ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m thinking many on here probably know or knew many more actual IU fans than I ever did* - and that’s probably a factor in your view ....

but I always LOVED that series I’m basketball growing up and up until we stopped playing them

don’t get me wrong - I like how UK apparently but them off after the infamous event that occurred ...but I would LOVE to have that series back on the slate again soon

* footnote denotes the fact that I knew exactly ZERO Indiana fans down near middlesboro where I grew up .....none......not damn neutral accented -corn growing-slobberfuk of an IU fan EVER crossed my wildly tangential path ......HELL I knew an Iranian kid at Ellen Meyers Elementary but NO Hoosiers .....life’s funny

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
I’m just now finding out that my dads dad wasn’t even legitimate- he was a love child from some traveling dickdangler named MONROE ....they just named that little pecker wood gift (sorry great grandad) Cox anyway so no one would be you know - surprised or UNCOMFORTABLE....

and my momma tells me this over biscuits and gravy only a few months ago like she’d forgotten to tell me to pick up eggs or something ....

I’ve honestly learned more freaky stuff about my family in the last two years than I have the previous 40 -

I think it just comes with the territory of being the youngest of an old school Appalachian family

....they’re figuring I’m old enough now to hear such things - bless us all everyone and whatnot

Read a book review the other day that said the Texas Rangers were all vigilante, lynching white supremacists.

If the book is Empire of the Summer Moon by Sam Gwynne about the war between the Comanches and Texas, that's a damn good book. Both sides of those battles were straight thugs and needed to be because both were fighting a terrifying enemy.

I highly recommend that book.

Reactions: roguemocha
He is the epitome of Dunning Kruger. I wonder if he had that misplaced self importance before Duke and it just made it worse.

If the book is Empire of the Summer Moon by Sam Gwynne about the war between the Comanches and Texas, that's a damn good book. Both sides of those battles were straight thugs and needed to be because both were fighting a terrifying enemy.

That was a very interesting interview on Rogan as well. Haven’t read yet but it’s on the list.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Spitting, blowing snot, sneezing, and wiping body fluids on one another — is that safe now, or nah?

Seems to flip flop every day, and I’d really like to see the latest research. Any doctors or scientists post on here?

Started feeling really cocky last night and wanted to race my son. Told him I used to crush his 100 times back in the day.

Yeah that didn’t work out so well.

:(

Work out instructor, I’m dating, tells me she can beat me in a sprint. If I win the workout is done. Have her beat about 25 yards in. Then bam it feels like somebody shot me in the back of my leg. I fall over. She sprints past. Raises her hands in victory. Old age is a mf’r.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy

Next in my queue. Finishing up Krakauer's Where Men Win Glory.

Wut? Wat?11?1!?11!

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/christian-watford-discusses-his-btn-documentary-about-the-wat-shot-

Indiana has many all-time greats connected to the basketball program, but in recent years, there may be none more popular than Christian Watford. While his career at Indiana went far beyond one single shot, the 'Wat Shot' will go down in IU history as one of those 'where were you when' moments.

Because of that, the Big Ten Network created a documentary surrounding the shot and aired it on Thursday as part of Indiana's Big Ten Network takeover day.

Think about all the road games to random teams we have lost to in dramatic fashion the past 10 years. None of those programs even remember it anymore, much less cherish it like a cult.

So weird.

Reactions: FearThe Blue
41 email chain yesterday about team/group selection for the Little League Baseball Camp season. No games, just practice. 52 rules. And team selection is by far the biggest topic of discussion.

Feels good to be back!!!

Reactions: anthonys735
Wife’s birthday

grilled pineapple covered in cinnamon and brown sugar

BLT’s

yellow cake and chocolate icing

her first taste of toasted down home
I was blitzing DH toasted last night. Mellow juice, warm long finish... was nice and buttery.

Reactions: krazykats
Woodford batch proof for boat dad Tonight.

Pumped for the McGwire/Sosa 30 in a few. Growing up he was my favorite player#BashBros

Pink cake / pink icing -

unless we’re talking about home recipes then it’s 1) mommas apple stack cake and 2) my momma-in-laws Italian cream cake ...

Pretty big cake fan here ....

opposite end of that spectrum ?

pie with meringue ....:mad:

I hope the documentary shows the part where Rick Reilly punks Sosa TF out, offering to have him drug tested on the spot during a locker room interview.

F him and his racially offensive whiteface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT