ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that more concerning than every.single.registered.voter’s personal info being stolen? That was a hoot.

What did everybody have for lunch? I had a turkey sandwich.

Same.

With very limited options, I ended up at Subway. Actually sat down at a table. Didn’t wear a mask. Used the rest room.

Personal liberty and freedom feels F’ing amazing.

How about that Wisconsin game? Man, what a doozy.

I actually went back and watched it recently. I also watched The Dream Game again. No matter how redass we think we get during games, there could never have been the level of redass that was achieved during that game. The stretch from the end of the first half into the early-mid 2nd when we turned the ball over 4-5 straight against the press may be the most maddening sequence in UK history.

I was only a month shy of 3 so I don't remember but I've seen it 3 times now. I get pissed each time. We couldn't even get the ball inbounds. We just kept throwing it away. I've never seen a team that inept at handling a press.

And for it to happen in that game against that team with what was at stake only adds to the fury. They were the 1 seed and we were the 3 seed and we were up double digits until the debacle. I couldn't imagine how I would have reacted. I may have killed somebody.

Chief, 73, that old dude who hates soccer, what was it like?

Reactions: roguemocha
I actually went back and watched it recently. I also watched The Dream Game again. No matter how redass we think we get during games, there could never have been the level of redass that was achieved during that game. The stretch from the end of the first half into the early-mid 2nd when we turned the ball over 4-5 straight against the press may be the most maddening sequence in UK history.

I was only a month shy of 3 so I don't remember but I've seen it 3 times now. I get pissed each time. We couldn't even get the ball inbounds. We just kept throwing it away. I've never seen a team that inept at handling a press.

And for it to happen in that game against that team with what was at stake only adds to the fury. They were the 1 seed and we were the 3 seed and we were up double digits until the debacle. I couldn't imagine how I would have reacted. I may have killed somebody.

Another old here. And it was JUST like that. Bird fans driving up and down the street honking horns. Just awful.

UK bball fans of the 80s had it worst.
80- lost to Duke
81- UAB
82- Middle Tennessee
83- The "Dream" Game
84- 3 for 33
85- not a factor
86- F'n Dale Brown
87- not a factor
88- lose as a 2 seed to 6 seed Nova
89- worst season ever

Plus our 2 main rivals snag 2 titles apiece. Oh, and there was that probation/ Kentucky Shame thing that kinda sucked. Thank God for the 90s!

1985 we may have been a non-factor, but as a 12-seed we beat a 5- seed Washington, a 4-seed UNLV ,and had a 9- point lead against 1-seed St. John's until Chris Mullin decided to gouge out Kenny Walker's eye ( and would always wear goggles for the rest of his career as a result) So that might have been the most exciting postseason run in the 80's.

IIRC, UL came from 17 down to Arkansas the previous game. At least UK whipped IUs ass that tournament.

I don't remember much about the Dream Game. Not even sure I saw it live honestly, might have had a game. Do remember the next years loss vividly though.

Still have some 'Cats Will Battle in Seattle' gear at my parents.

Reactions: roguemocha
80- lost to Duke @Rupp no less
81- UAB - Bowie played injured, same weekend as US Reed shot, St. Joes over DePaul
82- Middle Tennessee - No idea wtf happened.
83- The "Dream" Game - Still thought it was a great game/setting.
84- 3 for 33 - ****!
85- not a factor - Upset both Washington/UNLV
86- F'n Dale Brown - 4th time playing, same with Bama but yeah, choked this one.
87- not a factor - Lost to tOSU?
88- lose as a 2 seed to 6 seed Nova - Another Choke job, 2A vacates it anyway.
89- worst season ever

Plus our 2 main rivals snag 2 titles apiece. Oh, and there was that probation/ Kentucky Shame thing that kinda sucked. Thank God for the 90s!

80s were a rough time for JBH.

I am on the same side as most of these sportswriters as it relates to the current racial tensions throughout this nation, but a lecture from a white, middle-class journalist (or any white, as far as that goes) about how to be more empathetic for African Americans seems a little misguided. Perhaps I should pay more attention to those actually affected?

Reactions: jayroon
1983 Middle Tennessee: We was skeert to play the Cards in the second round is wtf happened.*

Per my Card fan friends.
I was 12 when Dream Game was played and living in Oldham County in early '80s and it was a full year of hearing from Card fans that we tanked that MTSU game out of fear to play them and then to end up losing to them sucked even more.

1983 Middle Tennessee: We was skeert to play the Cards in the second round is wtf happened.*

Per my Card fan friends.

Probably why Terry Howard gagged on those FTs back in '75 so UL didn't have to play UK in the Finals. I honestly have no recollection of that MTSU game except it was played in Nashville.

80- lost to Duke
81- UAB
82- Middle Tennessee
83- The "Dream" Game
84- 3 for 33
85- not a factor
86- F'n Dale Brown
87- not a factor
88- lose as a 2 seed to 6 seed Nova
89- worst season ever

2000-2009 wasn't exactly worth remembering either. Didn't have to watch UL and IU win titles though. 4 totally non factor years and maybe really 7 non factor years. And Billy Gillepsie

2003 was my favorite team of my life. Obviously not the best and the ending sucked, but damn that team was fun and I was in college and everything was awesome.

Reactions: jayroon
Big week for white people on Facebook patting themselves on the back for not being racist tho
My favorites posts by white people are the “racism explainer” articles that explain that white people shouldn’t be posting “racism explainers” on their social media.

Good to get the word out on that about not getting the word out on that, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT