ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collins with some good minutes last night. Am I the only one who thinks he may be our best option at the 5 next year? Rebounding may be an issue but love what he gives us vertically on both ends and has pick-n-pop potential.
I definitely think you could see a year 3 Nick Richards type jump for Collins.

Reactions: jayroon and parrott
I definitely think you could see a year 3 Nick Richards type jump for Collins.
If he gains 15lbs, then maybe, which would put him around 225lbs. He has 5" on Reeves and only weighs 5lbs more. By contrast, Nick Richard was nearly 250lbs.

Unless he gets stronger, he'll continue to get eaten alive by physical bigs in the SEC.

Put him on that Walter McCarty diet/workout regimen.

Even as a kid I knew the rumors of 4 Big Macs a day or 5000 calories etc etc didn’t matter once I saw a live UK practice in Freedom Hall.

A 2 hour practice of nonstop full court drills that included maybe four 2 minute water breaks if they hits a certain amount of shots per drill.

But for a Calipari practice, maybe the 5000 calorie diet could work?

Go look at K State from last night. Seriously theirs was even closer to the basket and kind of funny to me.

Still can't believe the KHSAA decides the state champion by making the finalists play 2 games in 1 day. Maybe one of the dumbest things in all of HS sports.
Not only 2 games in 1 day, but the GRC game just ended. The finals now tip at 7pm. Not even 4 hours rest.

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
Having a day to nurse my nerves like the bjw I am is a great feeling. After tuning out for what feels like a decade Ill be rabid by 8am tomorrow.

Appreciate super dave gundy calling these guys out.

Reactions: wcc31
Who’s been the standout ballplayer in this year’s KY Sweet 16? How has Dennis Johnson’s boy looked?

^ No idea but some white kid that plays for Douglass threw a tantrum when he was called for his 5th foul. Not sure why he was on the court anyway because he wasn't good.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
The Johnson kid didn’t do much this morning - he’s still pretty skinny and has a hard time playing through contact and in the half court in general against good athletes. He’ll be hell when he fills out but needs to get stronger.

Reactions: wcc31
I understand that take, but then these same kids head to those leagues and can handle up to 3 games in one day sometimes if need be.

I will say back in the mid to late 90’s game 1 was 11am, and game 2 was 1pm then the state final was still 7pm so there was plenty of a break.

I understand that take, but then these same kids head to those leagues and can handle up to 3 games in one day sometimes if need be.
Playing for a state championship is a little different than a random Saturday of an AAU tournament.

Name another state that plays the semis and final in the same day.

You can't.

Because it's f*cking stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT