ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broken homes, despair, serious mental health issues, drug abuse, random acts of violence, etc. are all way up. While social cohesion, community interaction, etc. are way down.

But we live an extra few years on average* and have big TVs. Pretty sure we're living on easy street.

*Please don't come in here quoting some idiocy about people on average only living to 25 years old or something.
Bread, circuses, etc.

Reactions: Brandan Stroud
My parents grew up in Shivley and Fairdale, Ky are both high school drop outs, got married as teens, busted their ass working 2-3 jobs, my grandma was the daughter of a share cropper in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, she died in her 40s from lung cancer because she smoked unfiltered cigs, grandfather first generation American by Sicilian immigrants that came here at 16 years old and he spent his career in a pickle factory, he's a WW2 Purple Heart recipient and continued working until he was 85. My other grandparents were absolute pieces trash, one dying of drug overdose the other morbid obesity. In my family, both sides, we have like 4 total college educated members and about twice that many drug over dose deaths.

So save the f*cking lecture you little woke bitch.

I’m not going to play struggle Olympics with you but you have privilege as a white male and your barriers to success were not the same as a black man in this country. The data bears that out over and over again.

Mass incarceration rates, poverty statistics, birth rates, education rates, environmental justice, etc all show that things are not substantially better for black and brown folks than thirty years ago.

Something was really odd about that case. The boyfriend who shot at the cops was arrested - and although they have dismissed charges - they still said they might charge him again.

Had it just been a situation where dudes in plain clothes bust in your house and you shoot at one, it would seem like it would be easy to drop all charges. That may have been the case, but it seems like something else is up. I even wonder if the cops had something against the boyfriend given all the other stuff going on that you mentioned.

Yeah the whole thing is odd. And then we find out that this group of cops that executed the no knock warrant is some special task force that doesn't wear body cameras. Which is ridiculous.

Think the past 100 or so years have shown a marked decline in important human factors outside of technological advancement? Well, you must think we're all going to die.

This is the insight you can only get from someone who read a book once

I’m a firm believer if we don’t get off this rock as a species we’re going to go extinct within 200 years be it through war, climate change, etc.

I had no idea having a big screen meant everyone coming over to my house for the game, and what do they bring? CHIPS! If it weren't for Boone's butcher shop I'd be broke trying to feed them all. Should I go for one of Boone's freezer baskets or meat bundles...I'm going with the cookout special bundle. Now, over to the deli for some cheese, grab some marinades - I love Boone's Butcher Shop, they've got it all!

Ordered a grilled cheese at work on a whim. Started a trend with the few folks behind me. Too much butter, but hard to mess up a grilled cheese. Should've added some deli meat for a melt - dig making those at the house.

Friday 5
Return of the Mack - Mark Morrison
Lucky - Seven Mary Three
Pink Houses - John Cougar Mellencamp
Would - Alice in Chains
Who Am I? (What's My Name) - Snoop

I’m not going to play struggle Olympics with you but you have privilege as a white male and your barriers to success were not the same as a black man in this country. The data bears that out over and over again.

Mass incarceration rates, poverty statistics, birth rates, education rates, environmental justice, etc all show that things are not substantially better for black and brown folks than thirty years ago.

The 'environmental justice' barb really brought it home.

I can’t even imagine how hard GeeseFeeder is trolling random Facebook users in the local news stations comments section right now.

This is his Super Bowl.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
My dude you’re white, upper middle class, college educated and own a business. Society has been structured to benefit you. No shame to admit that. I do all the time.

Now if you’re poor, black or brown, and can say that you’re better off now than thirty years ago in this country I got some books you can read.

Society has been structured to benefit you. You really need to elaborate on this one.

And your second statement is rather amusing and pretty much throws all common sense out the window, especially since the 8 years BTD (Before The Donald) the majority of the policies from that administration were catered to assisting the poor, black, or brown....and keep them from getting out and achieving success on their own merits and hard work. Ben Carson would love to debate this with you.

I heard the virus was released to get everyone to take the vaccine, when they will inject us all with alien dna to create a hybrid race.

#unity

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT