ADVERTISEMENT

How does North Carolina keep Bacot….

bigbluedon

All-SEC
Oct 17, 2012
For 7 or 8 years or whatever it’s been, and we can’t keep just mediocre players more than two at best? Bacot could have left after any of his years and been a high pick. My hat is off to him. We got guys no where near that talented leaving after one. Cal’s system is a joke.

The struggle is real.

Maybe NBA teams were worried he'd go all predator on them?

OIP.GRa0axKhBTtU1EjoAHNNNgHaLH

For 7 or 8 years or whatever it’s been, and we can’t keep just mediocre players more than two at best? Bacot could have left after any of his years and been a high pick. My hat is off to him. We got guys no where near that talented leaving after one. Cal’s system is a joke.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ called NIL

I could be wrong but Bacot is not a high draft pick. If he was he would have been gone. He's a good college player due to size and bulk, but not a ton of skill. Especially that is coveted at the next level.
I don't think you are. I can't find a single mock draft that's the last one of the year from 2021, 2022, or 2023 that even lists him as pick.

So now that it's been established that Bacot was never projected to be even a second round pick, want to rethink this?

The last two times Kentucky played North Carolina, when Bacot was the star player for them, the Cats won by a combined 33 points. In one of those games, Kentucky had the center who would go on to be named player of the year -- then stayed another year.

I wouldn't use Bacot as the example with which to make the point that "Cal's system is a joke."

So now that it's been established that Bacot was never projected to be even a second round pick, want to rethink this?
Not at all. I think he would have been picked. He is a good player. Cal and his system are a joke. You all think what you want. I don’t give a fat rats ass. If BJ Boston is in the league, Bacot can make it too. Slurp away.

False info he has never been an even first round pick. If he were, he would have bolted as soon as he could just like anyone else. This narrative that only Uk deals with this stuff is false. We have had more than our share of questionable exits, but so has everyone else who gets the elite level recruits.

Bacot was never projected as a high pick. In fact, last year he was projected to go UNDRAFTED.

He is also not projected in most places to get drafted this year either.

This is a false narrative to bolster a point you think you have for an axe you want to grind.

Reactions: bouncebackcats
Bradshaw was better than Bacot in the matchup this season. This thread will not age well.

Not at all. I think he would have been picked. He is a good player. Cal and his system are a joke. You all think what you want. I don’t give a fat rats ass. If BJ Boston is in the league, Bacot can make it too. Slurp away.
Doubling down? Bold move. You're wrong on many levels but if you wanna die on that Bacot hill to prove your hatred of Cal then so be it.

You cannot turn down money that is most likely not going to be offered.
Furthermore, NIL$$$ makes it easy to stay.
That's how I see it.

Great point! That's why a replacement for Cal is needed.

Bacot will be at best a late second round and most likely undrafted if he ever leaves UNCheat , What sterling endorsement for player development right !

It’s a catch 22. Our system is built around players who are talented enough to play in the nba but that talent will not materialize while they are in college on most occasions. We are just beginning to see what a player like Edwards is capable of and he likely will not stick around. Bradshaw who knows at this stage as he needs to add bulk before we realize his true potential. Will he do that here or the gleague?

Seeing so much raw talent has its perks but also its drawbacks as you have to catch lightening in a bottle for success. This year we did with Reed/Rob, an emerging Edwards (finally) and the improved overall play of Reeves. This year has yet to be a success but the pieces are there and we will find out in a couple of weeks how we will do. Just hard to replicate this over and over every season which is why most are ready to move on from cal and get a coach who wants to build a solid college program and not an NBA farm team.

You all think what you want. I don’t give a fat rats ass. Yet you seek validation by posting the topic and responding when called out.

I could be wrong but Bacot is not a high draft pick. If he was he would have been gone. He's a good college player due to size and bulk, but not a ton of skill. Especially that is coveted at the next level.
Correct, Bacot is Oscar-like.

You guys run ppl off if they aren't an all American out of the gate. All of you wanted Edwards off the team. Great call. You saying you wish Savir and Keion were still here over what we have? I'm good.

Also, Reeves came back for a 5th year...guess you forgot about that

Hows your boy Dontaie Allen doing..."if only cal would've given him more time"

Also Bacot has never been on a draft board:

Do you wake up and look for things to pout about or does it gradually build?

Last edited:
Spin, spin and spin some more and eventually you will have enough made up ammunition to start another thread centered around lies.

Drunk On One GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT