ADVERTISEMENT

Has Twitter changed their "viewing" policy for non subscribers?

Threads announced they’re throttling views… lol. So I guess both Zuck and Elon are shitty businessmen.

Threads seems to be a couple million people doing the Travolta which way meme except they haven’t figured out how to allow gifs yet.

I noticed this the other day. I’m permanently banned for various incidents of swearing and trolling, but still used the platform as a way to find sports news and info.

I wasn’t able to watch the UK/Germany game live so I was checking Kyle Tucker’s feed for updates and got rate limited.

App deleted. Problem solved.

His Twitter decision making is shockingly bad, which is where people crap on him the most. Guy can't be a genius at everything. Even if you lie and say you love the constant ads, spam bots, and user restrictions, you've gotta at least wonder what he's thinking trying to rebrand Twitter, something most of the world knows and accepts, to X. I mean, that's some dumb shit. That doesn't translate to people leaving the platform in droves though. I hear people say he's ruining it or will ruin it, yet most of those people still use Twitt-I mean, X. But X? Really? That'd be like some guy calling himself catturd online. Who'd do that?

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
And it's a bummer for someone like me who doesn't want to sign up yet I still get news and entertainment value out of the platform by scrolling. There's a local met who constantly updates his feed when severe weather hits which is incredibly useful...and I wasn't able to see his tweets yesterday as storms were rolling in. Same if god forbid another mass shooting occurs or a traffic emergency happens. I know some love new Twitter because FREEDOM or something. Doesn't change the fact that Elon is treating the platform like it's his own personal toy and every time he tinkers with it, he seems to make it worse.
It’s a private business, right?

There's literally nothing rgarnold said that was false and made up. Massive voter fraud and millions of votes changed was the claim. After the election was certified, many making those claims backed off and admitted Biden won, and some like Newsmax were forced to read statements because they didn't want to be sued. Parlor had little to no moderation and allowed talk of violence against specific individuals, and private companies chose to not be apart of that mess. If you don't recall what happened from Nov to Jan, maybe you're the one with dementia.

I've been on it for over ten years. Also I understand how data or screen scraping works and why someone wants to do it.

If you're scrolling through 800 tweets a day and still want more, that's probably a user that needs to evaluate their daily life.

Even so, I check Twitter several times a day, follow thousands of people, and I never hit the limit. So imo it was much ado about nothing other than another opportunity for lemmings to jump on the outrage train.
And, advertisers don’t want to buy for hits that are not actual viewers, right? So, I don’t think this impacts his ad revenue, unless he wants to get paid for misleading advertisers about how many views they receive.

His Twitter decision making is shockingly bad, which is where people crap on him the most. Guy can't be a genius at everything. Even if you lie and say you love the constant ads, spam bots, and user restrictions, you've gotta at least wonder what he's thinking trying to rebrand Twitter, something most of the world knows and accepts, to X. I mean, that's some dumb shit. That doesn't translate to people leaving the platform in droves though. I hear people say he's ruining it or will ruin it, yet most of those people still use Twitt-I mean, X. But X? Really? That'd be like some guy calling himself catturd online. Who'd do that?
Really shocked me to catch up in this thread and find you are not taking a pro-Twitter position. Really really surprised by that. 😝

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT