ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the day, around 1998 actually, we’d call that kind of gal a humdinger!

I bet you are. I mean if it was doctor prescribed then you could get high and not only not have to pay for it yourself but all other tax paying Americans will have to pay for it for you. Win-win
I have no idea what this means. Are you saying tax payers have to pay for my weed? I’m pretty sure they tax the eff out of it already. I pay for it out of pocket, I don’t get it under insurance numb nuts.

Not sure if you’re stupid or very high.

Reactions: Col. Angus
If creed is anti marijuana he can consider himself ignored. Only an honestly stupid person could be be against legalizing weed. I implore anyone to show me it’s downsides especially compared to alcohol.

Reactions: justa
- I'm not sure there was a more beautiful song as a kid than the ending credits of This Week In Baseball.

*slow motion*

Eric Davis robbing a home run, Ozzie Smith doing his trademark roundoff back-handspring, multiple 80's legends hitting dingers. All to the sound of that music.

That show was cocaine for pre-teen MattsCats. Mel Allen, shew wee. #twibnotes

- Irad Ortiz with a ho-hum, 7-straight wins today at Gulfstream. He is firmly on the cusp of my Mount Rushmore of jockeys. Dude is totally on fire.

If you would have wagered $10 on his first win and just let it roll, you would have walked out with over $12,000.

- PM Dawn's music was the epitome of my high school years when it came to "coming of age" experiments. Saw my first pair of titties and also lost my virginity to "Looking Through Patient Eyes."

Might head to the pub tonight and ask them to play the song.

- Saw a tweet asking what Cal non-lottery pick you'd want to add to this team.

Tyler Ulis or Terrance Jones instantly came to mind.

- Getting back on finding old VHS tapes, put one in that had nothing but Mike Tyson HBO taped fights.

That Spinks annihilation still amazes me. 34-0 at 21 years old? Laugh. My. Ass. Off. You'll never convince me there was another boxer in history that could hang with PEAK Tyson.

I do think that might have been the fight Don King started to ruin that dynasty.

- Excuse me, buds and lassies texting to get to the pub for darts, pizza, horse racing talk, and tons of beer.

They don't know they'll be listening to PM Dawn songs.

Remember being beyond pissed that UK did not cancel classes.
They did cancel classes at least part of that week. I remember skipping classes Monday and maybe part of Tuesday, then being out rest of the week. "Couldn't make it to class" but made it to Liquor Barn for multiple kegs and a week-long snow party at University Commons.

I still don’t get people looking back at doing blow and say man i want to do it again. That stuff leads to places no one wants to go again.

Maybe it was the massive amounts I saw all through my 30s too idk. Just 🤢.

Champs skating rink 92-94 sometime PM Dawn with the Boomerang theme song Die without you got a young krazy several “first” kisses.

To the contrary PM Dawn set a memory of bliss was a great jam skate track.

Sad that my kids have no clue about skating rinks. Showed them old pics my folks had of me with the low cut jam skates and “merry go round” gear(skidz or z cavaricci for non Jefferson mall shoppers) galore!

Embarrassing I guess, but I’d go back to that time in my life yday.

#drunkAF

Edit: F5 jam skate edition

1- Atomic Dog
2- Humpty Dance
3- Ice Ice Baby
4- Memory of Bliss
5- Knockin Boots

Last edited:
Woke up to 4 of our 7 kids violently vomiting with 1 positive COVID result from home tests.

Awesome!

So what do I do? Check the gambol lines.

Should be a helluva a day tomorrow based on these wild ass lines. Lots of great games and quite a few upsets looming.

🍿

Woke up to 4 of our 7 kids violently vomiting with 1 positive COVID result from home tests.

Awesome!

So what do I do? Check the gambol lines.

Should be a helluva a day tomorrow based on these wild ass lines. Lots of great games and quite a few upsets looming.

🍿
Slip out on a last minute trip before the wife wakes up and play dumb to it all.

Reactions: entropy13
-Had my first beer in 34 days last night, 2 actually and shewboy they tasted delicious.

-Have to wonder about these glorified “fights” in the NBA where no one takes an actual punch and they all swing like they’re middle school girls. Just a bunch of clothes grabbing and flailing around, sad.

I’d love to see one hockey enforcer take on like 3 NBA players at a time and see how many groups of 3 they’d get through before finally losing, it could well be all of them.

-Gym and then heading to Etown for the “blind date”.

-Back to Lex for Sushi Blue with some of the work crew.

-Basketball tonight.

-Might get wild during the game and put my new door knobs on throughout the house, you never know.

#SolidSaturday

- I have a big nose so “The Humpty Dance” would always make me self conscious. I’d run off to the bathroom while it was playing. Thought about getting plastic surgery just so I could enjoy that song the way it was meant to be.

- Rondo and Cal sounds like a buddy cop drama where two zany dudes try to solve a human trafficking case despite their personality flaws.

- Really enjoyed the snow storm of ‘98 /nocoke UK did cancel classes. I think I lived off LaBamba’s that weekend. Miss that place.

- We have a rare Saturday off. I get to be a fan all day. Smoking some wings and enjoying a couple of domestos. Maybe the Cats will win? Sure hope so!

- House full of teenagers. Approximately 1/10th of last night’s student section stayed over at my house. Freakin’ day off and I’m running kids all over BG like an Uber. Wake up and get the heck out, kids! Dad has things to do.

I had a philospophy class at UK and the professor had dreads and was cool as can be. We had a test scheduled for day 2 during the great blizzard of '98 and this was really before email became that widely used (remember that trash .pop account?) - so communication was no different than the 1950's. Anyway, while all of you were fully enjoying the snow, me and all of my classmates were studying for the exam. And we all dutifly showed up for class at 9:30 AM. Well, all except the professor. I think I went straight back to the dorms, crushed a Natty Lite, and then played snow football the rest of the day.

- I have a big nose so “The Humpty Dance” would always make me self conscious. I’d run off to the bathroom while it was playing. Thought about getting plastic surgery just so I could enjoy that song the way it was meant to be.
Should have embraced tickling lassies' rears and getting busy in Burger King bathrooms, imo.

Just eight and half more hours to go til tip off.

-Sure, it was no Humpty Dance but I feel sometimes No Nose Job never quite got the credit it deserved. One of many bangers from DU.

Kansas getting ran in Ames. Of course they put up 21, and shoot horribly this week instead of last.

8:30 tip is being a bit conservative. Duke UNC starting at 6:30, most likely puts the tip around 8:45 at best, close to 9pm at worst. Likely on ESPNNews for the first few minutes.

Noon-2pm tip is becoming my preferred slot over 4-6pm primetime. That early win makes watching the rest of the day seem like free money. 8-9pm tips are the absolute worst once you hit 40+.

- I'm not sure there was a more beautiful song as a kid than the ending credits of This Week In Baseball.

*slow motion*

Eric Davis robbing a home run, Ozzie Smith doing his trademark roundoff back-handspring, multiple 80's legends hitting dingers. All to the sound of that music.

That show was cocaine for pre-teen MattsCats. Mel Allen, shew wee. #twibnotes

- Irad Ortiz with a ho-hum, 7-straight wins today at Gulfstream. He is firmly on the cusp of my Mount Rushmore of jockeys. Dude is totally on fire.

If you would have wagered $10 on his first win and just let it roll, you would have walked out with over $12,000.

- PM Dawn's music was the epitome of my high school years when it came to "coming of age" experiments. Saw my first pair of titties and also lost my virginity to "Looking Through Patient Eyes."

Might head to the pub tonight and ask them to play the song.

- Saw a tweet asking what Cal non-lottery pick you'd want to add to this team.

Tyler Ulis or Terrance Jones instantly came to mind.

- Getting back on finding old VHS tapes, put one in that had nothing but Mike Tyson HBO taped fights.

That Spinks annihilation still amazes me. 34-0 at 21 years old? Laugh. My. Ass. Off. You'll never convince me there was another boxer in history that could hang with PEAK Tyson.

I do think that might have been the fight Don King started to ruin that dynasty.

- Excuse me, buds and lassies texting to get to the pub for darts, pizza, horse racing talk, and tons of beer.

They don't know they'll be listening to PM Dawn songs.
Oookay?

- "Lucille" by Kenny Rogers we always be my sentimental favorite song.

Sitting in the kitchen on a barstool with my grandpa (Pappy) watching The Price is Right (volume turned down for some reason) and a Kenny tape playing that song.

He's puffing on a heater (Pall Mall; unfiltered) and sipping on a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

He'd randomly laugh and say, "The MattMAN!" while he spit out some tobacco from those cigs.

- Speaking of The Price is Right, check out: Perfect Bid: The Contestant Who Knew Too Much.

Guy spent years memorizing prices of prizes on the show and made it his goal to win on the show. No spoilers, but wow.

- LMAO at Santa Anita with a four horse, Derby Prep race. But get this...they are all Bob Baffert horses and can't gain any points towards the Derby.

But give me Newgate if we're picking.

Santa Anita is TRASH.

If we're looking at the other Derby prep (Gulfstream Race 12 - Holy Bull), it's hard to pass up Irad on the 1 (Lord Miles), but the class and speed on 2 (Cyclone Mischief) looks good.

- O'Shea Jackson absolutely nailed his dad in Straight Outta Compton. He deserved an Oscar nomination, as did that movie.

And while we're at it, I'll always think of BdDK and TheShowKiller when listening to a random Nate Dogg/EasyE/nWa song.

- I'm totally fine with a Saturday-We-Are-Feeling-Dizzy-After-A-Long-Night-Of-Drinking-And-Just-Want-To-Microwave-15-Pizza-Rolls lunch.

- Give me one of those Rupp blow outs that starts in the first half and the crowd keeps it rolling tonight.

The PM Dawn song worked, by the way. Two new contacts added.

Iowa State destroying Kansas. I'm still convinced had they not lost 3 in a row coming in to Rupp, with Self never having lost 4 in a row, they wouldn't have put forth as much effort and UK likely wins.

Or they aren't very good this year but better than us.

Reactions: Col. Angus
So I know this is obvious but it’s absolutely apart of some of our struggles shooting the ball from deep.

Shooters naturally are a bit more tense in close games or when their team is behind. So our slow starts compound the issue for a guy like CJ who is a “pure” shooter, whereas a guy like Reeves is a flat out scorer that “can shoot”.

I don’t know if there is a stat on the shooting percentage when ahead vs when behind but I’d guess if there was it would prove that right, and explain another dynamic to why shooters struggle here amongst the obvious other issues.

Kansas today is shooting like crap, and they were against us too until the last 7 minutes where they were ahead and a little more free to shoot.

I keep forgetting this is a cyber diary for the Richie Rich's. Not that the vast majority of the poors wouldn't see me this way of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT