ADVERTISEMENT

Cal upset that older players are dominating CBB

I'd venture a guess that not a lot of coaches are happy about that as Cal isn't the first coach I've heard say this.
I think college athletics might need to call the wambalance.
Maybe someday one of these many bash Cal threads will get him fired.
Yeah, maybe mitch can find another BCG to hire. I hope he can find that scrap of paper he wrote his contract on. How much did that end up costing us?

Last edited:
Reactions: NociHTTP
“Having kids still playing our game that are 25, 26 and 27 years old, where they would be professionals under any other circumstances is tough,” Calipari told FOX Sports.
It isn't just "older" players. That makes it sound like he objects to upperclassmen. It's people who should have long since embarked on adulthood.

Then go get 25 and 27 year olds. Use it to your advantage like you did with one and done

Problem is he can’t or simply doesn’t want too

He is nothing but excuse after excuse.

I’m convinced more than ever he’s done at UK after this year

It isn't just "older" players. That makes it sound like he objects to upperclassmen. It's people who should have long since embarked on adulthood.
He's also basically admitting that he isn't into building rosters for championships. He's worried about the "kids" that he wants to get into the NBA. While his example is extreme (but true), he's never liked coaching a player more than a year or two tops as long as he's been at UK, maybe longer than that.

Reactions: DSGTCAT28
Go get some talented 22 - 25 year olds to go with talented freshman, problem solved. Now what to do with a coach that can’t come up with a play to get the ball in bounds!

“Having kids still playing our game that are 25, 26 and 27 years old, where they would be professionals under any other circumstances is tough,”

Funny, doesn’t cal realize his rush to get them through one year of college and into the NBA where they will still be 19 years old and playing against older professionals.

Looks like it was somebody's day at prison to use the computer, and they went back and dug up old threads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT