ADVERTISEMENT

Has Twitter changed their "viewing" policy for non subscribers?

Jun 30, 2023
I am not now a Twitter subscriber and have never been. However, for years, I have been able to read several Sports Personalitie's Twitter feeds, such as Matt Jones. Jack Pilgrim, Goodman and several others. However, starting last night (6/29/23), I can no longer read those sites. For example, now when I click on "Jones" site, instead of his Twitter posts being present, it now takes me to the Twitter sign in/sign up page. Previously, as a non-Twitter member, I could not comment on any Twitter post/feed...nor did I want to. I simply read them to keep up with the latest "breaking" UK sports news. Also, as everyone knows, many Rupp Rafters posters include a Twitter post (from Jones, etc.) in their comments. I can no longer click on those posted Twitter items on Rupp Rafters to view the tweet in more detail and/or any follow-up responses. Has Twitter changed their policy regarding non-subscribers? Finally, I am a long time Rupp Rafters reader...12-15 years...but rarely posted--only 2-3 times. My original username back then was CuttingNets or something similar. I couldn't remember my exact username and/or password from years ago and created a new account today to try to fond an answer to my Twitter problem. I do not want to subscribe to Twitter (nor Facebook or Instagram for that matter). Any help, suggestions, solutions appreciated.

Reactions: G-PIP
"it now takes me to the Twitter sign in/sign up page."
Sounds like it changed under Musk.

Just tried viewing in an incognito window and same thing, didn't take me to tweet took me to a log in/sign up page. Lame.

Yes.

Funny thing is, it used to be “open access”, then they locked it down at some point in late ‘20/early ‘21.

At some point, they opened it back up. Now, it’s locked down again.

Reactions: blubo
Yeah Twitter is dead at the moment, limiting the amount of tweets a person can see per day is absolutely ridiculous. Elon will change the policy or he will see a lot of people leave the platform.

But seriously, if you are mad because you can't read over 6k post a day, who may need ro analyze your life

People haven’t even read that many tweets in a day and they are limiting those people too it seems like . I know I haven’t read 600 tweets in one day and mine is limited . They are just trying to get people to subscribe .

I love twitter but I won’t be paying for it .

for all you crying about twitter and Musk, remember this
nearly every link on here FB and BB comes from someones twitter account
very few come from other social media platforms

Yeah, that’s great. But if we are being cut off the links will decline.
i have been on twitter almost from the beginning
i am having no problems at all

do you know anyone that posts 300- 6000 times a day on twitter

Same for me big guy. And a lot of people as well. He’s limiting views, pretty sure the dumbass will reverse this due to outrage.
what is considered a view?
i can look at thousands of tweets
now how many you can click on and/or respond to is probably what they are calling a "view"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT