ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
- I can't give Sheppard too much flack for not defending at a high level. When you're the only one on your team who can *score the ball* (/Dykes), you're not gonna do anything to jeopardize your foul situation.

- I have long professed my admiration for Buzz....but that's pretty much limited to how he is off the court. I love the way his mind works, love his interviews, the behind-the-scenes stuff with his teams. But yeah, he's a spaz on the court whose teams are often hard to watch. TAMU is the perfect spot for him...a weirdo coaching at a weirdo place.

- I hope Cooley stays at Providence. I get why he'd take the Georgetown job (bigger market, better recruiting base, etc.), but I just like it when a coach stays at a place where they grew up, or attended, etc. It just means more.

- Man, Florida basketball sure slid to mediocrity pretty fast, didn't it?

- I'm no fan of Mick Cronin, but his postgame answer last night about winning and losing...well, I sure wish someone else acted this way:

"We don't take losing lightly...It's not okay to lose. I don't care who's hurt, who's out, who you're playing, where the game's at, what the refs are doing with the whistle; you got to find a way to win."

THAT>>>>We'll be alright, I like my team, etc. etc.

- Think today is a slight bit chalkier than yesterday, but I still like VCU over St. Mary's.

Here’s the Kool Aid I’m forcing myself to drink today:

Cal has made it well known he doesn’t care about the SECT. Literal zero effs given. He knows this team needed a rest and a reality check and losing twice to Vandy gave that to them. They don’t want to lose to a guy who got cut from the team during tryouts and then decided he was too good for them and went to an elite private school on the east coast and thinks he’s better than them! They’re focused now and are ready to play to their preseason ranking. March and April are what matters, not some BS in the fall and winter when it’s still football season. Also there was a tweak and were totally healthy.

I can't take Buzz seriously with those vests he wears.

Heading to Rupp for the Wofoco game. They've got their work cut out for them today, 21 for Etown is legit.

Sunday marks the 4 year anniversary since our last ncaa tournament win. Hopefully that isn't a Stat worth talking about after today

Happy St Patrick's day

Last edited:
Here’s the Kool Aid I’m forcing myself to drink today:

Cal has made it well known he doesn’t care about the SECT. Literal zero effs given. He knows this team needed a rest and a reality check and losing twice to Vandy gave that to them. They don’t want to lose to a guy who got cut from the team during tryouts and then decided he was too good for them and went to an elite private school on the east coast and thinks he’s better than them! They’re focused now and are ready to play to their preseason ranking. March and April are what matters, not some BS in the fall and winter when it’s still football season. Also there was a tweak and were totally healthy.
What if I told you that when his seat was hottest, Hall of Fame Coach John Vincent Calipari had an audacious plan?

With a promising roster coming in after the two most disappointing Kentucky seasons in memory, he purposefully designed an archaic offense focused on midrange jumpers for the entire regular season. Always known for his superior salesmanship, Calipari convinced the entire basketball world that his team was
trying to shoot most inefficient shot on the court.

This was a lie. Calipari carefully laid a trap that to this day rivals the Trojan Horse. When the Wildcats tipped against a Providence team featuring media favorite Ed Cooley and former Wildcat Bryce Hopkins, The Friars were unprepared for the buzzsaw that awaited.

The fabled Basketball Bennie lineup was finally unleashed in full force. The rule was simple -- any player that shot from 6 to 21 feet before there was 5 seconds left on the shot clock was immediately benched. Chris Livingston emerged off the bench as a monster stretch four who bullied the opposing team's top reserve. Sahvir Wheeler and Damion Collins developed an ESP leading to multiple game changing lobs while giving the Basketball Bennies some much needed rest.

The offensive explosion was unprecedented and ultimately led to the Wildcats taking home number 9 without being seriously tested. Other coaches had to burn the game film and unlearn everything they thought they knew about this team.

Little did college basketball know that this was the turning moment of Cal's legendary career. He followed up with another title led by DJ Wagner and went on to dominate the post-K, NIL era like John Wooden in his prime,

Last edited:
Hopkins didn't deal with the pressure well here at all, and it's gonna be monumental again for him tonight and the #1 thing he's been asked about all week. Definitely interested to see how he responds, and I hope we put it to him early.

Cats by 5 late to nab the cover, after blowing a 14 point lead w/ 10 to play. Leggo!

-Reed Sheppard owns the KHSSA Career Steals record, so I'd say he gives a least a little effort out there.

Last edited:
-Speaking on NIL. Jacob Toppin, has a more high profile endorsement deal than most of the NBA. Oscar is the most valuable player. DJ is with Nocta. His offense is killing me but that's a part of Cal no other coach can come close to matching. Think of the other AT&T athletes.

-Dad win/fail? Little dude was just eating Chicfila sauce with a spoon. I get it but...

-CJ is a solid defender.

-Nothing matches these two days. Game after game. Nonstop action.

-I don't recall getting out of school for St Patty's Day.

-"He's trash as f*ck" Lolz.

-Happy trails Aggies. F*cking weirdos.

-We're all Vols tomorrow.

-We gonna get weed and gambol in KY? How about dat.

-Speaking of gambol. Let's get it.

Came into work late today due to waiting in line at my local bourbon store for allocated bottles. Despite being 7th in line, not much of a selection this morning. Managed a green Weller and an Ezra Brooks Distiller's Collection OHLQ Exclusive. Meh.

Getting a few things done, then leaving at noon. Gonna throw some crab cakes on the Blackstone (Happy Lent, you heathens), grab a bottle of Writer's Tears Irish Whiskey (Happy St. Patrick's Day, you non Irish losers) and head over to my neighbor's house for green beer and basketball.

Around 6:30 or so, I'm switching from green to blue and Irish Whiskey to Bourbon and watching THE GAME in the solitude of my man cave. Touch Bryce Hopkins. Touch Ed Cooley. And touch you. (except you, Llama)

If we lose tonight, I'm driving Chumps to Lexington myself and bringing a shitload of torches. But that ain't happening. Cat's roll.

Who Dey! God Bless America! And Go Big Blue!

Let's f*cking go!

Getting a few things done, then leaving at noon. Gonna throw some crab cakes on the Blackstone (Happy Lent, you heathens), grab a bottle of Writer's Tears Irish Whiskey (Happy St. Patrick's Day, you non Irish losers)

I didn't think your people could eat shellfish?

As an OG Christian myself. I'm ordering Chinese for dinner tonight. Our Bishop proclaimed a disposition allowing meat consumption so we could celebrate St Patrick's day with a feast. I'm celebrating with General Tso's kitten and steamed dumplings. A fake Chinese meal in honor of a fake Irish Saint.

You'd like to think that our out of conference schedule filled with "made for TV" games in the Champions Classic, CBS Classic, etc., would prepare us for March, but when Cal stopped believing they mattered, I'm not so sure anymore.

When you don't emphasize winning throughout the season, asking players to suddenly WIN OR DIE seems like it could backfire. But, whatever.

@Miss St, Tennessee, @Florida, Auburn. They did okay during that stretch. And three of those are/were in the tournament.

Whether any of those are considered “quality” may be debatable.

Sheppard isn't a great on ball defender but can be a pesky on the ball guy when the 1v1 matchups allow. What he is really good at is playing the lanes. His IQ and instincts allow him to play the passing lanes extremely well. That's where he collects all of his steals.

You'd like to think that our out of conference schedule filled with "made for TV" games in the Champions Classic, CBS Classic, etc., would prepare us for March, but when Cal stopped believing they mattered, I'm not so sure anymore.

When you don't emphasize winning throughout the season, asking players to suddenly WIN OR DIE seems like it could backfire. But, whatever.

LFG?

So, Cal really going to play Wheeler tonight?

Would love to throw it right back in that virtue signaling c-word Dan Wolken's face right now and take some random benchwarmer from the women's Hoops team and insert they into the lineup tonight instead of Sahvir Wheeler, and yes I'm being 100% serious because F that quitter.

Oh, right, about that: Wheeler started working his way back into practice last week, participated fully — or close to it — this week, and in the locker room here Thursday, on the eve of sixth-seeded Kentucky’s NCAA Tournament opener against 11th-seeded Providence, he declared himself available to play again. The guy who allegedly quit on his team, even as he cheered from the bench for every game except the home finale against Vanderbilt (when he was in the hospital recovering from surgery), is back like he never left. Because he didn’t.

“That’s a narrative?” Wheeler said Thursday in the locker room, cackling as he feigned ignorance. “I’m not on social media. I haven’t been on Twitter or Instagram or anything like that. Man, I would hope (fans) were able to watch my energy on the bench. I think that tells a lot. That’s crazy that you say that, that was a narrative. Nah, man, I love this program. I love this team. I love the coaches I’m surrounded with every day. More than many guys will ever dream of. It’s a kid’s dream to be able to play at Kentucky. It’s a kid’s dream to play at this level, play in the kind of games I’ve been a part of. I’m at a loss for words, I’m just so happy to be able to play again.”

Reactions: jayroon
..on the eve of sixth-seeded Kentucky’s NCAA Tournament opener against 11th-seeded Providence, he declared himself available to play again...
Is this like Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy?

Tucker should have asked him if he didn't quit the team then why, for starters, did Ellen stand in for him on senior night? Minimum it's the biggest bitch move you can make.

And who gives a rip if you're cheering on your teammates but not in the mix with them on the court. We've got walk-ons for that. You p*ssed out and now you want back in, most likely to save face.

I'll say this, Wheeler is certainly saying and showing (from the bench) the right things. His actions don't really match what he is saying (skipping Sr. night), which is why it was ever a narrative and why we were skeptical, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt if he comes out and balls tonight and the rest of this tournament.

He ends up playing like Quade Green instead? GGP.

Speaking of women, that female PA announcer at the Birmingham site was getting on my last nerve during those games yesterday. Not because she's a woman, but because she was terrible. I couldn't even make out everything she was saying, but I could tell that she was trying waaaay too hard.

If you notice the PA announcer during a TV broadcast, something is wrong...whether they're male OR female.

My dad has been in the hospital this week. (He's fine but still in pain.)

Growing up, we lived across the street from Darrin Horn's parents and my dad would shoot hoops in the driveway with Darrin when he was a kid. Despite being in serious pain, my dad stayed up to watch the full NKU game. When I texted Dad this morning to check in, his response was "Still in pain. Did you see the NKU game? If Warrick had played his game, Norse would have won. Can you imagine Darrin with Cal's talent?"

Dude is eat up. He's currently bitching about the transfer portal and its effect on NKU's roster management. 🤣

March Madness!
I hope he recovers quickly.

LOL at the Birmingham PA announcer. It sounded like she was speaking Japanese at one point.

- I've seen the SEC/Pfizer "Take your shot" covid commercial no less than 20 times. It's as if Pfizer knows the huge majority of people don't pay attention to news and are sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT