ADVERTISEMENT

Have you ever met Cal in-person?

Have that book. Just started reading it. "Success is the Only Option : The Art of Coaching Extreme Talent". Not a bad read, except that it explains a lot of he views on helping the player not the program. Shows his true coaching style.
Never read it. Just got it mainly as a collectable. I just don't read these days like I should. I also got his book before that autographed but it was on a sticker that they added to the book and mailed it out. Might just have been how they did it for a pre-ordered book.

Reactions: BrickandMortar
Actually, this is not a stupid post at all. I had fun reading these comments. I've never had any real dealings with Calipari (or Rick, Tubby) other than just seeing them during games or doing post game shows in Rupp so I can't say I really have much of an opinion on them.

Also, I'm not the type of guy to go up and ask for an autograph at my age. When I was 10-12 yrs old I would, but it was just more of a thing if they were passing by I might ask them to sign something. It has to get very old, very quick for those guys when someone is always trying to chase you down to sign something or ask for a pic. That don't mean they should be a dick, but I can understand why they get frustrated.

I know Jack Givens and let me tell you that he's one good dude. He's a 100% good dude 100% of the time. What you see on TV is what you get with him anywhere he's at. After you know him a little while it's very easy to forget he scored 41 against Duke or is 3rd in all time scoring. He's just a regular guy really.

Also Erik Daniels is another good guy!
Jack is in fact loose as a “Goose”. Sat next to him the night Terry Wilson went down. He’s easy to make conversation with. Talked about zero basketball.

We were driving around Richmond Road subdivisions just because the weather was nice. He was walking a dog in a stroller (lol). We stopped and had our 13 year old daughter say GO CATS, because who’s gonna be mean to a 13 year old girl?

He was nice, asked how all of us were doing, we said great and good luck this year and drove off. Seemed like a personable guy.

Reactions: BrickandMortar
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT