ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey morons. Stop getting your hopes up that John is going to change.

You’re welcome.
“I’m not stressing about these Cats anymore. Just going to enjoy the ride until it ends. No reason to get all worked up with this team and the coaching this year. 9 games left and nothing is going to change, just hoping we get hot.”

From last Sunday and I totally agree with you. Just pray for the best and hope we’re not embarrassed.

If you're a major college coach, and you refuse to come out and do the post-game show, after an embarrassing loss, well, there is no other way to put it, you're stealing money, and you're just a big, classless pvssy. You're a fvcking child, and you deserve whatever your employers (the fans) have to say about your big, fat, classless, cowardly, childlike, POS ass. So, sleep well, you fvcking thieving, spineless shit stain.
Not to mention that you forfeit any and all opportunity to talk sh*t to your players about teamwork, honor, hard word, and accountability. You're teaching them every single time you curl up in a fetal position, whine, make excuses, and blame everyone BUT yourself.

Seriously, they should make this turd the highest paid grass cutter in the UK Physical Plant/Operations department.

All we need is Livingston at the 4 and we’re golden.

It’s so simple. Or CJ/Reeves together

The fact we can’t stop ANYBODY is irrelevant.
Cal did cost us early by insane lineup decisions.

However, the defensive issues are a systematic problem. We haven't had a top 30 kenpom defensive team since 2019. No magic lineup will make this a top 10 defensive team. There are fundamental flaws to how we play on that end.

If you're a major college coach, and you refuse to come out and do the post-game show, after an embarrassing loss, well, there is no other way to put it, you're stealing money, and you're just a big, classless pvssy. You're a fvcking child, and you deserve whatever your employers (the fans) have to say about your big, fat, classless, cowardly, childlike, POS ass. So, sleep well, you fvcking thieving, spineless shit stain.
Not to mention that you forfeit any and all opportunity to talk sh*t to your players about teamwork, honor, hard word, and accountability. You're teaching them every single time you curl up in a fetal position, whine, make excuses, and blame everyone BUT yourself.

Seriously, they should make this turd the highest paid grass cutter in the UK Physical Plant/Operations department.
Rack

Did UK play last night?

LOL at you suckers who watched at 9 pm tip when we were obviously getting our asses whipped. Calipari has become Billy Clyde 2.0, right down to the beer gut, bullshit about toughness, and running from the media.

I hope Alan Cutler is limbering up because Cal's days at UK are numbered. You can't get to f***ing 2024 without the possibility of a tournament win in this decade and remain the Kentucky basketball coach.

Last edited:
-he's way past his prime...and has always won with *superior* talent/athleticism. Not sure he will be able to do that with next year's class as the game has passed him by....a while back.

-spring practice will be here shortly, hang tight.

-turned off at 10 minute mark in the second half...bummed for those that went to the game.

-another reminder that the Bitch bus gang was right all along. #neverforget, or whatever.

I'll tell you who else was 100% dead on: Mike Wilbon.

Kentucky fans are stupid and lazy and ignorant and selfish and entitled and we're super lucky to have an awesome Hall of Fame coach like John Calipari because he's awesome and we don't know jack s***.

I think an important thing to note about Cal is that it has been a very long time since he's had to manage rosters comprised of guys who are not mostly freak athletes and able to overmatch most of their opponents.

At least, not successfully so.

People mistakenly believe that Cal crushed it for his entire 9 seasons at Memphis. Not true. His 1st 5 seasons at Memphis were pretty mediocre with a 68% win % and he only made 2 NCAA tournaments (7 seed in both).

2000-01 : 21-15
2001-02 : 27-9
2002-03 : 23-7
2003-04 : 22-8
2004-05 : 22-16

Then came the 19 year age limit for the draft. Cal was able to collect elite talent and his success exploded. The next 4 seasons saw a 91% win % and either a 1 or 2 seed in each tournament.

2005-06 : 33-4
2006-07 : 33-4
2007-08 : 38-2
2008-09 : 33-4

When you add in his incredible success at UK building rosters with elite NBA ready talent up until a few years ago, it's been a long time since Cal has not had the upper hand simply based on raw talent. He continues to lean on his historic approach to running the team in terms of system, but his roster make up seems inconsistent with his history back to 2005.
Just wanted to revisit this post I made a month ago. After watching the performances against Kansas and Arkansas, I think it's even more painfully obvious that Cal is just not good at coaching rosters that are inferior in raw talent and athleticism.

Just wanted to revisit this post I made a month ago. After watching the performances against Kansas and Arkansas, I think it's even more painfully obvious that Cal is just not good at coaching rosters that are inferior in raw talent and athleticism.
I’ve saved this post so I can reference his record at Memphis when trying to explain to those few idiots who still put Cal on a pedestal. I don’t subscribe to the “he rolls the ball out theory” necessarily because he does have his moments, it’s just that they have become fewer and farther between.

Think at this point it's clear Cal is not a HOF coach unless he has elite talent that just overpowers opponents and drags him across the finish line. He has not had that kind of talent since Monk, Fox and Bam. The 19-20 team possibly makes a run but no way I ever trusted Hagans to lead them to a FF. Maybe next year's team has the horsepower to do it but not counting on it. Program just needs a re-boot but how long that will be is anyone's guess.

Quite a few things I didn’t like about the game besides the obvious.

1- CJ Frederick is a scared puss boi. There I said it. Arkansas was aggressive and frantic and he wanted nothing to do with that.

2- ESPN showing our fans leaving with 4 minutes left. Thanks for that, now please blast it all over the airwaves on your shows today to embarrass that fat wop. We have no faith in you, sir!

3- Sigh, Oscar. We were better with Collins.

4- As much as I want to blame Cal for a lot of it last night, only Wallace was capable of not wilting at some point. The rest had times where they looked the part, but couldn’t maintain it. 3 TOs in the first minute of the 2nd half and we were toast!

What a strange year. The consensus, unanimous National Player of the Year comes back for another season, and every single coach we've faced is like:

"Okay, let's just beat this dude's ass on defense and dare the rest of the team to beat us, but they can't because they suck, and on O we'll just attack him because he can't guard a fence post."

It's pretty easy to coach against us.

Forgot the game was on. Popped up after binging Jack Ryan so picked it up about 12 mins left. Turned off when we got BLOBBED again.

Just no interest in this basketball program. Cal has taken something I used to get excited for even against the scrub teams and made indifference easier than ever. And, I feel for the players. This can't be fun for them, either. It's a leaderless group of dudes playing slightly above YMCA bball. Thanks, John. Now kindly GTFO and let someone that GAF have a go at it.

One easy way to tell that more people are finally getting it when it comes to Cal is that you no longer see many (some, but not many) national talking heads saying "Kentucky fans better be careful of what they wish for!", etc. That used to be the warning any time college basketballs like us started grumbling about Cal's antiquated style, revolving door, ridiculous substitution patterns, etc. Truth is, there are several coaches out there who could have amassed a roster this talented (or more) at Kentucky, and coached this team better than it's been coached. What we wish for is a guy who can win games that matter. And there are all kinds of guys out there who are currently doing that.

That same "Be careful what you wish for!" speech is now being directed at Ohio State fans about Chris Holtmann. That's right, Buckeye fans, be careful what you wish for! Or else you might end up with a coach who can actually win more than 55 percent of his conference games!

There was a sense of relief for me when I got so angry that I turned it off with about 5 minutes left last night. It was nice to know that it's still there.

I just don't understand how much longer UK is expecting the fanbase to go along with this bullshit. I realize Cal's immunity is derived from that absurd contract, but is there no so sense of alarm or urgency within the administration that perhaps, I don't know, there's a situation with the Men's Basketball program?

In my lifetime I never could conceive that this body of work in recent years could be deemed permissible by UK. It's blowing my mind at this point. The truly depressing thing is that we are watching it all unfold in realtime and there is sheer indifference by the UK Athletics Director and UK Board of Trustees. Both of whom absolutely bear the responsibility for this mess, at least in theory, because seemingly there can be no accountability for their gross mishandling of its highest paid employee's contract. By who or how would that even be done?

I guess I am asking is there truly nobody within UK's leadership that understands what they're seeing with the basketball program? If there are, what in the hell are they doing about it? Heads should F'n roll for the University being in this position. Surely someone with some kind of authority believes that.

• I missed the first half of the game yesterday due to a work dinner; not sure how we actually stuck around with these guys. They were faster, stronger, more aggressive... almost looked like a JV vs Varsity situation. And we allegedly have NBA talent on our team? What?
  • Speaking of the work dinner, I think I'm only going in on dry aged steak from now on. Had a nice 70-day NY Strip last night. Unreal. Been looking to get a dry ager for home use... about to pull the trigger but you basically have to buy commercial size. Let me know if you want me to age steaks for you; I'll only charge you $10/lb.
  • Can you imagine bragging about not being able to stay up to watch a game from 9 to 11 like it’s some kind of badge of honor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT