ADVERTISEMENT

Has the Game Passed Coach Cal By?

KYJamm

Senior
Apr 18, 2003
The once successful 'One and Done" formula has lost its effectiveness. In a panic, Kentucky has resorted to enlisting mercenaries (transfers) to fill out the team. That doesn't seem to be working out either. What is the next step for Kentucky to right the sinking ship?

The portal results are actually the main reason I feel so hopeless.

Two years in a row that two key portal players crap the bed during the last game of the season. Reeves and Grady last year had unbelievable choke games.

If we can't count on the portal, what hope do we have?

When coaches decide to stop changing, why do fans expect different results.

Its that simple.

His style just doesn't work with the players anymore. I work every day with youth and have seen how big of a difference millennials and Gen Z are. He's now coaching Gen Z and no longer coaching millennials. His yelling and screaming all season long sure didn't mold the guys into confident players come tourney time. He's failed to change and adapt.

beepbeep-racing.gif

His style just doesn't work with the players anymore. I work every day with youth and have seen how big of a difference millennials and Gen Z are. He's now coaching Gen Z and no longer coaching millennials. His yelling and screaming all season long sure didn't mold the guys into confident players come tourney time. He's failed to change and adapt.
This^^^^^^^

Yes it has. He's a has been. Wish I could get paid 9 million a year to produce mediocre results. This is on Mitch. Stupid contract. With this kind of money, there should be a base salary plus incentives. Cal isn’t incentivized to do better. Maybe in 3-4 years we’ll get a new coach that can actually coach and change their philosophy as the game changes. For now we are stuck with this idiot.

Cal hasn`t been the same coach since the 20/21 season when the MAGA`t part of our fanbase acted like Cal had committed the worst sin known to man for taking a knee during the playing of the national anthem and supporting his team before the Florida game in Gainsville period.

Cal hasn`t been the same coach since the 20/21 season when the MAGA`t part of our fanbase acted like Cal had committed the worst sin known to man for taking a knee during the playing of the national anthem and supporting his team before the Florida game in Gainsville period.
Then what a snowflake he is.

• Wow
Reactions: KYJamm
The days of pulling in elite high school talent, throwing them out on the court and expecting them to dominate no longer works.

These days a head coach needs to have the ability to navigate NIL, the transfer portal and figure out how to mold groups of players into a cohesive unit.

The once successful 'One and Done" formula has lost its effectiveness. In a panic, Kentucky has resorted to enlisting mercenaries (transfers) to fill out the team. That doesn't seem to be working out either. What is the next step for Kentucky to right the sinking ship?
What the one common denominator? There's your answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT