ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a movement to get Paw Patrol cancelled because one of the characters is cop, a cartoon dog cop is controversial in 2020. I think its finally time to brush up on my survival skills and move to Alaska, this world is not for me.

No. Not really. Here is a shitty article from a local news station that features a tweet from PepperoniDave (53 followers) and a tweet from Boooory (51 followers) that said to Cancel Chase and Defund Paw Patrol.

Maybe you should be wondering why such a shitty story and crappy editorials are published and what the motivations behind it are.

I’ll spend my Friday not worrying about PepperoniDave and his tweets

No. Not really. There is a shitty article from a local news station that features a tweet from PepperoniDave (53 followers) and a tweet from Boooory (51 followers) that said to Cancel Chase and Defund Paw Patrol.

Maybe you should be wondering why such a shitty story is published and what the motivations behind it are.

I’ll spend my Friday not worrying about PepperoniDave and his tweets
Well the New York Times found it fit to print so it made it a bit further than that...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...s/television/protests-fictional-cops.amp.html

Yeah there are like 5 articles from 'legit' news sources on the subject when you take the time to look it up.

In a 24/7 365 minute by minute news cycle, you’ve gotta create news content by any means necessary. If your profits aren’t continuously increasing on an infinity time scale you’re a failing business.

So work every angle, create an angle if you need to, and always remember to stoke fear, feed one side’s inherent bias while shitting all over the other side’s inherent bias. Clicks, ratings and profits are self sustaining if you engage emotionally. “News” is boring and people don’t care about things they aren’t offended by. All these billions won’t print themselves.

Unless, of course, you’re the federal government. In that situation, you gotta protect your power and re-election. So you pick a side, follow the “news” to get the pulse of your loudest constituents, and you pander to them at all costs. The loud ones influence the silent ones, or the silent ones don’t bother voting.

Once elected you can retreat to the back rooms where the real money lives and pass laws no one actually reads written by the companies who funded your campaign. Want to get a little something done for your State, that’s cool, but I’m going to need you to slide in a, b, and c. Don’t worry, no one will notice or care that much, they’re too busy arguing with each other on Facebook and Twitter.

Rinse, repeat, push us all further apart.

In a 24/7 365 minute by minute news cycle, you’ve gotta create news content by any means necessary. If your profits aren’t continuously increasing on an infinity time scale you’re a failing business.

So work every angle, create an angle if you need to, and always remember to stoke fear, feed one side’s inherent bias while shitting all over the other side’s inherent bias. Clicks, ratings and profits are self sustaining if you engage emotionally. “News” is boring and people don’t care about things they aren’t offended by. All these billions won’t print themselves.

Unless, of course, you’re the federal government. In that situation, you gotta protect your power and re-election. So you pick a side, follow the “news” to get the pulse of your loudest constituents, and you pander to them at all costs. The loud ones influence the silent ones, or the silent ones don’t bother voting.

Once elected you can retreat to the back rooms where the real money lives and pass laws no one actually reads written by the companies who funded your campaign. Want to get a little something done for your State, that’s cool, but I’m going to need you to slide in a, b, and c. Don’t worry, no one will notice or care that much, they’re too busy arguing with each other on Facebook and Twitter.

Rinse, repeat, push us all further apart.
Imagine all the people!

Little League “small group practices” are starting up soon. 52 covid rules. By far the best one is that kids can’t ride their bikes or walk to practice located in a public park (kids in this town ride their bikes everywhere fwiw). Going to be a blast!

Reactions: Hankshaker
Anyone actually read the stupid Times op-ed?

I read it. Here's the author. Nothing like letting someone who looks like this trigger Americans. Well done, NY Times!

author-amanda-hess-superJumbo-v2.png

Reactions: RunninRichie
Well you see Max (because we asked)...

Children have been sheltering in place at home under parental supervision. When you use a car parents are able to shelter their kids in their own car and transport them from their home cocoon to the baseball field small groups cocoon. Sanitize upon arrival and upon departure and all is good.

If kids roam the streets on their bikes or walk without supervision, we lose all control of the virus and it’s impossible to effectively perform contact tracing.

:confused:

It’s almost like there are too many rules because there are too many lawyers. Yet, the biggest complainers seem to be lawyers (present or former). It’s almost like you guys made your own bed here. Wow.
All the lawyers on here have been practicing long enough, we won't even mount a defense...just insert Alonzo Mourning gif.

-She seriously looks like a 3rd grader.

-There's no group in the world I'm less intimateed by than ANTIFA. A pack of girl scouts could take back the 2 blocks they're "occupying."

-Never really dove in on a political/news story like I have with covid. What they're doing is disgusting and it's almost all media and both polical parties. Comfortably numb moving forward on these things.

Last edited:
With Bubba Wallace doing his thing in NASCAR, now would be the time for him to bust out the 70's movie Greased Lightning starring Richard Pryor and Beau Bridges. It is about African / American race car driver Wendell Scott battling racism while trying to make it in a white mans sport. Could even change his name to Wendell Wallace or Bubba Scott. That would get the NASCAR fans woke, after getting the confederate flag removed from tracks, dude could stamped his permanent career in NASCAR. All of that praise just a month after losing his sponsor for quitting a video game. What a country.

With Bubba Wallace doing his thing in NASCAR, now would be the time for him to bust out the 70's movie Greased Lightning starring Richard Pryor and Beau Bridges. It is about African / American race car driver Wendell Scott battling racism while trying to make it in a white mans sport. Could even change his name to Wendell Wallace or Bubba Scott. That would get the NASCAR fans woke, after getting the confederate flag removed from tracks, dude could stamped his permanent career in NASCAR. All of that praise just a month after losing his sponsor for quitting a video game. What a country.

Wrong thread.

Hold up, Millennial Twitter- it’s cool to like Dave Chappelle again? He’s uncanceled? That’s a relief.

* Gonna make the long drive to Destin tomorrow. I need a vacation.

I'm sure I'll get guilted in to taking the kids down to the beach a few times, but I would be perfectly happy lounging in the pool all day.

* Do laxatives work? Asking for a friend.

* 'Bout to spend $300 on getting my car detailed. sch

* I wouldn't be worried about Antifa, but that SOB Obama took all my guns.

* Watched Snowpiercer the other night. Unique. Not sure if I liked it or hated it.

* Getting a Golden Tee arcade game for Father's Day. It has 4 different versions on it (3 courses each).

* I have perfected the shrimp taco.

* Brady James, what is the name of your card store? There are a few '76 Reds I need to complete my collection.

* Damn, I look good with a freshly shaved head and styled facial hair.

Watched Snowpiercer the other night. Unique. Not sure if I liked it or hated it.

Similar reaction here - that movie was hoisted upon me by both daughters and it left a couple of memories ...the unsettling kind mostly

speaking of tacos ...I always hated the idea of fish tacos but found I loved them in AZ - they CAN be the best taco possible

also - the slight change to use chopped cabbage marinated in lime/pepper (apparently an “authentic Tucson/Sonoran thing”) — while also ditching the cheese — makes a world of difference

UK announced basketball numbers for this year and Mintz is wearing #10 despite wearing #1 at Creighton.
1143103731.jpg.0.jpg

Feel free to make wild speculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT