ADVERTISEMENT

Horrible tragedy in Texas - at least 14 kids dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to add, no teacher should need to be armed.

That is such a ridiculous suggestion. And the people suggesting it are the ones who were up in arms when teachers went on strike demanding better pay. They want to arm teachers so they have to be the ones who shoot the intruders all for 30k a year.
Sorry, but deal with reality. Idealism is not working.

Forget arming teachers.. bunch of wet-blankets anyways. I wouldn't trust all but a handful of teachers to protect me.. and unsurprisingly, they are private school teachers who are big on discipline and less on "inclusion".

Just put a trained officer in every school. Don't even need to have a gun to start. Give them a tazer and pepper spray, and make it known to the public, that every school across America will now have a security guard to apprehend criminals. Because studies have shown that the mere "knowledge" of a security presence, can be enough to deter an intruder, even if said security measure has no actual affect. The sign that says "this area is under surveillance" is often enough to send a criminal to the next location.

If an unarmed guard isn't enough, then we move to the next phase where security officer now have a gun. Creates jobs, protects students, and maybe that guards presence is enough to keep some of the kids in line as well.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Forget arming teachers.. bunch of wet-blankets anyways. I wouldn't trust all but a handful of teachers to protect me.. and unsurprisingly, they are private school teachers who are big on discipline and less on "inclusion".

Just put a trained officer in every school. Don't even need to have a gun to start. Give them a tazer and pepper spray, and make it known to the public, that every school across America will now have a security guard to apprehend criminals. Because studies have shown that the mere "knowledge" of a security presence, can be enough to deter an intruder, even if said security measure has no actual affect. The sign that says "this area is under surveillance" is often enough to send a criminal to the next location.

If an unarmed guard isn't enough, then we move to the next phase where security officer now have a gun. Creatse jobs, protects students, and maybe that guards presence is enough to keep some of the kids in line as well.
Where are we going to find the people to do this? There isn’t exactly a line of police officers sitting at home looking for work to do this. If we were to do this, we’d need strenuous scrutiny and background checks for these security guards.

That is such a ridiculous suggestion. And the people suggesting it are the ones who were up in arms when teachers went on strike demanding better pay. They want to arm teachers so they have to be the ones who shoot the intruders all for 30k a year.
Maybe parents should be trained and volunteer to stand guard outside schools.

Teachers should be armed with training on how to actually help kids, not spending all of their time fighting to ensure they can talk about their sex lives with kindergartners.
“Ok, Miss Harrison, we’ll need you to have a masters degree and certification from Seal Team 6. Starting pay is 36k. Good luck.”

So “no real solutions can be put into place” because this amendment won’t let the CDC promote gun control?

Has it occurred to you there May be other real solutions that aren’t gun control?

Nothing I posted says anything about Gun Control. The CDC could advocate for an increase in guns and gun utilization. The problem is that unlike any other public health crisis in the country, the CDC is not allowed to conduct research into this problem to actually look for possible solutions.

But the point of armed teachers is not to MAKE them all carry. But to ALLOW them to if they wish. The current rules regarding no guns in schools only insures that a potential shooter knows for certain that no one will shoot back.

Where are we going to find the people to do this? There isn’t exactly a line of police officers sitting at home looking for work to do this. If we were to do this, we’d need strenuous scrutiny and background checks for these security guards.

I mean, we do it with airports, court rooms, government buildings, even sporting events.

I know some people think "We shouldn't need security in schools!".. well, we shouldn't need it in any of the places above. Maybe in today's f'ed up society, it's time to secure schools.

Honestly, this should be some sort of new agency. I don't like MORE government.. but maybe that's what's needed. A new subdivision that manages, hires, and vets.. ex-police officers, military, national guard, and even those who want to be trained with no experience.. to take up these jobs.. Full time, part time, salary or hourly.

It's a borderline retirement job, pay $50k.. and unfortunately, it's just something we need to spend money on.. Oh, I got the perfect funding... and number of useless spending we commit to other countries, such as giving billions to other countries for "abortion counseling".

Reactions: warrior-cat
But the point of armed teachers is not to MAKE them all carry. But to ALLOW them to if they wish. The current rules regarding no guns in schools only insures that a potential shooter knows for certain that no one will shoot back.

Are you not concerned about teachers who may have a mental issue? Or more likely, a kid steals the gun? Either are possibilities and I can't see that as being a real solution.

Yeah let’s give all the macho failed athlete gym teachers guns. That will go well.

Reactions: GeraldV
Are you not concerned about teachers who may have a mental issue? Or more likely, a kid steals the gun? Either are possibilities and I can't see that as being a real solution.
So then we have a trade off. Is it better to do A or B? Your scenario will obviously happen. Will it be worse than the alternative?

Do not know. Nothing is perfect.

Reactions: Tskware
Look, teachers and libs clearly don't want to go near guns..

.. and the rest of us sure don't want a teacher with a weapon either. They do enough damage with their mouths.

Arming teachers isn't the option. Deep down, no one should want that. If we want to go this route, it needs to be a funded security organization.

I question whether school security really matters other than making people feel better. I walk up to my kids’ school to pick them up each day. It’s locked down pretty good. But the kids go outside for recess and they’re all let out at the same time each day. If a shooter really wanted to shoot kids at that school he could, it would just take an extra 30 seconds of planning.

Thats why to me we need to make sure guns are out of the hands of psychotic 18 year olds.

I am almost certain that all social media platforms could monitor for such planning/preparation/online display of mass shootings and provide that info to local law enforcement to act upon. I'm also curious if there were there any people online who saw what he was posting on social media and tried to warn local authorities about his threats/plans/preparation?

The problem we have today is that out of 100 people who make threats or start preparation, maybe 1 or 2 actually follow through to the end. We need to be researching how to determine what caused/allowed the 1 or 2 to happen, and what was effective in preventing the 98/99 from going forward.

I question whether school security really matters other than making people feel better. I walk up to my kids’ school to pick them up each day. It’s locked down pretty good. But the kids go outside for recess and they’re all let out at the same time each day. If a shooter really wanted to shoot kids at that school he could, it would just take an extra 30 seconds of planning.

Thats why to me we need to make sure guns are out of the hands of psychotic 18 year olds.

There is the right answer. My uncle's funeral was at a Catholic Church in Louisville, East end, right next to a private Catholic elementary school. Never been there so we walked in the wrong door, right past the lunch room where dozens of kids were sitting, nobody said squat to us. If I had a gun, I would be front page news right now. It literally is impossible to protect even children all the time wherever they are, just not realistic in the least.

Your second point (which I just highlighted) is the correct answer, IMO. Except I would not limit it to 18 year olds, there are plenty of psychotics with access to guns who are a lot older than 18, and some even younger.

Last edited:
There is the right answer. My uncle's funeral was at a Catholic Church in Louisville, East end, right next to a private Catholic elementary school. Never been there so we walked in the wrong door, right past the lunch room where dozens of kids were sitting, nobody said squat to us. If I had a gun, I would be front page news right now. It literally is impossible to protect even children all the time wherever they are, just not realistic in the least.

Your second point is the correct answer, IMO.
So protecting kids is hard. So let’s not even try. Sounds about right.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Where does an 18 yo troubled, bullied high school kid, identity confused, working at Wendy’s, no dad, mom on drugs, living with his grandma, and cry for help social media presence come up with the funds for a Daniel Defense setup anyway?

Maybe the people that monitor these types and come ready with the prewritten political speeches and agendas may know.

28061091_1186830908116409_661552891133885506_o.jpg

Nothing I posted says anything about Gun Control. The CDC could advocate for an increase in guns and gun utilization. The problem is that unlike any other public health crisis in the country, the CDC is not allowed to conduct research into this problem to actually look for possible solutions.

What are you talking about? I quoted your post. says "none of the funds made available for injury prevention and control at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may be used to advocate or promote gun control."

Did you not read what you posted?

Where does an 18 yo troubled, bullied high school kid, identity confused, working at Wendy’s, no dad, mom on drugs, living with his grandma, and cry for help social media presence come up with the funds for a Daniel Defense setup anyway?

Maybe the people that monitor these types and come ready with the prewritten political speeches and agendas may know.

Jeez, I knew some of this.. but if that kid was really dealing with ALL of that, he was doomed from the start.

Sad. What he did was horrific, but I also can't help but think just how mentally ill he must have been.

The bullying stuff gets to me. Ive been bullied and have been the bully. More so the latter. And its one of the few things I wish I could have done differently. No one should feel like they have no one in this world, that they have no one in their corner. This was one of those examples. Sounds like he might as well have been on this earth by himself. Idk, not a lot upsets me, but that stuff does.

What are you talking about? I quoted your post. says "none of the funds made available for injury prevention and control at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may be used to advocate or promote gun control."

Did you not read what you posted?
What I actually posted says:

The amendment, which was first tucked into an appropriations bill signed into law by President Bill Clinton, stipulates that "none of the funds made available for injury prevention and control at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may be used to advocate or promote gun control."

The CDC has no idea what the data will say. If they do research and the data says that the best option moving forward involves some sort of gun control then they would be in violation of this amendment which could lead to them being fined, fired and/or imprisoned. That is why no one at the CDC will conduct any research into this topic.

No, you just don’t know what you’re talking about. You will never stop guns from being pushed to criminals in a country this wealthy, this large, and with a bordering country like Mexico where the government and cartels are connected.

Being ignorant is not a virtue. Sit this one out.

That’s a scary thought. I have guns at home. Can you give me some insight into what I need to watch for on those guns before they go out and commit a massacre?
I think this is sarcasm but I don't even understand the sarcastic point you're going for. Im not very bright.

Edit: I just realize this is regurgitating the line that "guns don't kill people, people kill people."

And hey, you know what, that's a true statement. Humans pull triggers. Of course, what that ignores is the multitude of studies showing access to weapons naturally increases incidents of gun violence. But that's an uncomfortable reality for NRA types.

Because of the reality that the 2nd amendment is not going anywhere any time soon, gun legislation will be pretty much impotent. So, then the solution will be suggested that we need MORE guns to create less shootings. But has that really proven to ever be the case?

Thing is, I am not a gun guy. I know people who have a lot of guns. They are fun to shoot. I don't think the 2nd amendment is ever going to change, but we can't let facts change because of an agenda to protect it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jameslee32
I looked into that number, and it's wrong. We have a problem, but let's not, whether negligently or purposefully, misstate the number of school shootings.

Look at source. 288 is taken from a CNN article from 2018??? that is stating that number as the total school shootings in the prior decade. The number they should have stated is 77 from their other source. However, even that number is inflated because it includes, for example, a shooting. Behind a school. Of a 27 year old. In his car. On a Sunday. That's considered a "school shooting."

Again, we have a serious problem, but let's also be accurate and truthful about the scope.
I am re-posting this post of mine from last night because JamesLee's reacted to this post ~15 minutes ago with the laughing emoji.
1) You posted misinformation/lies. Don't post misinformation/lies.
2) Absolutely nothing at all to laugh at here, you sick b@st@rd.

Not sure about the illegal alien part.. but are the photos above, and being shared around the internet, not accurate?
I hope they are accurate and that fascism and bigotry isn't as prevalent in this country as it appears to be in Russia. What a coincidence!

Jeez, I knew some of this.. but if that kid was really dealing with ALL of that, he was doomed from the start.

Sad. What he did was horrific, but I also can't help but think just how mentally ill he must have been.

The bullying stuff gets to me. Ive been bullied and have been the bully. More so the latter. And its one of the few things I wish I could have done differently. No one should feel like they have no one in this world, that they have no one in their corner. This was one of those examples. Sounds like he might as well have been on this earth by himself. Idk, not a lot upsets me, but that stuff does.

Yeah I agree. Had read the timing was also when he realized wasn’t graduating and the grandma evicted the mom. Of course it’s still completely inexcusable, but sounds like the kid was a total mess and in a total mess.

I am re-posting this post of mine from last night because JamesLee's reacted to this post ~15 minutes ago with the laughing emoji.
1) You posted misinformation/lies. Don't post misinformation/lies.
2) Absolutely nothing at all to laugh at here, you sick b@st@rd.
He laughs about gang rape and a pregnant lady dying so that shows the low-life character he really is….

Ha, some of the more rural school districts.. IN NEW YORK.. are petitioning to have a "school resource officer" appointed to help secure the school.

This is going to get interesting. Something tells me you're gonna see a divide happen, just like in everything else with politics, where some schools choose to have these officers present and others do not,

Reactions: FirewithFire
So are the pictures of the psycho in a skirt the shooter or not? Can’t even get facts from you political nutjobs anymore.
I mean, what's it matter? Political people will look at a picture like that and come away with two conclusions:

1) Kid killed people because of identity issues propagated by liberals
2) Kid killed people because he was bullied for being gay and not accepted by society (conservatives)

Meanwhile, all explanations will come through circumstantial evidence, where people see "he was bullied" and we then assume that being bullied for being gay led him to murdering people.

Albeit, intuitively, this kid had to have some severe trauma in his history, that we evidently don't know about or understand. So, it's all BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT