ADVERTISEMENT

Horizon

Wife and I saw it Tuesday. Fabulous cinematography. Hard to follow at first but cleared up.

It would be a great mini series but not sure the small screen is the place for it.

Costner’s character is fairly confusing. I’m sure they will clear it up in the next 2 films.

Don’t go if you don’t plan on seeing the other films.

I like Costner but slow moving westerns are box office poison unless you are an Oscar frontrunner. Will see it eventually. I loved Open Range.

Reactions: BC_Wader
Thought it was ok and it has potential to be very good in the next 3 parts.

I liked it. It's a slow burn but when it's going to be 4 parts it had to be. Good cinematography and acting. Looking forward to the next chapter later on this summer.

Reactions: JDHoss
Went to see this last night. I enjoyed it mostly. Really felt like this should have been put out on a streaming service. I appreciate wanting to see the cinematography on the big screen because it is beautifully shot, but the story telling is difficult to follow and it because it is a multi-part film, we spend so much time jumping between different storylines that it was hard to really get a lot of connection with the characters. Just a warning, be prepared to be very confused early in the film. Most of it makes sense later on, but they really throw the audience around a lot. We quickly meet characters with little to no explanation as to who they are, or where they are located at in relation to Horizon, only to jump around some more with other characters. We also have very limited cues to really explain how much time has passed.

I am looking forward to the next film, but if the storytelling doesn't improve, I may not stick it out for movies 3 and 4.

Minor and Insignificant Spoiler Ahead

I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with understanding something. Very early in the film, we have a scene where a lone brave is attacked on the plains. Who is this person? Was he responsible for killing the early settlers and breaking the peace, or was there some other purpose? I keep feeling like I missed something. It is only a blip in the film and doesn't really mean anything to the overall story, but it is just some component in the film that nags at me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT