ADVERTISEMENT

A new reality

Feb 9, 2011
Offenses are better than they were. And the mindset that if they hit 12 threes, we shake their hand and get ready for the next game is a losing mindset. That starts at the top. Defending shooters that are set and ready to shoot by running at them isn't working.

Guys can shoot. Every Florida three when it mattered looked good. Headband couldn't miss. I don't know, stay on him?

The offense was behind and that is mostly fixed. Now fix the antiquated we are going to let them have threes defense.

Didn't Cal lose at National Championship by not fouling in a similar situation? And If you rewatch the the last 13 seconds before OT of the game after Dillie makes the first shot you will see coach Chin Coleman telling Cal to foul on a miss or could have been to call a timeout but Cal just waves him off. So lets see, Florida had been drilling threes all game and had been doing so with contested looks, but mostly open looks. Which I think makes fouling a no brainer considering that fact alone. So Cal decide not to foul ok, but why would you not call a timeout and inform your team after Dillinghams first make that were not fouling make or miss on his last foul shot and to stay draped on all three point shooters and a two won't hurt us.

Didn't Cal lose at National Championship by not fouling in a similar situation? And If you rewatch the the last 13 seconds before OT of the game after Dillie makes the first shot you will see coach Chin Coleman telling Cal to foul on a miss or could have been to call a timeout but Cal just waves him off. So lets see, Florida had been drilling threes all game and had been doing so with contested looks, but mostly open looks. Which I think makes fouling a no brainer considering that fact alone. So Cal decide not to foul ok, but why would you not call a timeout and inform your team after Dillinghams first make that were not fouling make or miss on his last foul shot and to stay draped on all three point shooters and a two won't hurt us.
That’s why it doesn’t matter who Cal hires onto his staff he ignores them.

Indiana game they had fouls to give too. Trend?

Reactions: RunninRichie
Actually they doing what they are told to do. That is the problem.
Not so sure about that. Reed has admitted this year to straight up ignoring Cal earlier this year when Cal told him to foul up 3 in a very similar situation to last night. I think people assume the players do exactly what coaches tell them to do more often than they actually do it.

And this isn't a Cal/UK thing. In the Houston game this week Sampson took a TO to draw up a play at the end of the game. Shead dribbles around for a few seconds and takes a hero ball awful 3 pointer and Sampson was pissed. Players do what they want a lot more often than people think.

Offenses are better than they were. And the mindset that if they hit 12 threes, we shake their hand and get ready for the next game is a losing mindset. That starts at the top. Defending shooters that are set and ready to shoot by running at them isn't working.

Guys can shoot. Every Florida three when it mattered looked good. Headband couldn't miss. I don't know, stay on him?

The offense was behind and that is mostly fixed. Now fix the antiquated we are going to let them have threes defense.saying that has always killed me!!!
Cal KILLS me saying that about teams shooting out of their minds. SO WHAT IF THEY DO!!!! We are FREAKIN UK!!!

When you have the more talented team, you should NEVER give in to how well the other team plays as opposed to your potential performance. I don’t care how many 3’s an opponent attempts, I’m with you that we should be able to stop them from getting enough to actually beat us.

It’s something that Cal loves to use as an excuse when a team beats us by making shots they don’t normally make. I’ve watched UK Basketball for 50 years and guess what Cal, EVERY team that plays UK over that time period has played above their normal play at some point, yet UK STILL kicked their butts!!!

The GRIFTER makes $9 million/year but he can’t take a team full of future NBA players and beat another team that doesn’t have ANY????!!!!!!

Come on man!!!

Last edited:

Cal is Mark Stoops with more hair at the end of games.

Whats your logic for that? We've been bad at defense for 4 years now. Has our recruits proven in college they are good at defense yet? I dont know how you can assume we'll be better offensively when Wagner and Edwards were supposed to be a lot better defensively too. at this point expect Cal's teams to suck on defense until he proves otherwise.
Assuming you meant this for someone else as your reply doesn’t match up with what you quoted (from me).

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Assuming you meant this for someone else as your reply doesn’t match up with what you quoted (from me).
I dont know what glitch happened but i was on a different thread and quoted a differnet person entirely. that was really weird. sorry about that and thanks for bringing it to my attention. maybe i shouldnt have 10 windows open from this site lol

• Haha
Reactions: cats2010
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT