ADVERTISEMENT

Hmmm

Jones just shared that tweet as well. Seems like it’s the real deal. Buckle up for an interesting search. God only knows who’s on our list in such a scenario.

Fans there don't want him
Ffs man, we have a chance to grab a coach for a school like Texas A&M only to end up with ****in Stoops? The 35-55 guy in SEC?

Michigan State made such a great hire today, and our program is 5 times better than theirs, and this is the **** we get?

I refuse to believe it. Firing Jimbo for Stoops is a giant leap backwards and if this hire goes through everyone on our athletic board should be ****ing fired into the sun.

I guess A&M is more undiciplined than we are or it's a toughness problem, or both. Still. I don't see how they would want him and that's no dig on Stoops. They're traditionally a better program than we are. Maybe it's the reason Coen was on the sidelines today.

Realistically what coaches would UK look at? I like Sumerall but not sure he’s ready for big time football..

Fans there don't want him
Ffs man, we have a chance to grab a coach for a school like Texas A&M only to end up with ****in Stoops? The 35-55 guy in SEC?

Michigan State made such a great hire today, and our program is 5 times better than theirs, and this is the **** we get?

I refuse to believe it. Firing Jimbo for Stoops is a giant leap backwards and if this hire goes through everyone on our athletic board should be ****ing fired into the sun.
Even reasonable people that aren’t fans like Dan Wolken are like ‘good coach. Terrible hire. Both can be true.’

I’m calling Oregon St HC for an interview Troy HC Liberty HC but guessing Coen gets the job but not sure I like that idea

Please let this be true!!!! Be the best day in UK football history!!! Ruin dirty birds best season in eons and get out from under stoops’ massive contract and ultra conservative style of play.
The program is going to get gutted and they are going to be bad at vandys level for a couple of years now

I guess A&M is more undiciplined than we are or it's a toughness problem, or both. Still. I don't see how they would want him and that's no dig on Stoops. They're traditionally a better program than we are. Maybe it's the reason Coen was on the sidelines today.
Yeah I mean they are absolutely livid over this. ‘The guy is perfect for getting 8 or maybe 9 wins but not for what we’re trying to get to here’ and that’s the edited reasonable version. That and the 20 games under 500 in conference they are on it. Wait til they find out his record against ranked teams

• Haha
Reactions: ukfan041 and catben
The ideal scenario would be for Sumrall to come i as head coach and keep Coen as his Offensive Coordinator. That would keep some continuity with the recruits.

This fits the usual pattern....if you hire an offensive guy who fails and is fired, hire a defensive guy to go opposite

If this is true, a lot if fans are gonna want UK to promote Coen. And a lot will want Sumrall. I say hire Neal Brown. Winning in a power 5 conference school in a tough position, like UK.

This fits the usual pattern....if you hire an offensive guy who fails and is fired, hire a defensive guy to go opposite

If this is true, a lot if fans are gonna want UK to promote Coen. And a lot will want Sumrall. I say hire Neal Brown. Winning in a power 5 conference school in a tough position, like UK.
I would go for Neal Brown too! We need our next coach whoever it shall be needs to be offensive minded.

I wouldr rather have Sumrall or Coen than Brown.

IF A&M and Stoops had mutual interest, it could be because Stoops realizes he’s hit his ceiling here while A&M wants a coach that is “proven” in a big conference. Not saying Stoops is a sexy hire, but I could see someone rationalizing that if Stoops can do what he’s done at UK by taking Ohio St leftovers, then he would be able to do a lot more with A&Ms resources and Texas HS talent. I‘m not saying that I agree with it, but I can at least see why there could be interest.

I knew it was near the end with the "Pony Up" comment. Now he's at a place that WILL "Pony Up" but he won't skate by with a .500 SEC Record and 2 -15 against the top 10!!

Look at what Stoops has done in the SEC with recruiting classes ranked near the bottom of the SEC.

We're about to find out just how valuable Stoops has been to the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT