ADVERTISEMENT

How many games will the Reds lose this season?

How many games will the Reds lose this season?

• 85-94

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • 95-104

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • 105-114

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • 115-124

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • > 125

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters
6-3 Reds now. I had 2 for the Brewers earlier when it should have been 3. Reds problem is and will be pitching. They set a record yesterday for the most starts in major league history without a pitcher going more than 5 innings with it being extended tonight. Bats are starting to come around.
7-5 and Drury's blast put him past Moran for 3rd most RBIs in MLB this month.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Good homestand for the Reds with consecutive series wins. 7-24 now and start the road trip off vs the Pirates. Can't have a big enough lead to feel comfortable with this team letting Milwaukee's offense score 6 in the 9th.

Up to 9-24 now...Wish they could play the Pirates every game on the schedule. Moose finally showing signs of life and hope he can stay healthy. Demoted Gutierrez to the bullpen with Mike Minor Reds debut coming soon. 2nd rehab start with Louisville on Sunday.

Reactions: warrior-cat
3-1 Shittsburgh tonight but Votto began a rehab assignment with the Bats for a positive note.

3-1 Shittsburgh tonight but Votto began a rehab assignment with the Bats for a positive note.
Not sure it is a positive on Votto right now. He was in a slump and the replacements have actually done a good job. Yes, I realize you have to let your best players play through their slumps but, with about 4 starters out the replacements seem to have given the team a spark.

That being said, Votto's glove at first is definitely better and defense is very rarely hit or miss as is offense (pun intended).

Not sure it is a positive on Votto right now. He was in a slump and the replacements have actually done a good job. Yes, I realize you have to let your best players play through their slumps but, with about 4 starters out the replacements seem to have given the team a spark.

That being said, Votto's glove at first is definitely better and defense is very rarely hit or miss as is offense (pun intended).
Ridiculous!! You need to pay attention to the careers the likes of Drury, Moran etc have had and why they had to fight their way on this team. I guarantee they won't be doing this by mid-summer and you're advocating for Votto to sit cold on the bench making $25 million??? Just because Votto had an early season 'slump' as he always has doesn't mean he will the rest of the way. You don't get out of slumps riding the pine. Anyone who follows Reds baseball knows his 1st halfs are this way of recent years. In 2017, had one of the best 2nd halfs in MLB history and many analysts had him getting MVP consideration the way he caught fire post All-Star break in 2021. Moran batting .211 and needs to keep his job over Votto? Joey could do that in his sleep at 39. Come on man!

Lighten up Francis you read to much into that. I am not advocating for Votto to sit. I was just making an observation on how the team has responded since the injuries. In fact, if you read it all you would see that I realize you have to let players play through slumps. Not saying Moran keep his job over Votto (his defense nowhere as good) but, with the EH now part of the national league keeping him as a backup you could sure use the bat if it continues. We will see how the team responds going forward when Votto, India, Fraley, and Senzel come back. I believe all are due back after the next break if not mistaken. Don't blow your stack, there are enough problems in the world today.

Lighten up Francis you read to much into that. I am not advocating for Votto to sit. I was just making an observation on how the team has responded since the injuries. In fact, if you read it all you would see that I realize you have to let players play through slumps. Not saying Moran keep his job over Votto (his defense nowhere as good) but, with the EH now part of the national league keeping him as a backup you could sure use the bat if it continues. We will see how the team responds going forward when Votto, India, Fraley, and Senzel come back. I believe all are due back after the next break if not mistaken. Don't blow your stack, there are enough problems in the world today.
You can't play both sides of the fence of the issue here. Not advocating for Votto to sit but also say 4 guys ahead of him should be keeping their job? Doesn't make sense. Who are those 4 guys? Drury can stay at 3B for as long as he stays hot but Moran should be back to a reserve role as soon as Votto is back. As long as Moustakas is showing life, I'm fine with him & Votto getting the majority of reps at 1B/DH and clearly Bell has been starting Moose at 3B too. Fraley hasn't shown me anything and needs to develop in AAA because Barrero, Senzel, Pham, Naquin all have way more potential to help the Reds win games. Some of you all on this board have bought way too much in beating up on Pittsburgh 7 out of the last 10 games.

"Yes, I realize you have to let your best players play through their slumps but, with about 4 starters out the replacements seem to have given the team a spark."

Not playing both sides, simply said they are giving the team a spark. Not anywhere in there did I post that the replacements should stay ahead of the starters and keep their jobs. I am old enough to have seen many of the Reds teams go through highs and lows throughout the years and realize slumps happen. I am a fan of Votto and am really liking India's contributions. Again, you have read too much into it.

"Yes, I realize you have to let your best players play through their slumps but, with about 4 starters out the replacements seem to have given the team a spark."

Not playing both sides, simply said they are giving the team a spark. Not anywhere in there did I post that they replacements should stay ahead of the starters and keep their jobs. I am old enough to have seen many of the Reds teams go through highs and lows throughout the years and realize slumps happen. I am a fan of Votto and am really liking India's contributions. Again, you have read too much into it.
The old 'I've been around long enough' argument lol If you know this already that players have to work their way through a slump, why would you make a statement about Votto returning not being positive? Who are those 4 starters? Specifically those who would take reps from Votto at 1st. We've established Brandon Drury staying at 3rd for now and .211 Moran. Only Moran right now would be in the way of Votto taking his rightful spot in the lineup.

Side note, pitch count high so I doubt he goes the distance but back to back starts of improvement for Hunter.

The old 'I've been around long enough' argument lol If you know this already that players have to work their way through a slump, why would you make a statement about Votto returning not being positive? Who are those 4 starters? Specifically those who would take reps from Votto at 1st. We've established Brandon Drury staying at 3rd for now and .211 Moran. Only Moran right now would be in the way of Votto taking euphis rightful spot in the lineup.
I can see you are just wanting to argue about nothing. Never said they (4 starters) should not come back.

Reactions: TheFrontRunner
I can see you have no answers to any questions and can't back up your statements so I'll leave it at that...
You made statements that I did not say other than except maybe the Votto coming back comment so, no backup statements needed. Will admit mistake in wording about not sure it being a positive. Was implying only offensively for slump.

You made statements that I did not say other than except maybe the Votto coming back comment so, no backup statements needed. Will admit mistake in wording about not sure it being a positive. Was implying only offensively for slump.
Fair enough though it was not clear where you were going with your statement on Votto. Absolutely Drury should stay in the lineup at 3B. At 1B, I haven't seen anyone clearly take the job and run with it that moving on from Votto would be the team's best option and it's why I am good with Votto/Moustakas getting the majority of the time here. We have 5 players who have logged 50 bats that hit over .240 with Pham, Drury, Stephenson, Naquin, Moustakas. .240 is a low standard to set but it just proves how awful the Reds have been offensively. It will get better with India, Solano and hope Senzel/Barrero will live up to the hype at some point. I know you did not say this but it sickens me when Reds fans over the years have wanted to trade Votto even before the last few seasons. Then want to bitch why the Reds don't sign great players. It's stupid.

Last edited:
Fair enough though it was not clear where you were going with your statement on Votto. Absolutely Drury should stay in the lineup at 3B. At 1B, I haven't seen anyone clearly take the job and run with it that moving on from Votto would be the team's best option and it's why I am good with Votto/Moustakas getting the majority of the time here. We have 5 players who have logged 50 bats that hit over .240 with Pham, Drury, Stephenson, Naquin, Moustakas. .240 is a low standard to set but it just proves how awful the Reds have been offensively. It will get better with India, Solano and hope Senzel/Barrero will live up to the hype at some point. I know you did not say this but it sickens me when Reds fans over the years have wanted to trade Votto even before the last few seasons. Then want to bitch why the Reds don't sign great players. It's stupid.
I agree with Votto/Moustakas, but would also go Drury/Moustakas at third. As far as outfield Pham, Naquin, Senzel, Fraley, and I really like what I have seen from Almora these past few days. Yeah, I know he has not had enough hits to gauge how well he will be but his fielding and the jump he gets on hits to the outfield impresses me. Shortstop after Farmer? I would like to see India give it a shot with Lopez at second. Stephenson and Garcia are both very good catchers with Stephenson being the better offensively. Don't know enough about Solano or Barrero to comment. So much has changed since last year and I did not read up enough preseason. I have however watched almost every game this year save about 2 or 3 (MLB package). Wife and daughter on occasion want a family night movie so... My observations are as you eluded to earlier on recent success.

Yeah, I have never wanted Votto gone either. While pitching and hitting are the two most important parts of baseball I have always been partial to a good defense in the field which is why I would take Votto over any of them playing first (despite my point earlier about hitting slump). It is why I like India and now what I am seeing in Almora. Stephenson and Garcia too. Give me some real good defense with solid pitching and a good hitting coach any day.

Reactions: kybloo92
I agree with Votto/Moustakas, but would also go Drury/Moustakas at third. As far as outfield Pham, Naquin, Senzel, Fraley, and I really like what I have seen from Almora these past few days. Yeah, I know he has not had enough hits to gauge how well he will be but his fielding and the jump he gets on hits to the outfield impresses me. Shortstop after Farmer? I would like to see India give it a shot with Lopez at second. Stephenson and Garcia are both very good catchers with Stephenson being the better offensively. Don't know enough about Solano or Barrero to comment. So much has changed since last year and I did not read up enough preseason. I have however watched almost every game this year save about 2 or 3 (MLB package). Wife and daughter on occasion want a family night movie so... My observations are as you eluded to earlier on recent success.

Yeah, I have never wanted Votto gone either. While pitching and hitting are the two most important parts of baseball I have always been partial to a good defense in the field which is why I would take Votto over any of them playing first (despite my point earlier about hitting slump). It is why I like India and now what I am seeing in Almora. Stephenson and Garcia too. Give me some real good defense with solid pitching and a good hitting coach any day.
I'm big on Almora too and shocked that he wasn't on the roster on Opening Day here or elsewhere having seen him play with the Cubs and a .266 career hitter which is nice for the role he will have on this team. Would take him over Fraley who are around the same age and hope he stays on the team. I liked Garcia in ST with the power he showed and with Stephenson on a roll offensively I finally am satisfied with the Reds catching depth.

Definitely believe in a rebuilding season we need to see what Lopez is going to do with consistent at-bats especially if Farmer doesn't come around soon. I hate to say that after how good Kyle was for the Reds in 2021. Larkin seems to be high on Lopez too like Barrero. Jose has 117 at-bats at the MLB level so far but haven't seen much from him yet. For some reason the analysts, Larkin around the game are extremely high on him too. Wasn't big on the Solano signing until I looked into him, a 2020 Silver Slugger at SS and can play throughout the infield. Reminds me of Jose Iglesias a couple years ago. If he was healthy I'm not sure the Reds were going to bring up Drury and glad he is here now. Insiders are saying he could be trade bait though.

That MLB package is awesome to have, saved 35% with their military discount and can watch all the teams across the league. India & Stephenson with these young pitchers are some nice pieces to build around that hopefully they keep and when Votto/Moose contracts are up in 2024, need to sign them to extensions.

Last edited:
Did their best to piss this one away tonight but got out of a bases loaded jam in the bottom of the 10th to win 5-4.

Thought they played well last night, used small ball to perfection to score single runs in innings 8-10 and held on. Diaz, Greene, Overton and Lodolo could be a nice corps of pitchers in time if the Reds can keep them together.

Reactions: jameslee32
Overton & Diaz have really from out of nowhere and a diamond in the rough. I wish there was some way to hold onto Castillo & Mahle because right now Lodolo, Greene & Overton are a promising starting 5. Last night convinced me about Overton until otherwise. 2 of his starts were against Pittsburgh but a solid performance vs the Brewers last week and into the 8th vs Cleveland proves he has earned his spot. Would love to see Diaz be our closer going forward. Did not know Diaz was the brother of the Mets Edwin Diaz, they both made history last night recording saves on the same night. Really cool!

Last edited:
4-2 sweep! Cleveland sweeps the 2 game opening series at GABP and Cincinnati does the same on the road. 1st Reds sweep at Cleveland ever too.

Votto back for the Blue Jays series tomorrow. 2 of the next 3 series will be a real test with Toronto & San Francisco but there are some series vs the Cubs, Nationals and Diamondbacks now coming back to Earth after a hot start.

ADVERTISEMENT