ADVERTISEMENT

Hmmm

Neal Brown has won more than 6 games one time in 5 years in the Big 12 and is coveted by fans of an SEC school. The same people who disapprove of Stoops. Too funny.
But he killed it at Troy , and everyone seems to think Sumrall would be a slam dunk hire . How do they know?

aTM would have to pay UK $4.5 million buyout I assume. Man, they are spending money

The ideal scenario would be for Sumrall to come i as head coach and keep Coen as his Offensive Coordinator. That would keep some continuity with the recruits.

New head coaches are not real excited about keeping oks coordinators. Especially ones they don't know very well.

How many "done deals" have we seen come rapidly "un-done" over the years when it comes to coaching hires? It almost ALWAYS seems that the early reports are wrong.

How many "done deals" have we seen come rapidly "un-done" over the years when it comes to coaching hires? It almost ALWAYS seems that the early reports are wrong.
This is going to get way interesting and I think it could go either way.

How can losing a coach, that no one else wants, possibly cripple our program. We’ve gone 7-5 two seasons in a row, not like we are lighting things on fire here.
Because the whole team was gonna leave in the portal and they were gonna have to completely rebuild

How can losing a coach, that no one else wants, possibly cripple our program. We’ve gone 7-5 two seasons in a row, not like we are lighting things on fire here.
Do you even follow college football? If you did, you'd know that it's nothing but a crap shoot hiring a new head coach. Considering we'd lose a big chunk of our best players, a big chunk of our recruiting class and have a wicked schedule set up for next year and somehow that's going to translate to better results than we've had under Stoops.

Did you notice the crap storm UF is going through trying to find the right HC? And they've got more money/history/NIL than we'll ever have.

Did you notice the same thing happened at UT until they hire Heupel? How about when Bama went years with crappy teams. Noticed anything different about Nebraska since they fired Bo Pelini?

Stoops leaves and it might be a long time before we see 7-5 seasons again.

Do you even follow college football? If you did, you'd know that it's nothing but a crap shoot hiring a new head coach. Considering we'd lose a big chunk of our best players, a big chunk of our recruiting class and have a wicked schedule set up for next year and somehow that's going to translate to better results than we've had under Stoops.

Did you notice the crap storm UF is going through trying to find the right HC? And they've got more money/history/NIL than we'll ever have.

Did you notice the same thing happened at UT until they hire Heupel? How about when Bama went years with crappy teams. Noticed anything different about Nebraska since they fired Bo Pelini?

Did you notice the A&M fan base when it was released they were getting our guy? We ain’t seeing 7-5 next year with stoops either. Looks like your boy is staying put so you better pony up.

Fans there don't want him
Ffs man, we have a chance to grab a coach for a school like Texas A&M only to end up with ****in Stoops? The 35-55 guy in SEC?

Michigan State made such a great hire today, and our program is 5 times better than theirs, and this is the **** we get?

I refuse to believe it. Firing Jimbo for Stoops is a giant leap backwards and if this hire goes through everyone on our athletic board should be ****ing fired into the sun.

A&M fans are delusional to begin with. No one should take their opinion seriously.

"MSU made a great hire today..." -guess they didn't look at that hire's overall record at the job he had. FFS they were ecstatic they got Jimbo...

AND Heppo finished the year with ONE more win than we did. Guess the Vols will be firing him within the hour.

Like many uk ads for years, nothing that will benefit football. You? Seriously, is that a serious question or are you just reaffirming uk doesn’t have a proactive football ad?
Yeah it’s a serious question. You asked what is he gonna do, I asked what do you want him to do? For some reason you can’t answer. He’s not giving him another raise so what specifically do you want him to do to be proactive?

Yeah it’s a serious question. You asked what is he gonna do, I asked what do you want him to do? For some reason you can’t answer. He’s not giving him another raise so what specifically do you want him to do to be proactive?
Fair question. At the time all this was going down Saturday night, we all saw a lot of chatter and informational crossfire and it seemed like UK was just watching the action from the sidelines but I have to think our AD was doing something. That was my question, what is our AD doing? It wasn't meant as an attack and I probably over reacted by commenting on the last 50 or so years of mediocrity before CMS. That said, is your point that there really is nothing for our AD to do in this case? I'd like to think there is something he can do. To answer your question, while he has made CMS one of the highest paid coaches in the SEC, I'd like to see our players being some of the highest paid players in the SEC now that NIL is in full effect. Does the AD have any influence over that aspect or like us Saturday night, is he just a spectator as well?

I'll admit to not knowing the full scale of the NIL landscape so I won't unload on the AD nor you so apologies if I was abrasive - I just want our players to be satisfied and working in unison for the goal of championship football instead of having to re-recruit them every year now due to the portal and NIL. Hell, looks like UK is now in the phase of having to re-recruit our coaches and that is a nasty place to be. Just hope we don't get to the point of having to re-recruit the fans.

Fair question. At the time all this was going down Saturday night, we all saw a lot of chatter and informational crossfire and it seemed like UK was just watching the action from the sidelines but I have to think our AD was doing something. That was my question, what is our AD doing? It wasn't meant as an attack and I probably over reacted by commenting on the last 50 or so years of mediocrity before CMS. That said, is your point that there really is nothing for our AD to do in this case? I'd like to think there is something he can do. To answer your question, while he has made CMS one of the highest paid coaches in the SEC, I'd like to see our players being some of the highest paid players in the SEC now that NIL is in full effect. Does the AD have any influence over that aspect or like us Saturday night, is he just a spectator as well?

I'll admit to not knowing the full scale of the NIL landscape so I won't unload on the AD nor you so apologies if I was abrasive - I just want our players to be satisfied and working in unison for the goal of championship football instead of having to re-recruit them every year now due to the portal and NIL. Hell, looks like UK is now in the phase of having to re-recruit our coaches and that is a nasty place to be. Just hope we don't get to the point of having to re-recruit the fans.
From what I’ve read and heard , Mitch had already talked to both of our coordinators and Marrow about staying and Coen along with Brad White had agreed and Marrow was leaning on staying here. Stoops was shocked those three were not on board with leaving.

AD and coach CAN'T be directly involved in player NIL funding.

Unfortunately we will ALWAYS need to re-recruit our players. It needs to be an ongoing relationship. That being said some will still transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT