ADVERTISEMENT

How many games will the Reds lose this season?

How many games will the Reds lose this season?

• 85-94

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • 95-104

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • 105-114

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • 115-124

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • > 125

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters
They’re bad, but I don’t think they’ll end up historically bad.

If I’m ever up near Cincy this summer, I’ll catch a game. That’s part of being an I-75 fan. It takes patience. See: Bengals and Wildcats football.

I'm a lifelong Reds fan, and if they go 63-99 nobody will remember, but if they lose 121 and break the modern record it will be a season that us Reds fans will always remember. My dream of the Reds ever winning a title in my lifetime are long gone. I'm just hoping they win a playoff series which seems like a stretch at this point.

Reactions: runningbears
I'm a lifelong Reds fan, and if they go 63-99 nobody will remember, but if they lose 121 and break the modern record it will be a season that us Reds fans will always remember. My dream of the Reds ever winning a title in my lifetime are long gone. I'm just hoping they win a playoff series which seems like a stretch at this point.

It’s gonna be a long 5 months of bad radio in my neck of the woods. I don’t mind listening to a Reds game for the drive home if they’re any good. But woof. I feel sorry for Reds fans.

I like how under 85 losses is not even an option, and, by mid July, it will be mathematically impossible as well for less than 85 losses.

If they played in the West and had to play LA San Diego and San Francisco they could have well broken the 1962 Mets record for futility

I'll probably attend a home game to see Votto play one last time.

Still have a couple of years. Under contract through 2024. A notorious slow starter and he would be crazy to leave that money on the table and never hear retirement come up from him. Going to be a rough few years until Moose/Votto's lucrative contracts are off the books and more of the talent in the pipeline to debut and have time to develop. The Reds had no plans to contend this year after 2 years above .500 from the moment they did not even call Castellanos once, trade Winker/Suarez and put way too much Stock in Votto replicating his 2nd half last year to carry this young team.

Last edited:
Yes, something about hitting that century mark if not breaking the all-time record one would think it might bring enough shame and embarrassment. However the Castellini's are incapable of feeling any of that. 1 of 3 owners that voted against raising the first luxury-tax threshold. 💩 Some of these Reds teams in the past decade would have won a playoff series in this new expanded postseason format with 12 teams and hopefully break the streak all the way back to 1995 if they can get back to that point.

Last edited:

I'm a lifelong fan. Haven't been to a game since 2018 season though. We were just really busy in 2019 season and had a newborn. Then came COVID shortened season and last year there was just a lot of crap going of helath wise with parents, etc.

We've never taken our kids until they are old enough to sit through a game...usually until they are 5-6. We've been having kids for the past decade. Hoping to get the 9 and 6 yo out this year.

Reactions: kyeric
I went to the first weekend home series v the Cardinals. A craft beer is $18.25. Prepare your anus.

I think Votto will slide into Pujols DH spot soon. I want the guy to get the experience before he’s done.

Cardinals up today 5-0.

The Reds are closer to having a wild card competing team than most people think. I actually think in two years we’ll be competing with the Reds over the Brews for the central, at least for a few years.

I think Votto will slide into Pujols DH spot soon. I want the guy to get the experience before he’s done.

Cardinals up today 5-0.

The Reds are closer to having a wild card competing team than most people think. I actually think in two years we’ll be competing with the Reds over the Brews for the central, at least for a few years.
Yeah 2024 is definitely the window we're targeting to run the Central. Reds fans know that. But it's not why this team is so bad. It's the damned injuries. We haven't had our actual team on the field once this season. 12+ guys on the IL so far all April. And as soon as someone key comes off the IL another guy goes on it.

Looming at fWAR after all the offseason moves, our roster projected to 77 wins. We won 83 last year. Our drop-off isn't as bad as some folks seem to think. But again, that assumes guys are healthy and we have been ravaged by the IL.

Yeah 2024 is definitely the window we're targeting to run the Central. Reds fans know that. But it's not why this team is so bad. It's the damned injuries. We haven't had our actual team on the field once this season. 12+ guys on the IL so far all April. And as soon as someone key comes off the IL another guy goes on it.

Looming at fWAR after all the offseason moves, our roster projected to 77 wins. We won 83 last year. Our drop-off isn't as bad as some folks seem to think. But again, that assumes guys are healthy and we have been ravaged by the IL.

Yea that’s been our issue too. Hicks and Flaherty can’t stay healthy like at all. Flaherty might as well be labeled a bust at this point I’m sick of it. He’s got the potential to be an ace but if you can’t pitch it won’t happen.

As long as the Cubs remain a doormat like always I’m okay with the Reds making a push. I still think 2024 is the year the Reds make a push. The farm system actually is a bright spot even though you don’t hear many talk about it.

Yea that’s been our issue too. Hicks and Flaherty can’t stay healthy like at all. Flaherty might as well be labeled a bust at this point I’m sick of it. He’s got the potential to be an ace but if you can’t pitch it won’t happen.

As long as the Cubs remain a doormat like always I’m okay with the Reds making a push. I still think 2024 is the year the Reds make a push. The farm system actually is a bright spot even though you don’t hear many talk about it.
Yeah our Single and Double A has some dudes for sure. Louisville is kind of meh right now.

I'd think you'd be more concerned with Milwaukee than Chicago right now rivalry aside. Cubs can spend money and choose not to at random intervals I don't understand. Milwaukee and St Louis both are mid markets just like Cincinnati. Which is why I don't buy our front office's bullshit about payroll and income. Look no furtherrhan our own division. If you give fans a reason to be there they will.. St Louis had hiccups last year before that bullshit run to knock us out of the playoffs, bur fans were always there because of years of equity built up.

Agree about Flaherty, he's hit or miss. As a Reds fan I take solace that Wainwright is still on the Birds staff, so I know we've got a few more wins coming our way this year at least 😆

It's good to hear that from an outside perspective. Sometimes as a diehard frustrated Reds fan it's hard to see the forest for the trees. Going to be some rough growing pains until the organization can move on from nearly $100 million left owed to Votto/Moustakas and the time for the prospects to reach MLB and some seasoning. Too often though I feel like the Reds keep everyone in the minors until they're 23 or 24 and can't think of the last time we've had a phenom as young as a Trout, Soto, Wander Franco or Harper that debuted in their late teens/early 20s.

This Reds roster, fully healthy, absolutely had a shot at a Wild Card playoff berth this year. I 100% believe that.

But right now, I don't see how we even manage to not get swept by Pittsburgh this weekend.

It's good to hear that from an outside perspective. Sometimes as a diehard frustrated Reds fan it's hard to see the forest for the trees. Going to be some rough growing pains until the organization can move on from nearly $100 million left owed to Votto/Moustakas and the time for the prospects to reach MLB and some seasoning. Too often though I feel like the Reds keep everyone in the minors until they're 23 or 24 and can't think of the last time we've had a phenom as young as a Trout, Soto, Wander Franco or Harper that debuted in their late teens/early 20s.

I think the Votto contract was a big mistake but I understand wanting guys to retire in one uniform. I just think in certain circumstances you just can’t.

And Yea we’re keeping Nolan Gorman down in Memphis when he’s CLEARLY ready. I get so sick of it. If they can play win the games and let them play. Baseball needs to stop with all of this futuristic thinking and play for the season on paper. If they’re ready roll with it. I mean didn’t anyone learn from Washington? You can’t just sit on your window.

I think the Votto contract was a big mistake but I understand wanting guys to retire in one uniform. I just think in certain circumstances you just can’t.

And Yea we’re keeping Nolan Gorman down in Memphis when he’s CLEARLY ready. I get so sick of it. If they can play win the games and let them play. Baseball needs to stop with all of this futuristic thinking and play for the season on paper. If they’re ready roll with it. I mean didn’t anyone learn from Washington? You can’t just sit on your window.
I agree and Tampa Bay/Washington is a successful model that proves a small market team can be competitive and win even in a smaller window. It's crazy the roster turnover Tampa Bay has had and stay competitive in the AL East.

Reactions: Gromcat

De La Cruz is baby Eric Davis.

I'll give you that injuries don't help the Reds cause but 100% healthy the Reds stand no chance of replacing the nearly 60 HRs/300 RBIs given away in probably the worst FO decisions in Reds history. What will the Reds look like post-trade deadline this summer?

maxresdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT