ADVERTISEMENT

How many games will the Reds lose this season?

How many games will the Reds lose this season?

• 85-94

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • 95-104

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • 105-114

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • 115-124

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • > 125

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters
Great shot to sweep the Yankees in NY minus the bad defense and relief pitching. Won the series nevertheless but it wasn't easy. Every game was right down to the last pitch and out. Playing much better baseball.

Wouldn't be shocked if that was Castillo's last game in a Reds uniform to avoid injury or a clunker. A strong start at Yankee Stadium before the All-Star break and the trade market heating up soon after!

• Sad
Reactions: jameslee32
Wouldn't be shocked if that was Castillo's last game in a Reds uniform to avoid injury or a clunker. A strong start at Yankee Stadium before the All-Star break and the trade market heating up soon after!
Leave him in New York if they give us Volpe. If they say no, Don’t answer when they come calling in a week

Leave him in New York if they give us Volpe. If they say no, Don’t answer when they come calling in a week
Everything I read is they aren't parting with Volpe and hesitant on Peraza. Don't need another SS prospect in the pipeline. That's fine, he's worth more than a couple .240 MILB hitters this year. The farm system is filled with this already. Would rather deal with Dodgers & Orioles in the mix have much deeper farm systems with interest in Castillo too.

Everything I read is they aren't parting with Volpe and hesitant on Peraza. Don't need another SS prospect in the pipeline. That's fine, he's worth more than a couple .240 MILB hitters this year. The farm system is filled with this already. Would rather deal with Dodgers & Orioles in the mix have much deeper farm systems with interest in Castillo too.
I’d take Volpe, position be damned but no one else of interest to me in their system. Fine with working with the Dodgers if you can get Bobby Miller.

I’m not sure how willing the O’s would be to send a top prospect for Castillo. I know they’re hot rn and making a push but realistically, theyre a year or two away. Be interesting to see what they do on and off the field in the next couple weeks

I’d take Volpe, position be damned but no one else of interest to me in their system. Fine with working with the Dodgers if you can get Bobby Miller.

I’m not sure how willing the O’s would be to send a top prospect for Castillo. I know they’re hot rn and making a push but realistically, theyre a year or two away. Be interesting to see what they do on and off the field in the next couple weeks
New York is adamant about not moving Anthony Volpe, Peraza & Dominguez. As far as I'm concerned the Reds can find another trade partner. Even if he learned to play another position, it's a built in excuse to prolong his stay in the minors for the Reds because that's just what Cincinnati does. Doubt New York will move any top prospects when Cashman has gotten conservative barring they pull something out of their ass for an improbable run at Juan Soto and have to pay the Judge soon. De La Cruz, McLain & Barrero give the Reds a log jam at SS and drafting/trading for SS is the last thing the Reds should do. Whether Reds fans like it or not Jose is still in the equation at SS. Logic doesn't apply to Krall, Williams or the Castellini's.

If the Orioles are serious about winning they'll make a trade. Cincinnati after 2018 acquiring Puig and the deadline move under .500 for Bauer in '19. They don't have the budget to sign an ace in FA. The alternative would be to let Luis go and whip their ass for years to come in the AL East in Boston, Toronto or New York. The extended postseason this year and beyond makes contending more realistic for teams like Baltimore to make the postseason more often. They have 5 prospects in the Top 10 at AAA to arrive in MLB either in 2022-23. They've sucked long enough like Cincinnati they can part with 1 or 2 with their deep farm system.

The Reds have pitching depth and need to bolster their offense going forward. Pages, Busch or Vargas would be huge to land from the Dodgers. It's nice in theory command everyone's top prospects especially with the shape the Reds are in...without a long term contract extension he can walk as an UFA in 2024. Realistically, a couple Top 10 organizational prospects would be a good haul considering how the Reds stood pat on Bauer at the 2020 trade deadline & Castellanos last year. We'll be fortunate to get a Top 3 prospect in any return. We'll see who is desperate by August 2nd.

Last edited:
My philosophy is, keep Castillo and pay him as needed. He's a new Rijo without the bad elbow. Keep him and pay him.

This should be in the "What pisses you off thread". Reds score 2 on the Cardinals at Busch stadium in the first inning only to walk the first three batters in the bottom of the first and 2 fly balls later the score is tied.

This should be in the "What pisses you off thread". Reds score 2 on the Cardinals at Busch stadium in the first inning only to walk the first three batters in the bottom of the first and 2 fly balls later the score is tied.

7-3 final. Cards win.

Naquin a Met, Castillo a Mariner. More trades to come until the 2nd.
Received the Mariners #1, #3, #5 prospects in the farm system.

Last edited:
The Cincinnati Reds, on pace to lose 98 games, is now out of last place in the NL Central and is tied for the most 2022 interleague wins so far in MLB.

The Cincinnati Reds, on pace to lose 98 games, is now out of last place in the NL Central and is tied for the most 2022 interleague wins so far in MLB.

Only a game out of 3rd place, honestly don't hate the Castillo deal with Seattle, got a lot of good prospects for one pitcher. And Tommy Pham was not the answer either. Now if they can just keep those potential pieces in place for several years . . .

Only a game out of 3rd place, honestly don't hate the Castillo deal with Seattle, got a lot of good prospects for one pitcher. And Tommy Pham was not the answer either. Now if they can just keep those potential pieces in place for several years . . .
Agreed. The only issue is we were saying the same things when the Reds traded for Castillo 5 years ago. This cycle has never ended iow,

Kolten Wong with 3 home runs in tonight's loss.

squidward-register.gif

Reactions: drew_ukfan
Just 4 more wins with 12 left to play keeps them at 99 losses. Sitting pretty at 59-91 right now. :)

Yes, they are playing lights out now, have a great shot to finish 4th in their division. Simply amazing. 🤣 🤣 🤣

But . . . I will tune in again next spring, maybe they will surprise me by playing .500 ball.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
They need to shoot for .400 baseball first next season. Baby steps!! .393 as of 9/23. Not going to have Castillo, Drury, Mahle and the likes for 3 months to salavage a few wins. Only going to get uglier these next couple of seasons unless Elly De La Cruz gets called up and makes an immediate impact.

Could have afforded him and then some with the $28 million between Moustakas to sit on his fat ass and dead weight Mike Minor.

7 straight losses to the Buccos. 4 game sweep a couple weeks ago at home to Pittsburgh and the 3-game series on the road. WTG Reds! WTFG!!!

day-sweep.gif

7 straight losses to the Buccos. 4 game sweep a couple weeks ago at home to Pittsburgh and the 3-game series on the road. WTG Reds! WTFG!!!

day-sweep.gif

However, they cannot finish with the worst record in the NL, Wash Nationals have that dubious honor well in hand. So, the Reds can build on that accomplishment in 2023.

I'm quite sure Nats fans will take the worst record 3 years removed from a World Series instead of 32 years and counting for the Reds.

The sad thing is the talent is there in the pipeline. You've got Elly De La Cruz, Christian Encarnacion-Strand, Brandon Williamson, etc all beating down doors to make their MLB Debut. The Atlanta Braves pluck multiple guys from AA this year and right there in the mix. The difference between gumption to win and just skating by.

Last edited:
Finishing last and losing 100 games would be so fitting in 2022.

As a side note, I went to the Bengals game last night and also going to the FCC game tomorrow.

#WhereAreYouGonnaGo

Officially won't tie the worst loss record in 1982 at 61-101 but 100 losses is still on the table with 1 more to go and be put out of our misery until they get to do it all again in 2023.

Going out in style losing by 13 and reached the pinnacle of 62-100 with the Cubs 15-2 win today. 1 loss shy of the Reds 61-101 worst record in the 1982 season and 67 players on the Major League roster at some point throughout the 2022 season.

Get to do it all again next year and it's going to be ugly as hell without 3-4 months of Castillo, Mahle & Drury to buy a few wins on this team as the '22 Reds had. 100 losses definitely in play going forward.

Going out in style losing by 13 and reached the pinnacle of 62-100 with the Cubs 15-2 win today. 1 loss shy of the Reds 61-101 worst record in the 1982 season and 67 players on the Major League roster at some point throughout the 2022 season.

Get to do it all again next year and it's going to be ugly as hell without 3-4 months of Castillo, Mahle & Drury to buy a few wins on this team as the '22 Reds had. 100 losses definitely in play going forward.
What a damn joke

ADVERTISEMENT