ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
GISH turns 29 today. Man, what an album.

220px-SmashingPumpkins-Gish.jpg

No.

White liberals virtue signaling while those they support loot stores.

#Merica

At least they weren't compared to Hitler.

Gotta go to work. Burn the bitch down and sleep in the ashes for all I care.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Riots suck and all, but I’m curious when the DA is going to have enough evidence to establish probable cause to arrest on a murder charge. I know it’s tough though, since they only have a 10 minute close up HD video of a slow and steady kill while the victim lays motionless. Must be a really tough call for them. Might be his first indictment of the year with the super tough probable cause standard that I’m sure they apply to everyone before charging them.

I'm shocked they fired the officers rather than suspending them with pay pending the results of an "investigation" that will be stalled until the media has focused its attention elsewhere.

* I'm sure any home invader with a lick of sense already screams "POLICE!" when they kick in a door any way. No-knock warrants are usually stupid and just an excuse for the police to show off their swat training.

So if someone busts into your home without identifying themselves, the best thing to do is wait and see who they are before shooting?

Why not just identify yourself as police? Seems easy enough.
#thinblueline

don’t try to reason with the backers of the blue. If someone busts in your door you absolutely have the right to defend your home and the woman laying in bed beside you (RIP).

there was literally a cop shooting at them from outside the house with no idea who or where his target was.

I have no problem with riots if they are directed at the PD and not locally owned businesses

- Don't think white people driving in from the suburbs is the main reason Minneapolis is burning right now. JMO.

- I wonder how quickly the police and national guard would roll in, guns blazing, if the rioters specifically went to target the homes/businesses of the Mayor and city officials? Just a little reminder that those people don't care about you and will let your neighborhood/business/school be destroyed if it is politically advantageous.

My buddy is a 42 year old former OL and still 285 and his wife has 50 lbs on him. They both got covid and hers was more time in bed and he was asymptomatic.

That was probably another reason I felt better. That and seeing old people without masks wave and tell me good morning.

No. First of all your retired friend is irrelevant.

Could one of them die? Sure. "But to date As of March 16, 2020 no fatalities or ICU admissions had been reported in persons aged 19 years or younger." According to the link he embedded in his own thread. Not sure about that as according to Worldometers, NYC had a whopping 9 deaths under 19 with 6 having preexisting conditions. And if you keep scrolling down you see that comorbidity doesn't list obesity as a high risk factor without hypertension, diabetes, respiratory issues.

In short the OL are WAY more likely to die of heat stroke, car wreck, lightening, meteor, etc.

He's making an issue where there isn't one.

My dad has been saying for weeks that things will really start to change when the riots start. Said he watched this in the 60s and the environment right now isn’t much different, except that now you throw social media gasoline into the fire which amplifies things exponentially. I didn’t believe him about the riots but I guess history does repeat itself. The Minneapolis murder was awful, but throw in coronavirus lockdowns, high unemployment, an unpopular president, and a divided country, it’s a recipe for disaster.

The world is a very sad place right now.

The world has always been a sad place. People protect themselves by living inside their own little bubbles. They use diversions (like sports) to keep from thinking about it.

Now though the veil is being lifted for more and more people and they’re having to confront the reality of the world they’ve created and live in.

Don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing.

If things keep breaking down city by city then it's probably going to end up worse for all because it's opening it up for the feds to step in and take control.

Meh, world isn't a sad place. It's fantastic. 50 or 60+ years ago if this would've happened millions would've died. The world just shut down in a matter of hours for over 3 months to save the lives off a relatively(key word) small number of people. All while sacrificing their mental health, businesses, jobs, and rights in the process. Our healthcare system worldwide stood up pretty f*cking well to a pandemic like we've not seen in a 100 years. Same with, for now, our economic systems. There's tons of great news out there so don't let pockets of bullshit, dumbass politicians, and selfish members of media drag you down.

Meh, world isn't a sad place. It's fantastic. 50 or 60+ years ago if this would've happened millions would've died. The world just shut down in a matter of hours for over 3 months to save the lives off a relatively(key word) small number of people. All while sacrificing their mental health, businesses, jobs, and rights in the process. Our healthcare system worldwide stood up pretty f*cking well to a pandemic like we've not seen in a 100 years. Same with, for now, our economic systems. There's tons of great news out there so don't let pockets of bullshit, dumbass politicians, and selfish members of media drag you down.

And there’s the bubble I was talking about.

Bullshit. Nearly every measurable factor of life has improved worldwide over the last 30 years. If you want to live in a miserable existence dwelling on the small amounts of ugly, go for it. I prefer the good parts.

My dude you’re white, upper middle class, college educated and own a business. Society has been structured to benefit you. No shame to admit that. I do all the time.

Now if you’re poor, black or brown, and can say that you’re better off now than thirty years ago in this country I got some books you can read.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
My dude you’re white, upper middle class, college educated and own a business. Society has been structured to benefit you. No shame to admit that. I do all the time.

Now if you’re poor, black or brown, and can say that you’re better off now than thirty years ago in this country I got some books you can read.

My parents grew up in Shivley and Fairdale, Ky are both high school drop outs, got married as teens, busted their ass working 2-3 jobs, my grandma was the daughter of a share cropper in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, she died in her 40s from lung cancer because she smoked unfiltered cigs, grandfather first generation American by Sicilian immigrants that came here at 16 years old and he spent his career in a pickle factory, he's a WW2 Purple Heart recipient and continued working until he was 85. My other grandparents were absolute pieces trash, one dying of drug overdose the other morbid obesity. In my family, both sides, we have like 4 total college educated members and about twice that many drug overdose deaths.

So save the f*cking lecture you little woke bitch.

Last edited:
Let's not forget that MoC praised the Chinese government for their outstanding COVID response. So whatever neo-Marxist shit he's babbling about ought to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Broken homes, despair, serious mental health issues, drug abuse, random acts of violence, etc. are all way up. While social cohesion, community interaction, etc. are way down.

But we live an extra few years on average* and have big TVs. Pretty sure we're living on easy street.

*Please don't come in here quoting some idiocy about people on average only living to 25 years old or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT