. It's going to continue to gain steam IMO. I enjoyed both games last night, and I've long been one of those guys who think women's sports suck.

Also, anyone who knows the OP's schtick should realize the intent here was to start ANOTHER trans thread under the guise of the thread title. Shocker.

Yeah it seems JuJu is the type of player who could go and break a lot of CC's records, Paige Bueckers, also. But I'm not sure either is going to find the same popularity as CC found.

It's also worth noting, that these players were apart of the same recruiting class. Reese, CC, Beuckers and several others really stood out. That won't always be the case. We aren't going to see every year of womens college ball turnout quite this level of must-see elite talent.

Two years ago, no one cared about this sport. It got a HUGE shot in the arm from CC, the fireworks between CC and Reese (also a fantastic player), and USC taking over as the top program. Uconn dominated for years and people still didn't care all that much.. about great players like Breanna Stewart, Maya Moore, etc. I think this is more about Caitlin Clarke than anything else, and I think the ticket sales represented that.

I DO think, that the mens game lacking big name players that people invest in, is only helping the women's game (while making the men's game become less and less of something people need to tune into)..

Yeah it seems JuJu is the type of player who could go and break a lot of CC's records, Paige Bueckers, also. But I'm not sure either is going to find the same popularity as CC found.

It's also worth noting, that these players were apart of the same recruiting class. Reese, CC, Beuckers and several others really stood out. That won't always be the case. We aren't going to see every year of womens college ball turnout quite this level of must-see elite talent.

Two years ago, no one cared about this sport. It got a HUGE shot in the arm from CC, the fireworks between CC and Reese (also a fantastic player), and USC taking over as the top program. Uconn dominated for years and people still didn't care all that much.. about great players like Breanna Stewart, Maya Moore, etc. I think this is more about Caitlin Clarke than anything else, and I think the ticket sales represented that.

I DO think, that the mens game lacking big name players that people invest in, is only helping the women's game (while making the men's game become less and less of something people need to tune into)..

Excellent summary. And good point on the massive run this class has gotten. Will be interesting to see if JuJu can pick up the space Clark is about to vacate.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Strong enough and consistency are not the same thing.

These girls/women miss a lot of layups.

For the most part, we only watch the 3 or 4 best teams, if that.

There is a lot of really bad women’s basketball being played and many of them have very poor shooting form. And these are D1 scholarship athletes.

Regarding strength, that’s one thing that surprised me as I watched these past few games… for the most part, the women just didn’t seem to be able to jump. I mean, sure, they can jump… but it’s just so far off from the average male player.

Now, I’ve seen women get up in volleyball, so I know they’re out there… they just aren’t signing up for basketball, apparently.

Reactions: UKUGA

leah thomas, is that you?

• Haha
Reactions: bIhawk and dezyDeco
Is there anywhere someone can get away from these trans obsessed goofs? Dude goes to multiple women’s games where zero trans people are participating, so why wouldn’t that make him happy if it’s apparently such a big issue? Nope, he still has to shoehorn it into a topic that isn’t relevant. What a moron.

College women's volleyball game in Canada just had five trans dudes playing. FIVE. And this is only a few years into the social delirium. Give it five more years, we'll have entire teams. Things like this start slow, then inevitably evolve into something extremely destructive. You're too myopic to understand that (slippery slope is real).

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: dezyDeco and UKUGA

How the hell is Riley Gaines a "grifter"? She was directly impacted by the policies in place, then used her platform to speak out. That's not what a grifter does... She has also had her life threatened on numerous occasions, most recently in a talk at one of the University of Cal schools. How, exactly, is putting up w that a grift?

College women's volleyball game in Canada just had five trans dudes playing. FIVE. And this is only a few years into the social delirium. Give it five more years, we'll have entire teams. Things like this start slow, then inevitably evolve into something extremely destructive. You're too myopic to understand that (slippery slope is real).
Lol bro, you’re so deeply obsessed with it that’s it’s warped your mind completely. It’ll be a fringe issue five years from now, same as it is today. Only freakshows like you will continue to foam at the mouth about it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
How the hell is Riley Gaines a "grifter"? She was directly impacted by the policies in place, then used her platform to speak out. That's not what a grifter does... She has also had her life threatened on numerous occasions, most recently in a talk at one of the University of Cal schools. How, exactly, is putting up w that a grift?
She is paid to lie. She is the very definition of a grifter.

• Haha
She is paid to lie. She is the very definition of a grifter.
Do you have any evidence of that assertion? I'm willing to change my mind if you can provide any. I've been nothing but impressed by Riley when she is interviewed, and haven't seen a single lie yet... You come across as a complete idiot.

Lol bro, you’re so deeply obsessed with it that’s it’s warped your mind completely. It’ll be a fringe issue five years from now, same as it is today. Only freakshows like you will continue to foam at the mouth about it.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Yep that's me, just sitting around thinking about f'ing trans people all day. What evidence do you have that this issue is going away anytime soon? Everything I've seen is that the social contagion is just getting started. With trans Gen Z kids over double that of Millennials. Sounds like it's getting worse to me... You come across as a complete idiot.

Reactions: dezyDeco
It doesn't matter if it's a fringe issue, or a bigger issue at large (and by the way, all the evidence shows that more and more biological men are starting to playing women's sports, so it is most definitely gaining steam, to say otherwise is to deny factual evidence), biological men should never, ever, be playing in women sports.

Doesn't matter if only one person does it in the entire world, or if legislation is passed allowing for it, what's wrong is wrong. Women's sports needs to be protected, simple as that.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Yep that's me, just sitting around thinking about f'ing trans people all day. What evidence do you have that this issue is going away anytime soon? Everything I've seen is that the social contagion is just getting started. With trans Gen Z kids over double that of Millennials. Sounds like it's getting worse to me... You come across as a complete idiot.
I actually never said anything about that, kinda weird that’s where you took it…

• Haha
Do you have any evidence of that assertion? I'm willing to change my mind if you can provide any. I've been nothing but impressed by Riley when she is interviewed, and haven't seen a single lie yet... You come across as a complete idiot.
Yes, she claimed that Lia Thomas exposed their genitals to her, but she made that up well after sharing the locker room with Thomas. Didn’t file a report or report it to anyone when it supposedly happened. No corroborating witnesses in the entire locker room either. You don’t see her as a liar because she is paid to disparage a group of people you hate. I don’t see why Lia Thomas hasn’t sued her for defamation.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I actually never said anything about that, kinda weird that’s where you took it…
So you didn't say this literally half hour earlier?

"Lol bro, you’re so deeply obsessed with it that’s it’s warped your mind completely. It’ll be a fringe issue five years from now, same as it is today." Still posted up there for all the world to see.

Yes, she claimed that Lia Thomas exposed their genitals to her, but she made that up well after after sharing the locker room with Thomas. Didn’t file a report or report it to anyone when it supposedly happened. You don’t see her as a liar because she is paid to disparage a group of people you hate. I don’t see why Lia Thomas hasn’t sued her for defamation.
You called Lia Thomas "their." You just misgendered her smart guy. Lia Thomas should sue YOU for that. Pussy.

You called Lia Thomas "there." You just misgendered her smart guy. Lia Thomas should sue YOU for that. Pussy.
I actually said “their”. It’s a nongendered term that one can use to speak about someone of either gender. Chances are you use it all the time in normal speech to refer to people that aren’t in your presence. Learn English, genius.

• Haha
So you didn't say this literally half hour earlier?

"Lol bro, you’re so deeply obsessed with it that’s it’s warped your mind completely. It’ll be a fringe issue five years from now, same as it is today." Still posted up there for all the world to see.
That’s not what I was talking about though was it? Lol you’re exposed, whether you know it or not. You put it out there for everyone to see…it’s ok bud, live your truth.

• Haha
When Clark had the shooting contest with Curry it seemed like people weren't even allowed to mention the smaller ball. They even, strangely, debated whether the line should be the same? Either have an equal contest or don't but don't be deceptive about it.

OBVIOUSLY she is probably the best shooter in women's history and one of the best women's overall players ever. And that deserves enormous credit. It's just silly when they want to start saying things like she broke Maravich's scoring record. What? In a different sport, you mean? Asinine.

Reactions: UKUGA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT